>looks like a fat dad/UPS driver

Can someone explain this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7YadkXp7cac?t=4m53s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you can say the same thing about strong men

When you don't need to cut much weight you dont give a fuck about bodyweight

also hes the most skilled wrestler in UFC currently and the guy's a beast

He is explosive and can use his weight to his advantage.

I can explain

He is a trained fighter, he doesn't workout for aesthetics, aesthetics mean absolutely nothing in a fight

>also hes the most skilled wrestler in UFC currently
he isn't, it's Yoel Romero both by credentials, who he beat (beat Cael a few times, DC was 0-7 against Cael iirc), and all the top tier wrestlers including DC himself say Yoel is the best wrestler

but he's certainly up there

>also hes the most skilled wrestler in UFC currently and the guy's a beast

Holy shit that's fucking terrifying

in pure wrestling DC is more credentialed, in MMA wrestling/grappling Jones is unmatched at LHW

I have never seen a fat UPS driver. The job is pretty physically demanding.

Holy shit
Beastmode.

>the guy that beat Lesnar looks like a landscaper

I've seen plenty. They weren't landwhales or anything though, they were stronkfat.

>roider
>cokehead

>insulting someone who is so much more skilled than everyone in his weight class that he can literally go on a coke binge for a week leading up to his fight and still demolish his opponent
ISHYGDDT

They're all on roids and almost all of them do coke.

tag them all then retard

that is incredible aggressiveness

He will still lose to a relatively active guy who is significantly larger

>when you don't need to cut much weight

Cormier is a heavyweight who came down to LHW, what are you talking about

MMA wrestling isn't the same as wrestling

DC's wrestling skills translated far better into MMA than Yoel. DC can actually keep his opponents on the ground.

This meme again

>this is the raw power of American BLOATHLETES

Jones is not currently in the UFC

I fucking love Yoel's fights. I usually cheer against him, but they always bring excitement.

thats Daniel Cormier you fucking retards not jon jones

I'm sorry for your loss user

>Can someone explain this?

Yeah, that's what he looks like before he cuts in order to make weight. That's also what an MMA fighter who doesn't take sterons is going to look like in between fights.

How many of them get caught? Ffs chuck Liddell probably snorted his bodyweight in coke; but you can't stop for two days before a fight?

>Punches him square in the back of the head
>Gets a TKO instead of a point reduction

Where the fuck did they find that idiot ref?

its legal

>an MMA fighter who doesn't take sterons

you may not like it, but this is literally what peak performance looks like

That just makes me cynical. Like why chase after peak performance if it looks like shit and I have no shot of making money off sports

fighting isn't a bodybuilding contest

so you mean in the sport neither of them compete in, DC is better but in the sport they both compete in, Jones is better?

intredasting

why do you comment in a thread about mma if you legit dont know anything about it? lurk and learn newfriend

Lmao no one puts on and loses 60 pounds of fat in between every fight

you can lose and gain 25lbs at the heavyweight division between weigh in and fight. in 2 days.

the fight game is thus: you get in shape for your fights as needed with super intense cardio and desultory lifting at all times. A fighter idealy has 12 weeks to prepare for a fight, in between he DGAF about his condition other than to stay strong. thos 12 weeks consist of running and more running and running some more and fight drills and heavy cardio work while the lifting stays in there.

That's why JJ can have dad bod in this picture but look like a cut god during a fight, he just spent 3 months killing himself in training ultra cardio and will then take time off

literally every pro fighter roids. No exceptions

>Batman ankle pick
>still ends up failing into guard

>roids
>coke
>eyepokes
>elbows
>

>Yoel Romero
I like him as a fighter, but it could not be anymore obvious he is roided to the gills.

the fact that 2 of the arguable goats, dc and fedor are both odd looking and have the physiques they do really fills me with hope

If you've ever seen him in person he's a very large man.

