Get bored of home gym

>get bored of home gym
>decide to look for local gyms
>all memberships are minimum $20/week

What the fuck? you guys actually spend $1000+ per year on gym memberships?

I'm in Ausfag, but I didn't know it was that expensive. I spent around $5000 on my equipment at gym (full power rack, bench, barbell 300kg plates, 10kg - 50kg pairs of DBs) and I thought that was a lot.....turns out it actually wasn't that much. Ive already had home gym for 3 years so its almost paid itself off already according to these fucking membership costs in Australia, fuck sake. Now Im suddenly not so bored of lifting at home, fuck lifting at a gym paying that much per year.

Other urls found in this thread:

gymandfitness.com.au
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigger where the fuck do you live

I've been to 3 different Brisbane gyms in the past 2 years and not one of them was over $20 a week.

Melbourne :(

Dont forget the cost in time and fuel it takes to actually go to and from gyms if you drive.

Yeah I forgot bout that. I guess Id be washing more clothes as well, so more electricity/water usage as well.

And my brother does come over to lift in my home gym 5+ times a week and I often have friends lifting here when theyre around.

I guess thats something you cant do at a normie gym

Zap fitness is like $22 a fortnight if you have it in your state fellow aus bro

I pay $6.99 per week at Derrimuts

No derrimutts near me.
No zap fitness near me.

home gym is my dream, why would you ever get bored of it?

>$20 a week
the fuck cunt
I live in Brisbane and the only ones over $20 are Goodlife
My one is only 30 a month

Where the fuck do you live? Malmsbury or some shit?

>melbourne
Too much soy drives the need for a gym waaay down, hence the costly membership.

I live out in Ipswich and go to a jetts for 12 a week.

$5000 is a lot of gym equipment, you could get equipped for a lot less if you look around/get used shit. You could do sub $2000, potentially by a lot.

The average gym membership for about a year is close to that, I live in Melbourne as well. It's a complete fucking rort. Even as a beginner its borderline worth buying gym equipment if you have the space, if you quit later down the line you can still sell it and it will be cheaper.

>hurr gyms are cheap in hickville

It cost me $1100 AUD for a decent home gym

Gyms in Melbourne probably have rent that costs them 5x as much as it does in Brisbane.

>being this poor
I actually feel bad for you.

>own a home in Melbourne near cbd
>have $5000 home-gym

Im not poor, i just don't see the value in renting gym equipment for $1000/year.

I was thinking of investing in a home gym. What brand did you buy? Is Rogue worth the extra money or should I go with the cheaper off-brand stuff? Should I use iron, rubber, or bumper plates? Just general advice pls

Where the fuck did you buy your stuff? I've looked around and the the bare necessities (200kg plates, oly barbell, squat stands and bench) never runs less than $2000 unless I get shitty stuff that has a weight rating of 120kg

Mines all rogue stuff.

Rogue rack, rogue powerbar, rogue iron plates (1 set of bumpers), and a bunch of the rogue hex dbs.

Hence why it cost me so much.

If I went with generic brand stuff I'd have probably saved 1-2k. The rogue stuff is very thicc. My old man helped me put it together, he is a tradesmen, he was very impressed by the welding/bolts that rogue use.

How many months in a year do you think there are?

my gym is 25 bucks a week lol

Stop living in Melbourne then

Move to Brisbane faggot
For $18 a week my gym has:
>4 olympic lifting platforms , 2 smith machines
>2 full ranges of dumbells
>A fuck ton of machines
>A fucking altitude room
>A big dance hall thing for cardio bunnies to do meme exercises in
>A room for spin classes
>2 saunas and a hydro massage bed thing

euro/ausfags have ridiculous prices, my gym is 10$ a month and I shower there everyday for free.

Also I made a homegym for 500$ by buying used stuff so I can homegym when im tol lazy to leave my house.

I'm fortunate that my workplace has a free gym. The most underrated perk by far since hardly anyone goes.

what gym and where

ahahahahaaahahahahahaha

>my gym is 10$ a month and I shower there everyday for free

Please don't tell me you're talking about Planet Fitness

do we even have planet fitness in australia?

Depends. 20$ a week is expensive. Right now I pay ~ 40€ a month. We have a gym line in Germany which is 20€/month. If you want to work out with lowlifes an never do benchpress because they are constantly hogging it, you can go there

Zyzz died for preventing Planet Fitness to get a foothold in straya

400 here. They moved everyone to some weekly plan that costs more but the staff at my gym keep me on their legacy yearly plan which costs less.

