Gaining muscle and losing fat

I'm a beginner trying to go from 18% bodyfat to about 14% or so while at the same time gradually adding muscle size.
I'm thinking of doing a single, intense, full-body workout a week and eating at a caloric surplus for 48 hours following said workout. The remainder of the week, I would be eating at a slight caloric deficit in order to shave off some fat. After I have reached the desired bodyfat percentage, I would start eating at maintainance on days outside of that 48 hours window, in order to slowly add lean mass while at the same time minimizing fat storage.
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work out in the long term?
Keep in mind, I'm not interested in the fastest way of either losing fat or gaining muscle, and simply want a program that will yield consistent results without requiring drastic life-style changes.

It'd prolly by fine to start with but you'll have to amp up the intensity at some point down the line.

So you're gonna workout once a week and eat at deficit?

Also 4% bf is pretty much a lot for a beginner to lose

You should excercise at least three times a week user. If you can't lift try cardio, run/bike/etc

>do water fast
>after you end it start doing OMAD and cardio/lifting
I lost 13kg for 3 week fast then gained 4 back but lost 2 of it back while gaining muscle

If you're a beginner, just eat at maintenance and work out. By the time you can't improve your lifts because of diet you'll be much leaner.

>do water fast
>after you end it
you only lost water fag
and you could have died
are you retarded?

>you only lost water fag
bad bait attempt

I specifically said I'm not interested in drastic life-style changes and you suggest water fasting.

good luck then buddy

Nigger you have no idea what you're doing. That plan is ABSOLUTELY retarded.

Wouldn't my method, that skews caloric intake in favour of training days, be more conducive to muscle gain though?

I see, very informative.

Overall, I'd be eating at a deficit, yes, while still making sure I get enough calories and protein to recover from my workout and rebuild my muscles in the 48 hours following training.
I jog twice a week for cardiovascular health.

Doesn't work like that. You cannot build muscle and lose fat at the same time, especially not in your stipulated time frame. Muscles don't build in just 48 hours and it sure as hell won't stop growing after your 48 hour surplus "recovery". Figure out what you want more, bringing your bf down or building size.

This is bait or I'd reply

What about the common argument that brosplits only work for roiders because drugs allow them to keep rebuilding their muscles for a full week after hitting them, whereas for natural lifters most of the recovery takes place within the first 48 hours? Was that a myth?

It isn't. Go on.

Anything will work on a beginner, but you will plateau hard pretty soon.

>Change your whole eating routine, learn how to cook healthy meals and count calories.
>Bring BF down to where you want it.
>Bulk as clean as you can.
>The cleaner and slower you bulk, the better you will look and the easier if will be to repeat first point.

Or just eat like a pig and be forever in limbo.

Okay, maybe in other words
In what period of time do you want to lose this 4% of body fat
4-6 months? A year?

Where did I ever say I was eating like a pig? I actually have a rather healthy diet, with barely any junk food or sugar, rich in fruit & veg, the whole thing. I just like the idea of getting something other than fat loss out of my workouts. If my weekly average is at a deficit, I will slowly lose weight, that's a given. So why not build a little muscle along the way?

3 months or so

That is broscience. Roids allow your muscles to recover quicker, so as long as you eat more you can grow bigger in a shorter period of time. Where did you get this magic 48 number from? You cannot expect you only eat in a surplus for only 48 hours and expect to get bigger. Muscle building is a long process. Many aren't successful because a) they don't understand it, and/or b) they give up because they aren't seeing results after doing 4 workouts in 2 weeks.

1 workout per week is nowhere near enough to see any kind of muscle gains. Unless you want to hop on roids, your plan is doomed to fail.

48h might not be enough, okay, but surely it will yield some muscle growth? I can even make it 3 days surplus and 4 days deficit, not set in stone.

Bulk?
user, your normal eating patterns have already bulked you up.
You really only need to start working out now.

look into Stronglifts 5x5. its full-body 3 times a week program

He will get gains since he's a beginner

A very negligible amount. None that you will see in the mirror anyway, especially with only 1 workout per week. Any gain, however small, will be neutralized by your caloric deficit the later part of the week. Your muscles need calories to grow. Your plan won't work. You need to either: cut then bulk OR bulk then cut.

intermitent fasting is pretty effective for you, also workout more, strength training also burns a lot of calories, just make sure you're always doing your best at the gym

>consistent results without requiring drastic life-style changes.

I can absolutely guarantee that changing very little about your approach to diet and exercise will lead to consistent results.

>strength training also burns a lot of calories
No, it litterally doesn't.
Circuit training, then highrep bodybuilding which will build similar strength over a longer period, burns far more calories. Hell walking will burn more calories then strength training.

Not gonna happen if you're not working out at least 5 times a week. And I'm speaking as a guy who has gone from 19,7% to 8,8% in 8 months

your plan is super stupid. if you eat at a caloric surplus some days and at a deficit the rest you will stay the same. that's why it won't work.

if you are a begginner do a small deficit every day (-250 calories), train at least three days (plus some hiit cardio on the rest) and have a high protein diet. you can get "newbie gains".

Here's an idea: do this for three months and then report your findings