Is it safe or dumb to do over 440lbs deadlifts without belt...

Is it safe or dumb to do over 440lbs deadlifts without belt? I feel like the belt just messes up my concentration on the right form.

Bonus question: how many reps do you guys tend to do with 440-500lbs weights?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vX04g9X-MAQ
youtu.be/1hNVuYbatKg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=vX04g9X-MAQ

What a horrible form, what else do you try to convey?

Rip supermong

A LIVING NIGHTMARE

FROM THE CRADLE

TO THE GRAAAAAAAAAAAAVE

Does Veeky Forums actually even lift or is this another meme board?

loosen the belt if it interferes with setup

if you still don't like it and think it interferes with your setup, drop it

If you're able to do it with good form, do it. If you can't, then don't.

Then lifting without a belt isn't for you.

>Veeky Forums
>people who actually lift and dont spam autistic, gay, or some combination of both on a chinese ukulele trading forum
Pick 1

I’ve hit some really good singles of 500 without a belt, stopped using one after I relied too much on it and fucked my hammy and back up. Would recommend, just keep good form

youtu.be/1hNVuYbatKg

No it's totally fine. One of the greatest deadlifters of all time, Yuri Belkin, pulls beltless

Lifting heavy shit does not require much, but I suppose this aligns pretty well with the the rest of the boards.

>this
Form is everything, if your form is shit you'll bulge a disk on lmao90lb weighted situps like me.
Take care of your spine user, it takes a long time to heal.

Right, I try to do 3 reps just before my maximum, been working good so far.

Do you guys do a lot of cardio besides lifting heavyer than most bodybuilders? What kind and how often? Any other physical hobbies outside of gym?

As someone who actually lifts, I can tell you it starts to get sketchy doing no belt shit at above 4pl8 imo. I think it is relative though to your personal core strength level. If you have massive legs but no spinal erectors/traps/lumbar strength you definitely want to use a belt to keep yourself from bending yoo wildly. Also even if you are strong the extra intra abdominal pressure you can generate while wearing a belt is always going to be useful for exceeding your non belt limits. So generally I warm up with no belt to 4 pl8, then put the belt on for 4pl8 plus.

I do cardio 3x a week but I'm a weak babby compared to anyone focused on strength and a slow babby compared to anyone focused on running
>165lbs BW
>265 Bench
>355 Squat
>485 Dead
>17:30 5k

Just running or other kind of exercise? Thinking about trying indoors climbing, looks fun.

Damn nice stats btw.

It's all individual. You should do a good portion of your training beltless, you should occasionally go heavy beltless as well.

t. 500lb beltless deficit deadlift

that's not bad, just depends how long you've been lifting. if those are your stats after 12 months that's pretty normal.