Zero calorie sodas / flavored water

What's the catch?

just drink water

Most sweeteners cause cancer or they're estrogenic or they kill your gut bacteria, etc.

Artificial sweeteners
Waste of money
Keeps the soda industry alive
Just drink water

Aspartame drops your blood sugar and makes you even hungrier than you were before.

When scientists need diabetic mice to perform experiments on they feed the mice aspartame to make them constantly hungry and become obese.

>cause cancer
Wrong
>estrogenic
So?
>kill your gut bacteria
Where the fuck are you getting this from?

These are some of the conjectured reasons why diet sodas don't usually have the weight-loss effect that people expect:

1) The sweet taste makes anything not sweet taste bland so you end up eating other sweet (non diet) things.
2) The artificial sweetener affects your gut microbiota, which could potentially affect what types of food you crave/how you metabolize.

We don't really know for sure. Just drink water you'll get used to it after 2 weeks and won't look back. The hardest part is the transition period.

Veeky Forums shits on these because for some reason it offends them when fat people order a diet coke on top of their cauldron of hamburgers.

( meanwhile "sips" are totally ok )

Just drink it if you like the taste and if it weens you off the sugary stuff but try to drink water as well.

t. Big Sweetener

Damages your stomach, that's for sure, the rest I don't know

The fuck are you on about? The main complaints about it are pretty much what said. Yeah, there is the stereotype that you never see a thin person drinking a diet soda and all, but that's just fph.

>>Estrogenic
>So
Do you want to be a woman user?

sips is a meme retard

Completely inane reasons without any evidence worth taking seriously. Meanwhile Veeky Forums happily downs fucking insecticide.

I drink water all day; love water. Honestly probably drink 1.5 gallons or so per day if I had to guess. Will one coke zero with my dinner every night significantly effect my cut? So far down 10 lbs in 2 weeks, 4 days.

>"What would you like to drink?"
>'Coke, please!"
>"And for you, sir?"
>Uh, water, please.
>"One Coke and one water, coming right up."
>'user, what's the matter? Am I going to have to pay for our lunch?'

Shut up cunt

Fuck you, you stupid bitch

Just drink carbonated water.

yeah, mum said I cannot have any pocket money this week because I had 3 bad boy strikes over not making my bed

Your body will expect sugar after the sweetness and just make you hungry for more after being disappointed that he can´t use the one contained in zero calories stuff.
Its like drinking salt water because you´re thirsty.

Salt water is actually good for you since it makes you retain water

Sips are fine if they have no artificial sweeteners.

Artificial sweeteners have the same effect on your gut microbia that sugar does. Avoid them at all cost. Stevia doesnt show these symptoms but it is much newer and not studied as much as aspartame

Some artificial sweeteners still cause a Glycemic reaction/insulin spike, thus defeating the purpose.

And they might cause cancer. But then again, so can just about anything else these days.

Also, for me personally, I find that if I overdo it on artificial sweeteners, it gives me diarrhea.

source on estrogenic claim

>All of these unsubstantiated claims
Can a single one of you provide a single source to back up what you're saying?

I don't know about the physical aspects of it, but I can attest to the mental problems sugar/calorie free soda will give you. It will let your brain think it's OK to indulge in something that isn't good for it. Just because your body knows there are no calories, your mind still gives you the endorphins. It will stop you from improving yourself in other ways.

tpbp

I stopped buying coke zero 6 months ago. Only been drinking water. I haven't notice any difference in body-composition or hunger levels or skin health.

.....I don't get it? Is she saying you are cheap?

the true path to enlightenment

They are fine with meals, but not good as a kind of snack to keep your mouth occupied outside of meal times because artificial sweeteners trigger an insulin response which brings your body out of a fasted state which it naturally should be in outside of meal time. This is especially important if you want to lose fat, you need to keep your insulin down as much as you can.

Just KYS

Honestly I was able to cut 80% of my diet soda consumption with sparking water

There's nothing more satisfying than being on a date and having her order regular sweetened soda and order mineral water after her. She'll almost regret it immediately, assuming that you would order the same. I like to have her catch that "look from to side back to her" glance like I'm judging but I'm not.

Then, when the soda arrives, she'll change her mind and just ask for ice water. At this point, you ask something along the lines of "what looks good on the menu" and she'll say one of the salads with a sigh and I'll say I'm getting the most calorie dense item on the menu (fatty burger + mac and cheese, whatever) and say that sounds good. She'll agree and internally change her order.

The waitress comes back with her ice water and asks if we've decided on an entree. She ups her ante to something like a pasta dish from the salad previously and I'll get a turkey burger sans bun or something fish with whatever fatty additions removed (dressing, etc.) and substitute a salad.

Then split the check.

0 cals bc your body doesnt digest the substitute sweeteners etc so no energy. or something between those lines

>then split the check

This wasn't funny until that line.
Fuck you.

Me too and I was absolutely addicted to soda for bout 20 years. Turns out it’s mostly the cold + carbonation that I’m addicted to

Sugar alcohols fuck up your gi tract.

2/10 didn't use a pic of TayTay.

Drink water with unnecessary carbonic acid in it that makes it taste worse and harder to drink

>This but in greentext