/run/- Running General Road Edition

What is your normal running route /run/? Mine is usually through my neighborhood with occasional bike path runs.

My normal is a 17km with two laps around a local lake, it's really beautiful now in the winter.

Pic is my biggest inspiration, David Laney. Amazing athlete with an even better stache'

There is a forest preserve around me I might head there more often. I like to stay within areas I don't need a car to get to.

I need to work on 'stache gains.

Yeah I feel ya, having to take the car to run sort of feels like missing the point?

I really like running but in the small town I live I fear of getting looked at by everyone. How do I cope with this?

>Running on bike paths
Seriously kill yourself. I bet you’re also one of those faggots that run with headphones in so you can’t hear a bike coming up behind you. Might as well run on the street in front of cars, you fucking nigger.

preemptively stare at everyone before they stare at you

People never look at you as much as you think they do. And if they actually do, it's more likely that they're impressed or envious of you

Just go in the mornings

I try hard not to have a normal route; there's always some small variation, although parts obviously get repeated.

I mostly run off-road, through hilly woods with a good mix of trails and wide, easy unpaved roads.
Distances usually between 7 and 14km, with significant outliers mostly at the longer end.

Every now and again I run flat and paved, and occasionally on the track.

aah running without music is like hunting for sport. literally wtf are you doing...

>Biking on running paths.
Seriously kill yourself. I bet you're also one of those faggots that can't slow down for two fucking seconds to maneuver around a person who's on their feet and is dumb enough to think that's their fault. Might as well bike in my living room you fucking nigger.

the fuck kinda dog is that?

Pic related is my turnaround point.

I hate dog walkers so God damn much, always completely fucking oblivious to their surroundings and I get their stupid dogs chasing after me.

On the other hand, because of this I now run mainly on roads and I like it more.

night runs are maximum comfy

Ill carry my workout clothes in a strapped backpack with my other belongings, and run homer after when I am finished at the gym. Its about 2 miles.

>one true love is sprinting
>neglected cardio so long that I can't manage even a full minute of jogging
I'm going to have to jog for at least a month before I get into sprinting again, aren't I?

A morning jog around a reservoir (0.8mi loop), I usually run a 6K (4mi). Pretty nice in the early morning.

I have a total of 14 routes, all around 10k in my general area. Mostly bike/hike paths, and a bunch on a canal towpath. Those are all pretty flat, with nice scenery.

When there's snow on the ground though, I'm stuck either on city streets or the local rec center with an 17 laps/mile track. :(

>finished C25K
>since I had no program I started aimlessly running
>now back to basically square 1

I hate myself. Gonna have to do C25K again but I'll start in the middle. I get completely gassed after about 1.25 miles now

>Overdo running, hurt my knee
>It gets progressively worse as I walk around during the day
>Rest for a week, it still hurts
>Say fuck it, I'm going for a run
>Run
>Pain goes away and stays away
???????
Running giveth and running also taketh away?

>>since I had no program I started aimlessly running
>>now back to basically square 1
What do you mean aimless running? As long as you run for a good amount of time at a decent aerobic level you shouldn't have any losses.

I'd say I'm gonna go run 3 miles (that was my goal, to run 3 miles 3 times a week) but I'd quit after like 15 minutes or be more prone to stop running because of an ache or pain somewhere. I know I'm mentally weak. My runs went from being 25-30 minutes in length to like 12 minutes in length

I'm inclined to think you're going too fast. Go at a comfortable pace. I listen to podcasts while running so my mind can wander freely as time passes. It's easy enough to pump out a good hour of running that way, especially when you're listening to a particularly good episode.

I don't know if I am. I usually run in the mid 7 minute per mile range, which from what I've seen is not very fast.

What I'm about to say sounds like some soyboy bullshit but "fast" does not have a uniform meaning. If you were running 9+ minute miles at the start of C25K for instance, 7.5 minute miles would be pretty fast for you

Build an aerobic base. You're going way too fast. Go at a pace you feel like you can sustain indefinitely, whatever it is. 12 minutes is not enough to get a good exercise.
If you get gassed after 1.25 miles, your mid-7 pace is getting you nowhere.

Alright I'll go tomorrow. I think I'll stop wearing my GPS watch that tells me my distance/time and just use something on my phone. I think I get too hung up on running fast that I burn myself out fast

This is a fitness board. Please take your unhealthy obsession elsewhere.

Bruh you know the C25K has addons which extend it to 10km, half marathon and marathon, although you have to pay at half-marathon.

This is what I'm thinking of doing, just about to finish C25K.

Also

How quickly can I meaningly improve my running in six months to a year? I'm keen to be able to run for 10km a day, although I'm not there yet.

Never thought to be a runner but it's so convenient not needing a bike or having to worry about traffic

Within about 2.5 km of my home I've got a gravel running path around a reservoir that's about 5 km long, and a beachside paved running path that's about 12 km long. There's a running track by my local subway station but for some reason they thought concrete was the ideal material. Shorter runs can be a bit of a pain in this quiet residential area - winding, twisty little roads with frequent stops for traffic.

usually, a rough trail around a city lake. Broken rock, some stairs, lots of gravel sections. Lots of bare rock sections.

Lately, dogsled trails. Kudos to those maintaining them, and glad to yield to a pack of braying huskies. Makes the run funner.

Just run.

Increase about 10% a week at most
Don't increase every week
Don't run if you are injured
(if weather is your excuse not to run, run stair repeats you lazy faggot)

lather, rinse repeat until you can beat Mr. Jornet running hills.