Help with dieting

>start dieting to lose some weight
>was a functional adult with normal thought patterns
>lose 13 pounds in a month
>literally 90% of my time all I do is compulsively think about food
>checking the time obsessively when is the next meal
>recounting over and over what kind of food we have in the fridge, how much, how many calories are in them
>some more thoughts about what I could eat, and how good it would feel to finally eat enough to fill my belly
>recounting how many calories I had eaten today

Oh god. I hate this dieting so fucking much. This isn't life, this is torture. I even dream with food. I feel like I'm literally going crazy.

how long hab u been doing it?

It's an addiction that you have to break and it gets easier with time. Whatever you do, don't give in. Giving in a splurging, or even worse binging, is not only going to fuck up your weight loss, but make it harder to stay on your diet. It's harder to eat one cookie than none.

Started in late december, can't really remember the precise date. I'm super glad to have lost so much weight, I didn't expect to progress so easily.
But being awake feels like a living hell, one never ending battle fighting myself constantly not to cave in and eat.
And my mind is overwhelmed with thoughts of food at all times.

Holy shit I relate to this feel.

I have been going for six months now with continuous weight loss that lately has been getting slower and slower. It's making me worry that I won't be able to carry this on for life, because it's just getting more torturous for me. I'm close to "making it" weight wise, but have I really made it when I'm still so preoccupied with food? I've been eating clean and exercising, but still feel like a worthless addict.

Just fuck my life up.

You can do it anons

Think of an alcoholic getting rid of their addiction. Is not easy but not impossible. Also that obsession with calorie counting will help you to measure how many pizzas you can stuff in your god mouth and still get gains (pic related)

No, no, no!!! You're supposed to lie and say it gets easier with time

>Think of an alcoholic getting rid of their addiction.
This is a terrible analogy. You don't need alcohol to live. But you do need food. You can't just go cold turkey (pardon the pun), and quit eating altogether, like drug addicts and alcoholics can. You must indulge in your addiction every single day, multiple times and be strong enough not to fail.

I have a cheat: coffee
a big ass fucking mug

try it rn user!
it makes your mind to distract you and makes you feel like you are digesting stuff, and the taste makes it so you don't just gulp the fucking thing in less than 2 or 3 mins

Is what I do

Thank you user.

I'm sure I can get through it. I just wasn't expecting it to hit this hard, especially when I had thought the beginning was the worst part.

I thought that getting easier was what was supposed to happen, which is why I'm led to think I'm doing something wrong?

(Not OP, I'm the other user. For anyone who cares, I'm running 1000-1200cal clean OMAD, running 3-4x a week, lifting weights 2-3x a week. I drink coffee to keep the hunger down during the day.)

Probably you should get a list of foods that fill you like a water-balloon but are low in carbs and calories and that and change your workout to something of a bear so you can digest meatcakes like nobody's business

there is barely 3000 calories in that picture

DUMBASSES.

I was able to go from extreme binges to weaning myself down to 1200 calories.

You learn what yrue hunger is by fasting at the begining.

Full days with out food ADF fasting.

Then i ate 2000 for a while, then 1800, then 1500, now 1200 until i lose enoigh weight ill go to 1400 and live off of it forever.

It was unable to stop my depersonalized psychotic binges until i did extreme ADF fasting.

I cut my calories to 2000 while i was ADF fasting, then i quit the fasting days when i started getting blackouts.

I made mistakes going over 2000 calories but continued to try.

I went down to 1800 but stillmade mistakes while living with my unhealthy family.

Sometimes i would lay in bed unable to sleep cuz my stomach kept telling me im hungry.

But i knew it was just the psychosis trying to insert bad behaviours and fake feelings to make me kill myself again.

So i stopped caring about that.

I still like food but i decided its not that important.

I lost 14kg

Do you mean work out more?

Something like that

going from one form of unhealthiness to another form of unhealthiness, kek

You're cutting too hard you fucking retard. Lose 4 pounds a month and quit starving yourself.

Counting calories is unhealthy now LOLOLOLOL GO fug urself fatass.

Im female so 1400 calories is generous.

You know nothing about determination and health

The dietition agrees with me
Die haes cunt

i eat ice cream and cheeseburgers on my cuts. just do liss cardio, hit the macros, eat satiating food, and do not cut under your mbr. and eat a lot of protein.

Green smoothies, OP. Alternate Spinach, Kale, Celery, and Lettuce. Put a piece of fruit in it. You will lose your cravings.

fasting to moments of blackouts are healthy right? no you probably damaged your heart muscles at that point. and cutting low just fucks with your mbr, make you lose a lot of LBM (i bet you have a flat ass), become deficient in a lot of nutrients which invites a a whole host of other problems (oh wait, you mentioned psychosis, suicidal ideation).

My goal is about 1500 calories too. Though sometimes I went a bit above, but since I lost weight so well, I didn't make a big deal out of it. For now, anything below 2000 calories is a weight loss for me.

>Green smoothies, OP. Alternate Spinach, Kale, Celery, and Lettuce. Put a piece of fruit in it.
>You will lose your cravings.
And possibly whatever else I had for lunch before. No offense. I mean, vegetables sound nice in theory but they're really bitter and make me wanna puke.

No, i said i STOPPED fasting when i was first blacking out.

Im eating the right amount and the dietition agrees and i take suplements and eat the most healthy and lift weights and walk and am close to being under 90kg

Go die heas cunt

I’m not him, I happened to be scrolling past. Dietition isn’t a word and you’re way madder than the other guy. Eat a snickers lmao.

>vegetables sound nice in theory but they're really bitter and make me wanna puke.

the fruit covers up the taste. just try a spinach/apple one once. 6 oz spinach, 2 small apples, enough water to blend them. I promise it's not the least bit bitter.

user, I was going to ask about fasting, because you said you were female, but since it’s only been a month good luck with no periods and anorexia.

I did something similar as a junior in high school. I would think about food all the time to the point where I felt I could almost taste it. So what I did was I concentrated on that and the physical sensations of eating and tricked my brain into thinking I ate. I would sit in class and imagine eating a huge cheeseburger and when I was done I felt full. Most of hunger is psychological, so if you can control yourself and remain disciplined you can do pretty well for yourself.

IM ALREADY BETTER FAT FUUUUCK

An 8oz cup of coffee black is 8 cal. I'd hardly call that a cheat

Have you read about the starvation trials?

I think they were experiments done in the 50s. Basically, the symptoms you're reporting are exactly the ones reported by the people in the experiment.

Cutting calories makes you constantly obsess over food, because you're getting just enough to make you feel like you don't have enough.

I would go with intermittent fasting, as your best bet. It's still going to suck, but it'll stop sucking after a couple weeks.

Hang in there, user!

If you're enough of an alcoholic, you do need it to live

I've been doing omad for a month now in combination with a 1500cal a day limit. My problem is that I'm just bored. I'm not miserable without the food, but I've come to realize how much boredom drove me to eat in the past.

>I'm not miserable without the food, but I've come to realize how much boredom drove me to eat in the past.

If that's all it is, you're gonna get off pretty easy.

Tea and Coffee help with filling that boredom gap pretty well

You can't live off 1400 calories forever, especially not if you also exercise.