Just read about him getting inteeviewed after being knocked out before he could get medical attention. Felt awfully bad for him. Should have been given the basic decency to get medical help and compose himself pre interview

I understand, reading is hard

Bro he's 5'11 240lbs at 25% bf how big can he be IRL

This

If Yoel had a decent BJJ to go along with his wrestling skills, he'd be a champ by now.

nah, strongmen are just fat fucks who are good at performing a few lifts. they can't fight for shit

Fedor was the same way. If you saw Fedor in his prime, in a bathing suit, you'd think big chubby guy.

Also Fedor would destroy him.

>shoving fingers into eyes=skilled

>Can someone explain this?
Yes, you confuse looking like a bodybuilder with actual strength.

funny how you look back at some of his fights, like against machida, and he only starts winning the fight after he eye pokes them.

yeah, but DC isn't the most skilled "MMA wrestler" in the UFC either

>Also Fedor would destroy him.
Fedor the guy who only fight Cans in japan, and got exposed on america, losing to everyone and handpicking fights and still losing
ROFL

that's the natty look

natty lifting is a meme boi

>had to use roids to beat a man that was much smaller and older

hahahahaha

Cormier's had suspicious blood results in the past. They're all on roids, Bones is just a fucking moron. The stupidest MMA fighter has to be Cody Garbrandt though, he basically admitted that TAM takes roids when he was feuding with TJ Dillashaw.

you think a dude that can dead lift 1000 lbs cant just hug you to death in 10 seconds? You spry enough to knock out a 400lb athlete before he grabs ahold of you?

>strongman
>athlete

nigga any elite strongman would beat the crap out of Cormier
Strongmen only have trouble with the elite super HW, never HW and LHW.

arguably the best heavyweight ever

Jesus fucking Christ I'm not even sure where to start

>you can lose and gain 25lbs at the heavyweight division between weigh in and fight. in 2 days.
This is why I specified 60 pounds of fat
>in between he DGAF about his condition other than to stay strong
If you think that fighters aren't staying in shape in between fights then I don't even know how to argue with you because you're so fucking dumb it gives me physical pain. I'm not saying they go hard the whole time between fights, but if they didn't stay in great shape (think WAY better cardio than the average human) then they would be physically unable to get into shape in time to fight. Remember McGregor's post fight interviews? He couldn't push himself too hard to get out past 9-10 rounds because he would have been working so hard that his body would have been unable to recover. And that's coming from fighting fights with 5 5-minute rounds

Also
>That's why JJ can have dad bod in this picture
It's fucking Daniel Cormier. Jesus fuck you're incompetent

The coping with these people. Yes, a national or better level boxer, MMA, etc probably could beat any strongman in a fight, but not the dude that goes to a BJJ class for funsies.

Fighting isn't something you'd need to be athletic for unless you have to go for 1 hour like boxers. It's literally all skill and is not related to how you look - as soon as combat athletes stop their conditioning, they ballon up because fighting or martial arts by themselves is a CNS thing, not a muscle or fat thing.

t. knew Bavarian vice champion in boxing and the later EU Kumite champion in Karate

Hint: It's why all combat sports with weight classes do a lot of cardio. It's for weight control - you won't need the running endurance in the ring anyway.

People overrate going to BJJ for fun. A bunch of people on reddit were saying that random blue belts from their gym would beat Floyd fucking Mayweather in a fight.

Completely normal technique from traditional styles. I think I even saw it in medieval fighting books. Always wondered if it worked, but it apparently does.

Some people are retards. I did wrestling in HS, Army combatives, and like a year of BJJ. I'm pretty confident I could take most random faggots on the street, but it about ends there. I don't think I'd even fair well against a good amateur boxer.

>you think a dude that can dead lift 1000 lbs cant just hug you to death in 10 seconds? You spry enough to knock out a 400lb athlete before he grabs ahold of you?
Do we really have to post the powerlifter getting killed by an MMA nobody with a single kick again?

tl;dr: Yes and yes.

>Fedor the guy who only fight Cans in japan
This is what kids who have only ever watched the UFC actually believe.

Fedor was probably taking steroids like everyone else in the days of Pride. In the sense of pure performance, Pride was probably the highest level MMA has ever been at simply because everyone back then was taking and were physical specimens like no other. Fedor probably never was able to catch up to training with such different methods, but there probably was a time when no man alive could say shit about him.

