is finasteride worth it?

Your hairline looks pretty receded and the thinning is noticeable a lot
You can try minox and fin but be wary of the side effects

How often do you jack off?
There is a direct correlation between excessive masturbation and hair loss

Why did you leave it this late bro?

pretty often, tbqh.

It's already too late for you.

It would take a minoxidil and dermapinning miracle to save your hairline.

Fin has no sides btw

no there isn't you retard

mate you're practically bald at this rate, its literally like one small patch of hair at the top of your skull. You have like 5% of my hair at 29.

Use a wig brah, its like, the hip thing to do nowadays.

Hormonal imbalance is a cause for hairloss.

>>Fin has no sides btw
that;s not what i read

You sound like a guy whose sweat smells like vinegar.

>Fin has no sides btw

Besides raging gyno and impotence. I got to experience the gyno first hand. I decided I'd rather say fuck it and shave it and not have breasts.

Can be a sign of high natural test levels. Enjoy

You're reading posts from hypochondriacs with pre-existing mental conditions.

99% of men do not suffer side effects. There has never been a clinical study that shows any side effects to be irreversible. Clinical studies of reducing DHT show no effect on sexual performance, muscle growth, etc.

You're being fed lies from crabs in the bucket.

your hair looks like what mine did before i started taking fin. after a year, the hair has definitely thickened up and i have 0 hair loss.

if you dont really have total balding in your family, and just recession, you can always take fin until you can afford to get transplants and then stop. the transplants will never fall out, since the follicles are coming from an area that doesnt normally experience hair loss (sides and back).

if i were you, i would definitely take fin. do it now before more falls out and you feel like an idiot. shaving your head is just quitting and deciding to live the rest of your life with suboptimal looks. you're too young to doom yourself like that.

kinda awkward to bring up with a doctor, i just did it during a regular scheduled physical. but i guess there's sites like "keeps" that you can buy fin through now reliably... haven't tried tho

5 seconds on medline will have you looking at pictures of male breasts from drugs that fuck with your DHT. There are risks, but likely you'll be fine.

same user. you should check out the balding podcast on this spotify channel "science vs".

it'll run through literally every option potentially available to you. was super informative, and they cite all their sources

>(((Bernstein Medical)))

the jews are weaponizing hairloss

What is this "fin" you're all talking about, and where do I get it?

Finasteride.

>fat baldlet trying to cope

I'm 23 years old and I think I have healthy hair. I can sweep my hand across hair and don't get any stuck in it.
What can I do to extend this?

There's nothing bad in balding. Only mentally weak faggots care so much about beauty; beauty is a female thing. Buzz cut and you're set. Also not related to fitness.

How bad is this at age 19?

Look ok. But fix your skin user.

brutal. you'll be bald in 5 years

not balding at all, but take care of your acne

Im trying hard but it doenst dissapear and i think the shit im using to get it to dissapear on my forehead is making me go bald
REEEEEEE

It is also reversible with hormone imbalance

best treatment to acne is a healthy diet

Finasteride for me was chemical castration. I know that many don’t get sides, but for me it just wasn’t worth it. Within a month I could not get an erection, developed gyno, zero sex drive, inability to recover between workouts, low energy and motivation, zero aggression, emotional, depression. It’s just not worth it. Minox over the past year has done a lot to slow the receding of my hairline, my widows peaks have even filled in some, regardless of what the label says about it only working on the crown. I started eating half a raw red onion a day about 3 weeks ago, and I swear on my life I have new baby hairs growing in previously “scorched” areas. 24 years old, hairline receding since I was 21 for reference.

You are getting a mature hairline you fucking retard.

what does that even mean i dont want a mature hairline it looks like SHIT

you look like a soyboy anyway, so going bald won't be that bad for you

Now you have breast and no hair, am i right?

this is one of the worst cases ive ever seen, i think 2 years tops

Tfw have insanely thick hair but a shit hairline that I was given to at birth.

Just shave it all off.

Same. If my mom's dad is anything to go by, I'll have think voluminous hair for 100 years but a hairline that constantly looks like I'm in the middle of balding.

