Is buddhism the most Veeky Forums Religion?

Is buddhism the most Veeky Forums Religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gT3E8frLYwA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know

>vegetarian
>pacifist
>not obsessed with sex
>fat guy is their role model

Buddhism is the opposite of Veeky Forums. You are all deluded and miserable.

reminder big legs look stupid

How about Greek pagan religion? It's also Veeky Forums and philosophical (Plato, Plotinus etc.).

war says otherwise.

The fat guy isn't the real Buddha, it is a chinese monk also known as the laughing Buddha

For some spiritual gains, maybe.

memes aside, the fat guy was a chink zen monk, not a Buddhist

Ancient stoicism had a lot of similarities to buddhist belief

>“The ultimate goal of the Stoic was apatheia, or peace of mind, which I think is akin to both the Epicurean ideal of ataraxia and the Buddhist goal of nirvana…”
anyways stoicism is not pagan, it's monotheistic

No, pagan is

Stoicism is flawed on its fundament but it has a lot of good practical advices nevertheless.

Traditional Catholicism

Stoicism is flawed on its practical advices but it has a lot of good fundaments nevertheless.

>laughing buddha is not the real buddha
You do know there's many version of Buddhism right? Just like in Christianity.

so? that doesn't make calvinism the same as catholicism

Cynicism is the philosophy of the Veeky Forums man.
>Fitness is a requirement
>You're not allowed to give a fuck
>Do autistic exercises like running barefoot in the winter
>Disregard women
>Acquire happiness
And it's easy in the budget.

Cynicism is similar to Buddhism in its philosophy.

He’s not the same as Gautama in any of them. He’s a historical sage whom many believe to be an incarnation/precursor of the future final boss Buddha.

Why is it flawed? It seems a lot more reasonable than most philosophies

/thread

What exactly do is your knowledge about other philosophies that extends your average wikipedia article?

Sorry but I don't waste majority of my time and money pursuing a philosophy major

It's practically reasonable, that is that its system of ethics is almost without match in any other world philosophy (that I'm aware of, at least).

But it isn't philosophically reasonable; meaning that several of its most basic principles are based on faith rather than logic. E.g. "Pleasure and pain are both neutral, indifferent." While this is a very good idea to keep in mind as you live, the logical basis of the idea is that since the reasoning Universal Nature (which cannot be proven) created both, and since Universal Nature is in no way malignant (even assuming the existence of Universal Nature, this also cannot be proven) there would exist no malignancy, put differently, there would be no evil, in the world.

Even so this only holds true if you use the very narrow Stoic definition of evil.

None of this means the philosophy is bad in its purpose, though. It's still probably the single best philosophy to adopt for someone interested in living happily. Every one of its doctrines, when accepted, will bring benefit.
But its root principles are a matter of faith.

stoicism isnt a religion
its not really a philosophy, but a principle of not giving a shit and being a moral person, your beliefs and views are really up to you, there are differences in those between the stoics as well

Islam
>No drinking
>Forbids indulgence and overeating
>Fasting

It's supposed to represent the peace and being content inside as a Buddhist.

more like

>hates women

The Cult of the Body is the fittest religion. This whole board is dedicated to it.

Fuck off, Achmend.

Cynicism is superior to buddhism because it's a philosophy not a religion. And yes Buddhism is a religion.

>can beat women
absolutely based religion

Buddha was an actual historical figure. He may have been fat before becoming an ascetic but definitely wasn't after he gained the title of Buddha.

Stoicism is degeneration, an empty meme religion "way of life" for dissillusioned paganists.

The homeric heroic values of ancient greece and the athletic and aesthetic ideal of classical Greece are the most Veeky Forums

idk but meditation is really good stuff

Wow, Achilles sure had a small penis.

>Not accepting the religion that is entirely about the voluntary acceptance of suffering as the means of transformation into something greater than you currently are
>ever making it.

There is only one right answer, and it is Jesus Christ.

Except they preach one thing and do the opposite like all the other Abrahamic religions. Spend several months in any Muslim country and you'll see they are nothing but a bunch of degenerates pretending they aren't.

How ironic you use the atheist fedora for a Christian reference

this

>Leaving humanity behind

Nice 2015 post. Thanks for the memories.

Veeky Forums is a Christian board sorry Buddha

Christianity ought to be, what with its sacred attitude toward the human body and how you ought to keep it in good condition so as to do God’s good and holy work on this Earth.
Unfortunately most of us here in America are fat and happy about it.

Zen Buddhism

most Veeky Forums are.

>Buddha was an actual historical figure. He may have been fat before becoming an ascetic but definitely wasn't after he gained the title of Buddha.

hi, I'm an actual buddhist and you are retarded
I never said I was a _good_ buddhist

>do not conform to the patterns of this world
>instead, be transformed by the renewal of your mind in Christ Jesus
Brainlets btfo

Taoism is pretty high test.

tip more, fagdora atheist

>2017
>not following the middle whey

Buakaw was only a monk for eleven days though.

youtu.be/gT3E8frLYwA
ONE
TRUE
ANSWER

this

>pope_kissing_negro_feet.jpg

So you can't answer his question and want to tip your smarty pants fedora. Go back to /littdit/

Buddhism is about ridding yourself of Earthly desires. Fitness is all about focusing on self improvement and nothing else. You can't be selfless and selfish at the same time.
Islam is the most Veeky Forums religion.

stoicism is pagan. paganism can be monotheistic or polytheistic.