Feels alright. I could have saved up for a home gym by now but hot showers are alright.

Snap Fitness Buranda

>doesn't have a hot shower at home

you'll probably go a bit out of the city to find a decently priced gym, i'm near geelong and pay $25/month

gymandfitness.com.au

$17 a week, got about 6 racks for a pretty small gym and an EP who's helped a lot. Could've gone with one that is $11 a week but it's a shithole with 1 rack.

Seriously thinking about a home gym now that I have the space. how much would just a rack, bench and barbell/plates be?

It depends what brand you go with

Generic rack, generic barbell, generic plates = Prob cost you about $1-2k.

High end brand stuff, 3k+

The high end brands aren't a meme in this case, the quality of rogue builds are fucking mint, where as the generic brands are almost always sus china shit.

$10/week at lifetime fitness, for everything I could ever possibly need and much more

Tasmania here.

Shit's fucked down here as well.

Melbourne prices with Sydney style asians and local depressed economy.

Also fuck UniGym.

Who's that Campbell lid. Some raaoc ranger no doubt.

I helped my local gym owner set up when he first moved in to town. My membership is free until may, and there’s a good chance it will be extended after that.
Also, home gyms are nice, but most people just won’t work out at home. Paying a monthly membership and leaving the house to work out are great motivators to keep up a routine.

How is having to go outside a great motivator? If I had a comfy homegym I would train more often because packing shit going out and going back takes a lot of time

because you payed for it

Jesus Christ. Let’s break out the math for this asshole.
>estimated minimum of 20 dollars a week
>this equals a minimum of 80 dollars a month
>12 months in a year
>12*80 = 960.
If the estimated minimum amount is 960 a year, then it makes sense to assume that most people are paying more, since not everyone is going to be paying for bottom tier memberships, hence 1000+ dollars a month.
>tl;dr there are 12 months in a year and you are shittarded.

You also paid for your homegym...

he died for our sins

>snap
kek

the gym where i go to in croydon is connected to a pool and a sauna and its only $15 a week, where you at?

with a gym membership you paid for 'time' to use the equipment that motivates some people
[spoiler]I have a comfy homegym its pretty good[/spoiler]

>paying rent to lift

lol no wonder you guys own nothing in your life

>renting house
>renting car
>renting gym

fucking how about you save up and buy something for once you impatient fucks

the way youse a going now youll end up with nothing

You pay a monthly membership for your home gym? A membership that can not be returned or resold?
Fuck, it sounds like you’re being ignorant just for shits and giggles.

This is projection.

Nigger please. I’m not going to buy a plane just so I can air travel. I bought a home and a couple of cars. I’m not dedicating an entire room or floor of my house for all the equipment I want/ need. I get that it’s a hobby for some though. I really do.

LOL HE PROBABLY RENTS HIS PROTEIN POWDER

Gym in my area is $65 a month. Found a deal for 5-85lb 2 of each used hex dumbbells for $925. Should I get them, Veeky Forums?

I'm a Canadian living in Adelaide Australia. If you have friends that lift and you go to the YMCA gym you can go on a family plan with 2 or more people. Only costs $26 a fortnight

No

Not a bad deal for the dumbbells, but you could just buy a pair of adjustable dumbbell handles and some plates to go on them (google it). Way more space/money efficient IMO.

>f you have friends that lift and you go to the YMCA gym you can go on a family plan with 2 or more people. Only costs $26 a fortnight
And marry your bro as well, it's legal now.

>Aquahub pleb

Aquanation masterrace here

fuck going all the way to ringwood, its still better than the fitgym in mount evelyn i used to go to

Mine wasaround 5k also. No dumbells but good power bar and 350kg calibrated weights.

I get it but it's a shit reason which is why I am saying that. It objectively makes no sense.

Go dohertys cunt

Fucking auscam, why does it look so ridiculous?

tachticle

Dont forget you're paying with space, imagine what you'd save in rent if u moved to an apartment with 1 less room

Anyone got any decent gyms on the Gold Coast? Southport Sharks is the closest to me and it's fucking trash

i love in rural nsw and pay 220 / 3 months ://

Apparently they are. But please, tell us about how living in a Libshit metropolis with ungodly high prices for everything is superior.

>tfw shithole
>tfw $10 a month
>tfw populated by 3 people

when did jeff cavaliere join the military?

I'm an Ausfag.

For a gym, swimming pool, sauna, spa and classes I pay just under 60 a month.