I'm 19 and this is my hair, should I just bench my 1rm with a suicide grip?

ya

Are you even balding or just have a shit haircut? Legit hard to tell from that angle

Stop being a pussy and just shave. I run with bald + goatee.

just shave it off dude I did and it's fine really

Pretty bad. You also have the skin quality of a senior citizen, wouldve never guessed 21. Do yourself a favor and don't go outside without sunblock and a hat to protect your scalp. You should also moisturize

you've inspired me. Gonna finally start with minox and dermarolling

>0 hair loss
But your after pic still looks like a guy who's clearly going bald. Sounds so sad that you're wasting so much energy time and money on something relatively miniscule. If you look ugly with a shaved head, you were ugly to begin with anyways. Pretending it's the fault of hair loss is just a distraction from the truth, and gives you something to blame for your own failings so you feel better about yourself

Actually males are the ones who care about their shiny toys looking pretty, females care about it actually being functional. Females put on the pretty bs to attract males

Goatees aren't for a majority of humans

You should consider getting a small hair transplant, nothing crazy, just to fill out the hairline a bit. Then, go to an old school barber and get a nice contour and go on min/fin and you should be fine.

All in all, $2000 transplant, $50 haircut, and a bit for the meds and you'll be looking great for the rest of your youth no problem. You don't even have it so bad right now.

Literally what does "direct correlation" even mean? r = 1? Even some correlation would not imply a causative effect, since there is literally no biochemical basis as to why masturbation would increase DHT.

WHY DOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND STATISTICS

Yea, but what about the sides? They are absolutely shit and having a strong front part with sides half way to the back of my head looks stupid.

meant for

I think you replied to the wrong post bud.

Anyways, the fin/min is mostly a safety precaution in case your hair loss proceeds. If you're scared of sides the meds aren't mandatory. In my case, mine stopped pretty much where you are now. I don't know what you mean about the sides. If you do what I say, you could get pic related easy, it's what I have and I started where you are.

My hairline isn't that far off OP's but it's barely noticeable if I keep my hair short and style it a bit.

Maybe I'm delusional but i'm 24 now and my hairline has been pretty similar for the past few years so I'm just hoping i can be one of those guys who recedes a bit in their twenties and then holds on to it for another 10-20 years.

>fuckign with your hormones
just buy a hair transplant when the time comes op

You guys DO know that talking about it will only make it worse right? Heh.

It makes sense because orgasming increases Prolactin, and when you orgasm too much throughout the day, it will incrise overall Prolactin level, and prolactin increases convertion of Test into DHT

there literally isn't, it's genetics.

Would YOU get a buzzcut tattoo to hide your baldness?

Genetics are merely the bare minimum needed to bald. Jacking off and releasing a shit load of DHT accelerates the hairloss.

As long as you can afford a really good surgeon and be prepared to go back to them when the hair behind your transplant goes too. Balding doesn't end when you get a transplant.

why you lying for? While the primary baldness gene is on the X chromosome, which men get only from their mothers, other factors are also in play. The hereditary factor is slightly more dominant on the woman's side, but research suggests that men who have a bald father are more likely to develop male pattern baldness than those who don't.

Hereditary-pattern baldness is the most common cause of hair loss. Hereditary-pattern baldness is not really a disease, but a natural condition caused by some combination of genetics, hormone levels and the aging process.

Almost all men and women will notice hair loss or hair thinning as they age. However, up to 40% of men and women will experience a more obvious form of this condition. Hair loss typically begins in the 20s and 30s, although in women the changes are most noticeable after menopause. The condition is also called androgenetic alopecia and, in men, male-pattern baldness.

Researchers have begun to understand more about the cause of this type of hair loss. Under the influence of a form of the male hormone testosterone, the normal cycle of hair growth changes, resulting in shorter, thinner or "miniaturized" hair. Eventually, hair growth in certain parts of the scalp stops entirely, which causes the typical pattern of hair loss. Contrary to the folk wisdom that baldness is inherited from one's mother's family, the condition seems to depend on genes contributed by both parents.

meant for

the follicles on the back of the head aren't sensitive to DHT. Not all of them will surive the transplant though. And you're right, most people have some DHT senstive hair left which will eventually fall out so you'll probably have to get it touched up.
Transplant is the best option though, or you just look like you're balding slightly less. But yeah it's expensive and probably not worth it unless you'r really young or insecure or rely on your image for your career.