Then why are you posting a Sikh? They spent several hundred years BTFOing manlet Arab invaders, they're way more Veeky Forums than Muzzies.

>Islam
t. American

this dude's a brainlet

That’s a Sikh, and their religion involves being battle-ready to defend innocents of any religion. They are the iron pills of the spiritual world.

its a wide angle lens, his shoulder/arm are right at the edge so theyre stretched to all fuck, and the guy behind him's arm is lined up just like a huge lat would be so it looks like a lat until you realize its an arm

chris evans preaching now?

That Chink is not big at all though. It's all camera angle, the left arm looks typically Asian.

The current pope is illegitimate and does not represent catholics

>the real Buddha
there are 29 named Buddhas

If there is no legitimate Pope there there are no legitimate Catholics.

I would ask him if he needs help with that, but I would probably be hurt by them.

T. Muslim

Nah; the true cynics were unhealthy poor faggots who were a burden on society more akin to homeless NEETS who spout that their intelligence showed that the world was flawed and thus shouldn't be taken seriously

posers of cynicism couldnt commit to true cycnicm because only a mentally insane person could find it comfortable thus spouted bullshit about enjoying life by not being put down by the pressures of life, hypocritical assholes akin to hippies of the 70's, NEETs who have 10k followers on insta and losers

if you think being Veeky Forums is about not caring about yourself not trying to reach goals, and not contributing to society to make your life and other lives better then yeah i guess you should become a cynic.

>Buddhism is the opposite of Veeky Forums.
They are not pacifist, they just a have a strong preference foor cooperation and freedom over conflict and oppression.

Also, buddhist is quite comfortable with sex and the monks are actually fit. So you are right about them being the opposite of the DYELs populating this board.

Russell Brand had a guy on his podcast who was a buddhist monk for 10 years, and that guy said he didn't have time to workout at all. He must have just been a lazy bastard like all the other normies

fuck off heretic shit

Explain how it's possible if the hierarchy is destroyed? You're basically just protestants now.

What are some good resorses for understanding philosophy? A lot of what you said went over my head and is like to rectify that.
Also what do you think is the most important thing an adult male should learn.

>is
I'd

I don't know about most Veeky Forums, but most chad religion seems to be Islam.

Virgin Christian:
If get slapped, turn the other cheek.
We are all the children of Jesus Christ.
Can have only one wife.
Mediocre metabolism and lo-test due to shitty diet (pork fat and alcohol)
Low birthrate because of estrogen.
Getting cucked by Muslim invaders since 7th century.
If die in battle, go to heaven and play harp.

Chad Islam:
Death to infidels!
Infidels shall perish by the sword!
Can have many wives.
High testosterone levels and god-tier metabolsim through fasting, no alcohol and lean meats.
Highest birthrates thanks to high sex drive.
Invading Europe since the 7th century.
If die during jihad, fuck 72 virgins in heaven.

You don't know what you're talking about. Either muslim shill or dumb.

doesn't know ancient buddhist proverb
>strike buddha thrice and awaken his eternal fury

Butthurt Christian detected.

Virgin Christian:
Has to be tolerant towards LGBT.
Must wear clothes.
Works his ass of to pay taxes.

Chad Islam:
Throws fagots from towers.
Walks around in pajamas and flip flops. No fucks given.
Lives of social welfare payed by the Christian.

I had this discussion only yesterday.

The Bible is arguably the greatest work of philosophy, and inarguably the foundation of the majority of Western philosophy today.

>an inbred 80IQ shitskin creed being better than the dumbest european creed
W E W

its a pretty accurate assessment of modern day "christians" in the west desu.
they have abandoned or outright inverted most of the laws of their religion, and rejected the basics of their fath that they previously had held sacred for thousands of years.
these modern day "christian" frauds would have been considered heretics and deviants by proper christians just 100 years ago.

So? Al forms of Christianity have Jesus.

You can combine Buddhism with Hinduism (which is basically Indian Paganism)

hinduism is the most retarded religion to ever exist
the only reason it's not laughed at constantly is because brown people believe the nonsense

>"There is no woman more fair-assed than I, nor better lubricated, nor more counterthrusting, nor a better thigh spreader." (Rigveda 10.86.6)

Have you read the Vedas?
The Bible is shit compared to the Vedas.

wtf i love hinduism now

You can still do self improvement and be a Buddhist, read more.

Be gone Satan

Start with the greeks

>rigveda
>hindusim
tsk tsk
vedic religion =/= hinduism

>The Rigveda (Sanskrit: ऋग्वेद ṛgveda, from ṛc "praise, shine"[1] and veda "knowledge") is an ancient Indian collection of Vedic Sanskrit hymns. It is one of the four canonical sacred texts (śruti) of Hinduism known as the Vedas.[2][3]
should i believe a random user or a random wikipedia editor?