How the fuck am I supposed to add weight every 1 or two workouts on SS...

How the fuck am I supposed to add weight every 1 or two workouts on SS? I started with the most weight I could do for 5-6 reps, next workout I add 5 lbs. I fail at 3.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r8kSioFvyok
youtube.com/watch?v=JSPdoHMNskc
discord.gg/aGBd7J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eat more

this happened when you first started? if so then you successfully are immune to beginner gains.

You're not supposed to start with your absolute 5RM. Start with a weight that you could do 7-8 reps with and move up from there

>doing SS
>not Drinking A Gallon Of Milk A Day
YNDTP

Read the program. You start with the bar. You don't grow by pushing to failure constantly, that's how you get fatigued and burn out after a week. You should have 3 reps left in the tank after the first set, 2 after the second, and 1 after the third set with 3-5 minute rests between each set.

>I started with the most weight I could do for 5-6 reps

Good job, you already fucked up from the very beginning. Read the book and try again retard. Or just google "how much weight to start with Starting Strength". You're not going to make it regardless.

>You don't grow by pushing to failure constantly,

im getting bigger every day

That's Stronglifts, not Starting Strength. Don't comment if you're a brainlet.

some people actually are
youtube.com/watch?v=r8kSioFvyok

highlights

>Obviously combinationation of nature vs nurture. Genetic determines ceiling / asymptote but training required to get there. Genetic plays a role in how well you train, how long you train, how consistent you train. Greg doesn't state it explicitly, but there are huge genetic components to personality factors such as work ethic (~50% from memory). Greg: People who think genetics don't play a role are "crazy".

>No correlation between starting point and how well one responds to training (and presumably ceiling). People who start strong can be poor responders to (proper) training. People who start weak can be strong responders.

>Summary of a study on how long it takes to reach athletic mastery, more technical strength sports require more training to reach mastery (duh).
>gymnastics (high technique requirement + strength base): 8000-9000 hours
>sprinting (moderate technique requirement + strength bas): 2000-4000 hours
>powerlifting (potato technique requirement + strength base): likely less than 2000-4000 hours

>Bummer Greg: if you've been training really hard for 3-4 years (~10 hour weeks) and you're not very good, you probably won't ever be that good. Welled trained individuals realize 95% of their gains in 5-7 years, emphasis on WELL TRAINED.

>There are TRUE non responders to training, probably not the 15-20% of population quoted in studies (who are likely non responders to particular styles of training). Greg estimates out of the several hundred people he trained 1-2 were true non responders. He elaborates on how one kid failed to respond to everything despite being passionate and having food and recovery taken care of. We're not all gonna make it brah.)

>Typically individuals will build 10-20kg muscle throughout training career. Rate exponentially decay.

Read the book retard. SS doesn't say start with absolute 5RM

>You start with the bar.
Wrong program idiot.
>3-5 minute rests between each set.
Hate to break it to you but Uncle Mark recommends resting as long as possible.
youtube.com/watch?v=JSPdoHMNskc

I didn't say it did, faggot.

The book sure as fuck doesn't say "start with the bar." I know what the book says. I own the book and have read the book. How about you read the book, dipshit?
>protip: it doesn't say what you think it does

SS does not say start with the bar, it tells you to start at a weight that causes a decrease in barspeed

lmao telling people to read the book, having not read the book yourself

what is the percentage of gains they get in their first year or two?

also what does non responder mean exactly?is there's a very low ceiling to how much they can gain over time, that they get very small gains from week to week from progressive overload? how is that possible? shouldn't the body build muscles over time through tear/repair provided they're on a good program/diet? is there something specific to their body that suppresses this?

i'm extremely skeptical that you can have a normally functioning human, that when fed properly and put through a training regimen, can achieve exactly 0 muscle gains.

>The book sure as fuck doesn't say "start with the bar
That's literally what the book says and how SSC's actively preach to find your starting workset weight. You didn't read the book

Where did I say start with bar? I said don't start with an absolute 5RM

right here

That's not my post buddy. And what that user is saying is to start with the bar and work your way up to find your *correct* workset weight

Eat more OP, you have to if you're doing SS or else don't bother.

no, that's not what he's saying, that's your brainlet interpretation of what he's saying

he said
>You start with the bar.
not
>You start with the bar and work your way up in weight until bar speed decreases, this is your first 3x5 working weight

Lmao read the post again.

>You should have 3 reps left in the tank after the first set, 2 after the second, and 1 after the third set with 3-5 minute rests between each set

Holy fuck this board is retarded

>falling for the SS meme

Just do a bro split like a normal person if you don't want to look like a weird mutant.

Keep doing your grinding absolute 5RM squats @ lmao2pl8 buddy

>You start with the bar.
wrong
>You don't grow by pushing to failure constantly, that's how you get fatigued and burn out after a week.
wrong
>You should have 3 reps left in the tank after the first set, 2 after the second, and 1 after the third set
wrong
>with 3-5 minute rests between each set.
wrong
>Read the program.
ironic, isn't it?

wrong

post body and lifts, you faggot twink

discord.gg/aGBd7J

Fuck off Donald you dotard

Alpha destiny's novice routine is pretty good.

CONFIDENCE

Bout to start that one myself. I plan on doing it with added calf stuff, should I add bicep shit or is the program good without it?

Too long, did not read
Cliff's: YNDTP

The only thing wrong is the rest periods. Jordan figenbaum and Baraki themselves say that each workset shouldn't be a complete 5RM until the late stages of the program

Which bro split?

Posy body, T-Rex mode faggot. Your legs are bigger than your torso. You're so hideous that you have an even lower chance of losing your virginity now than you did before you starting lifting. Just end your life already.

>all this confusion about who said what
anonymous imageboards were a mistake