Mewing - Changes after 2 months

I've been mewing for about 2 months now. Just now, I compared my right side profile pic I took on January 14 to the one I took today. I made the angle as similar as possible and used photoshop to overlap the two images. I've observed the following changes :
- Distance between eyebrows and eyes is lesser
- Face definitely grew more forward
- Chin grew more forward, but upper jaw did too so it still looks recessed
- Lips are more protuding, especially the upper lip
- More defined vermilion border on upper lip
- Facial symmetry improved, particularly the nose
- Nose became less sharper
- Cheekbones became a tiny bit more visible on the sides

Also, I've been chewing regular gum along with mewing everyday.

Other urls found in this thread:

honorfranklin.com/myofunctional-gallery.html
the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/
jawpain-tmjtreatment.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Btw I'm 19 so can't really confirm changes for adults.

would chewing a teether like kids having their first teeth help?

its surprising how easily my jaw adapted to the changed position, only focused on mewing for 4-5 days, haven't really thought about it in a few months but every time it comes to mind my jaw always has good posture

Just chew gum, it doesn't even have to be hard gum. I chew regular gum for 2 hours everyday till the point it starts to hurt my cheekbones.

Didn't take me long too. I was a nose breather anyways, just needed to put the tongue on the palate.

problem with gum is that it has cals
I'm fasting and I want something completely free of anything

Can you give me tl;dr on mewing and how to do it?

Dude, use Mastika gum then, natural and you can add any flavour.

So keeping your lips closed, your teeth together which squeezes your tongue to the roof of your mouth? Think I've been always doing this.

I chew gum and celery and carrots every day.

The Mew family claim is that "mewing" is the natural most healthy jaw position, and that the primary cause of people having hanging jaws is not being breastfed among other things, I think they said that not being breastfed means a baby never learns to properly suck, and there Is some relationship between sucking technique (namely:passively swallowing saliva throughout the day methinks) and jaw resting position

The roof of my mouth keeps going extremely dry always. Am i sucking too much while keeping tongue kn roof of mouth?

which side do I chew on when one cheek is fatter?

why do ppl listen to this guy? he looks like shit

Drink more water

lmao yer gay

Chew on the flatter side

xdxd so gay

Yeah but then it becomes pissening

>mewing
??????

So I've been keeping my tongue in the right position for a few months now. Definitely breathing easier so there's been some progress with that. I've also been chewing mastic gum for a couple hours a day, this actually expanded my palette to the point where I can fit my tongue on the roof of my mouth. I feel that chewing hard gum is important if you have trouble fitting your tongue on the roof of your mouth.
That being said, I haven't really noticed any changes physically. Sometimes after I chew I can feel tenderness in my cheekbones, but that's about it. Should I be constantly applying pressure to the roof of my mouth with my tongue? like actively pushing up? Or is correct placement + normal swallowing enough to enact some kind of change? Thanks

how do i into mewing.
for two years ever since Veeky Forums told me about it i'm flexing my jaw and shit, but i kinda did that anyway. dont really see a big change, except in my masseter muslce which inserts on the side of my skull, making me look like a bit of an ayy lmao but that's not so bad. tho i dunno how to mew properly

keeping it up is slower than pushing up but will yield same results. Probably like 2 years vs 3 months passive vs active pushing. Dont push too much as you will feel pain like in braces from your skeleton adjusting. I can already see a difference from 3 weeks but I do it daily around 1-2 hours and I did have some pain around teeth and discomfort around nose in the beginning.

post it then.

Newfag pls leave

How long/often do you push against the palette?

probably 30-40 minutes a day, depends really, as much as I remember during the day, sometimes as much as ~2 hours. really hard at first but tongue and jaw gets used to it fast ~1 week

Post the pics you stupid faggot

This is why no one believes in this meme cause you faggots never post progress pics

why is a less sharp nose a good thing?

also post face

how do you add flavor to it?

>I took pictures that prove mewing works
>But I won't post them
Why are you guys still falling for this?

ive done this for about a month and i feel i already have less allergies and can breath better. however im 22 and i feel since im about done growing its gonna take a while if ever at all for me to see an improvement on my recessed lower jaw

It works guys

This Dr calls it Myofunctional therapy but it is essentially mewing without the chewing gum part.

Her results speak for themselves.

I’m talking about posting your own pics. Everyone knows testimonials supplied by the website are bullshit

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, with the tongue supporting the jaw.