Right now he's a pretty sad view, you can even tell how much he has physically changed and how different his striking gameplan is, but the way he traded blows with the best strikers in the world and grappled with the best grapplers in the world was fantastic.

Your expectations for what a fighter looks like are wrong

*blocks your path on the first day you sign up at an mma gym*

>Yes, a national or better level boxer, MMA, etc probably could beat any strongman in a fight, but not the dude that goes to a BJJ class for funsies.
Any guy doing martial arts /for real" ie not as ahobby, will literally kill any strongman or powerlifter in a fight. It's not that strength is useless - it does absolutely nothing, like it doesn't even enter the equation.

You Americans are delusional.

Forgot pic

"Oh, hello mister Hughes, may I help you with something? Do you need help crossing the street? How are you recovering?"

Yeah I am a decent wrestler/jiujitsu guy as well, and I half-assed striking for like a year (like 6-8 classes/month). I decided to do some MMA sparring because I've choked out randos in fights and "Hey I can just throw some jabs and leg kicks at range then take them down." I got my ass kicked by like low level amateurs (some with no actual fights, just sparring, some without any real grappling ability) who were basically using me as a warmup until I learned how to actually fight. People have no idea.

mirin physique. Natty?

DELETE THIS NOW!!!!!

You can clearly see his muscular development. Would see him in public and not fuck with him.

Being a pro fighter, Luke Rockhold is likely not natty, but you could get his physique natty if you wanted and had his frame.

You're delusional if you think anyone who doesn't have multiple years of training, and martial arts is their career, would have any chance. I don't give a fuck if you've got a yellow scrunchie or whatever faggy piece of flair your strip mall martial arts class gave you for paying them $100 a month for 2 years, unless you are approaching national level talent, you are cosplaying as a fighter.

Same with a lot of "fat" fighters. Josh Barnett (pic related) looks flabby as fuck on TV but if you see him in real life you'd be like "Holy shit this dude is a monster."

Maybe not Roy Nelson lol.

my god his hips are wide

>;_;

youtu.be/7YadkXp7cac?t=4m53s

Only Josh Barnett could get a bunch of women to play Magic The Gathering! @4m53s

Yeah, seriously, if you compare guys at equal levels of proficiency in their activity (powerlifting and fighting), the fighter will always win. However, you take a world class powerlifter, top 10 in the world and pit them against an amateur and your amateur is getting mauled unless they're a heavyweight or light heavyweight prospect.

"Fighter" is a retarded label because truth is, as with every competitive activity, there are levels to that shit. A high level football player would probably destroy endurance-wise a group of guys that go out on the weekends for jogs without needing to be a "runner". Fighting is a game of skill and you don't really have fighters and non-fighters -- that's a label invented by shitty fighters to put themselves on a pedestal because they put on gloves twice a week. Everyone's a fighter, there's just different levels of skill.

>Th-They’re all on steroids, n-not Jones!
>I-It doesn’t matter that I can’t prove they’re on steroids!
>B-But Nate said so!
Yeah for sure my man. It’s not like they’re repeatedly tested for steroids by the biggest drug-testing organization in the world or anything.

>And that's coming from fighting fights with 5 5-minute rounds
>only has 2 fights that went to decision

>Kumite champion in Karate
Please don’t make posts about topics you’re clueless on

stipe will end his career

Stipe has never beaten another competent wrestler before.

He beat up a roided up 260lb 6'4 guy who shadowboxes with the hand speed of fucking pacquiao and 1 round KO'd guys like overeem and arlovskiy
he beat that
DC doesn't stand a chance

>this guy cuts in front of you at the ice cream parlor
>he doesn't say anything to you or your girlfriend, he just smiles and enjoys his scoops
what do you do?

You mean the same scrutiny Olympic level athletes are subjected too. The same organization that just had a huge scandal with Russian state sponsored doping for decades.

You're really naive if you think top level athletes wouldn't take every risk possible when millions of dollars are on the line

i can't wait ngannou to... feel him

You're as if he out striked him. No he wrestle-fucked him so easy to do in MMA he basically cheated