New to Veeky Forums, wtf is mewing?

What's the point in posting pics? All you haters do is deny changes and blame it on angles and lighting. Also I don't want my pics on the internet.
Why don't you try it for a few months and see for yourself? It's not even much effort. Just 3-4 days of incorporating correct oral posture and then it becomes second nature.

It's not a good thing. But it's one of the things I observed.

It's proper oral posture that ensures correct growth. Search up Mike Mew's presentation "Growing your face" on YouTube. Basically it is keeping your lips together, teeth together and your entire tongue on the roof of your mouth. The logic behind this is explained in that presentation.

That jaw tho
MAYBE if he had a full head of hair and got rid of his spectacles he'd look like a model

Keep your lips touching, teeth touching or slightly apart, and your tongue on the palate throughout the day.

Proper tongue posture :
Your tongue should cover the entire roof ahead of the hard palate, with the tip resting at the gummy part behind the top front teeth.

Did you even look at the gallery I linked?
Are you saying it's all photoshop or something?

Her eyes literally are more apart in the after photo.
They used a different lens in the photo, making the face look wider on the outer parts, which improves jawline.

You people are fucking stupid for falling for this lookism retarded shit.
It's all genetics, upbringing and diet.
Some retarded exercises meant for mouth breathing children won't have any impact in even in your late teens

I have a fine chin but apparently bad developed jaw, i can put my jaw out and it's fine looking. But the problem is in teeth, when I put my lower jaw out there are a gap between upper and lower teeth about 0,5-0,7 cm. Pic related.
Can it be fixed with braces?

>not knowing that anything under 40 cals doesn't break fast

enjoy no coffee and no gum

What was the logic behind this post?

One REAL benefit to mewing is that it helps against double chin. Look yourself in the mirror with your tongue relaxed on the floor of your mouth, and look at the blubber beneath your chin. Then try mewing hard, and you'll see that the blubber tightens upward and stops looking so blubbery.
Not sure if it has any permanent effects, like the tongue muscle getting stronger so it automatically reduces double chin in a similar fashion, but I'd say it's worth it just for this.

So it helps genetic deadends and fat fucks but not people who actually have a healthy lifestyle.
Good to know, the guy is a hack and this mew shit is worthless then.

Did you try it before you claimed that it doesn't work on late teens? Because I did and it worked for me, and I'm 19

Mewing is primarily used to fix teeth problems in children, i.e. overbite, underbite, crowded teeth, etc. So in theory, it should fix your underbite. But I don't know man, you'll have to try and see for yourself. Give it 4-6 months. When you keep teeth together, the top front teeth should rest ahead of bottom front teeth.

True that

worked for me and I am 23

Do you keep your ENTIRE tongue on your palate? Or just the tip? If you do, then you probably have an attractive face already. Not necessarily model looks, but the best version of yourself.

I literally have a misaligned jaw that dislocates easily and crowded lower teeth and overall small jaw and an overbite and my tongue has always been in contact with the ceiling of my mouth since I was a child.

Worked for me and I'm 36

Err, no.
I am slender, typical gym twink, not skinnyfat, but I still have the double chin blubber if I don't keep my tongue in posture. Double chin is caused by weak tongue posture or weak tongue muscles, that's why straining them helps (not sure if it's ONLY while mewing or if it actually has some long term positive effects on double chin, but it's worth it to make it a habit just so you can look slightly better when just walking down the street, not having a slight double chin all the time cause you aren't using correct tongue posture)

does someone actually have a proper picture of that shit? I'm not 100% sure how to position my tongue and whether my teeth should touch or not

Post it here mayne we need more people sharing results in a place that doesn't 404 after 24 hours.

the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/

Anytime anyone has ever posted a pic everyone says shit about lighting, head angle, and bodyfat despite clear changes in the bone. All the best pictures out there of the before and afters get the same treatment. It takes months of mewing to move bone a few mm

wtf is facepulling?

i cant find any actual guide

jawpain-tmjtreatment.com/

I know it looks silly, but it's the same thing as reverse pull headgear. Except a dentist will charge you 10 thousand dollars for it

>jawpain-tmjtreatment.com/

is there a way do this without wearing a wallace and gromit head device

I dunno the technique actually works in long term, but just changing the posture in my jaw pushes my chin outwards and defines my jawline. It looks 200% better in profile. I just can't sleep like that because I have such bad allergies my sinuses are constantly fucked.

Look at forehead angle. She's raising her head more.

Faking an underbite does the exact same thing.

Impressive maxilla growth. Was this without surgery?

You know that big hard bump towards the back of the roof of your mouth? And the soft bump behind your top front teeth? Your tongue should be covering the entire part between those two bumps, with the tip resting on the soft bump behind the teeth.

should the whole tongue push on the palate or just the tip?

I forgot to add that if that's the whole tongue I can't do it and therefore might have a bigger problem than I thought

kek please tell me you don't do this.

Yeah just hold it with your hands or attach it to something else
You're immature

>what could possibly go wrong

Brainlets don't understand that moving the upper jaw moves all the bones of the skull. You're looking for change in specific bones and then thinking that other bones changing is somehow fraudulent

The forehead is the frontal bone. It rotates as the maxilla and zygos move forward. Bones are connected together m8 they don't just move one part at time.

>Rubber Bands
>Attached to palate and teeth
>Attached to headgear

It's the same fucking thing. If you're so much of a coward that you won't feel right doing it without paying 10 grand, go to a dentist and he'll charge you for your comfort. If you're not bitch made, you do it yourself

Worked for me and I'm 57

there's a difference between going to an orthodontist and DIY with a hockey mask, that should answer your question brainlet

OH NO NO NO NO

>The forehead is the frontal bone
>frontal bone
what else doc

I'm not sure what you're considering ridiculous here

It's also known as the fucking forehead dude, just because you call it the "frontal bone" as if you're in the middle of a PhD dissertation doesn't mean shit, that's what I consider ridiculous

The whole tongue. Do you have a tongue tie (physically unable to touch tongue on the palate)? If not, then just do it. Your tongue muscles will become stronger and it will become effortless after a short time.

not him but I think he used it to emphasize the fact that it's a real bone and therefore is moveable but yeah I kinda agree

About face pulling, I read somewhere on forums that some people have actually done serious damage to their faces with face pulling. So although it does work, just be careful with it. Don't overdo it I guess? For faster results and stuff...

>I read somewhere on forums that some people have actually done serious damage
no shit

>So although it does work
citation needed

you're paying thousands for an orthodontist for a reason you tard. google and look at all the people that tried DIY braces only to have their teeth fall out from applying too much pressure too fast

holy fuck lol

>tfw problem is lack of bone mass
I wish I had misaligned jaws Tbh

Yes, this was just with correct oral posture.
Lips together, teeth together, tongue in the roof of your mouth.

Everyone I've posted has had a marked increase in their looks after assuming the correct oral posture.

How do you explain this?
Do you think it's just them all tilting their head back?

>Do you think it's just them all tilting their head back?
Fucking YES, what do you think, Jesus Christ I'm starting to think you're not trolling and you're actually this retarded. If I wanted to show my ugly mug on this piece of shit website, I could easily make "evidence" photos like this too.

just trying this now and i feel like my tongue is cutting off my airway a little. am i doing something wrong?

Just barely touching or applying any actual force?
I have a hard time believing that anyone naturally walks around with their teeth touching and their tongue stuck to the roof of their mouths. It doesn't feel like a natural, relaxed position.

No you're not doing anything wrong. All mouth breathers have that problem in the start.

Teeth - Barely touching
Tongue - There has to be some force, how much force you wanna apply depends on you

Also, you're just changing the posture on the inside. On the outside, it still looks the same as usual. And it's absolutely natural. Ideally everyone should have correct oral posture.

>inconsistent lighting
>smiling in after picture, but not before picture
>wearing different makeup
>hair swept back in after picture
>face slightly turned in before picture
>ears propped forwards in after picture
How dumb are you guys?

just looked up what mewing is, do people actually have to think about doing that? I thought that was just how people breathed.

>For this photo, I want you to drop your jaw, so your lips are barely closed. We'll use that as the before
>For this photo, I want you to clench your teeth. We'll use that as the after.

Looking at the ear in the pictures where it's visible there seems to be no/very little rotation. Wouldnt that be clearly present if they were all just excessively learning their head back?
It kinda seems like the burden of proof is on your side. Show some pictures where the same differences can be seen simply by learning the head back. Doesn't have to be your own face, but surely someone has done this to completely disprove mewing if that is all it takes?