>the transplants will never fall out, since the follicles are coming from an area that doesnt normally experience hair loss
But they're being transplanted to a place that does, so they'll continue to fall out if you don't take fin too

it doesn't work like that retard. The follicles are senstive, not the skin. You coul transplant your pubes and they'd stay there forever

are you retarded?

I have really thin hair and not as much as my siblings so my mom bought me this shampoo called monat and the same brand makes these pills with nutrients and shit and you take one daily. I have only been using the shampoo for a month and I feel my hair a little thicker. Maybe you should try it or look it up! see if it convinces you

Send help

goddamn

I know

gameover

Try Finasteride. If it doesn't work es expected then shave it off. To be on the safe side, be prepared to dish out some money for a transplant or, as already posted, a tattoo.
Being bald works only for a few men and the downside is that you can never let your hair grow out because it looks stupid.

OH NO NO NO

Try the following, though it may be too late for your bald ass:
Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil topical twice daily
Dermaroller
Ketoconazole shampoo
Gentle scalp massage daily
Blow dry on low heat or air dry, do NOT towel dry
Get a good quality shampoo and a separate conditioner, then use them sparingly/appropriately, do NOT overdo it

You could also look into experimental medication, RU58841.

I'm only 22, you don't think if I resorted to fin+mino i could grow a good amount back?

OH NON NO NO NO NO NONO UAHAHAHAHA

It's banger for you mine over

What's wrong with towel drying?

I'll do my homework on all of this stuff, thanks user. If you can tell me anything else I'm all ears.

Vigorous towel drying is too damaging. Patting dry is alright if it's gentle.

this

asking for a friend btw

shave

have any of you actually taken finestaride?

Only if you're a heavy responder to Fin. The other drugs won't do much if the follicle itself is dead, but will help regrow damaged follicles.

At this point, I would get on the big three, cut your hair short and wait at least a year to see if anything grows back.

yes, i think i'm in the minority but it affected the strength of my erection so i stopped

As a person who currently takes finasteride since August of last year this is what I have noticed

Reason for taking it: Preserve my hairline throughout my 20's. Once my mid 30's hit im growing facial hair becoming the ultimate DILF mode.

Hairline mode: Norwood 2, basically a very decent 20's mens hairline

How much: I take .3mg once a week.

Results: Literally no shedding except maybe a baby hair. No increase of thickness but the shedding and receding seems to have stabilized

Why .3mg once a week? If you fuckers actually bothered to research the drug your putting into yourselves like a repsonsible adult you'd understand that even though Finasteride has a short half life it suppresses DHT levels for days on end, sometimes taking upwards of 10 days to get back to natty DHT levels.

So basically it works like this.
1) Drug goes in and drops your DHT and leaves
2) DHT levels stay suppressed while slowly rising up as the days go on
3) Re-ingest drug to bring DHT levels back down

Its kinda like a steroid cycle but with a hair drug. You wouldn't pin yourself with 500mg of test everyday, no you do it once a week or some shit. Use this same logic with finasteride.

BUT DUDE WHAT ABOUT CONSTANTLY FLUCTUATING DHT LEVELS ITS BAD FOR YOU! Literally every person who says this fails to provide how exactly its bad for you, even doctors.

Side effects: I experienced watery semen and 70% strength erections for the first month or so.

Now I don't experience any side effects besides it takes me like 5 or 10 more minutes to jerk off

Are gains impacted? While taking the drug I've still made lean muscle mass gains on all of my lifts by following a very standard bodybuilding routine and diet.

Basically doctors say 1mg everday because its basically foolproof to work, not that its the only way it can work.

Also, you don't even need a doctors appointment. There are websites out there where all you do is fill out a form, declare a pharmacy that you want to pick it up at and some doctor far far away sends the pharmacy your perscription and you pick it up, thats it.

>There is a direct correlation between excessive masturbation and hair loss
the absolute state of Veeky Forums

>The power of Anglo DNA.
Ouch!

yea, really sounds legit!

Well seeing as thats exactly how I got mine and seeing that the stuff they gave me basically stopped all shedding means it is very legit indeed. Thank you for agreeing with me

If I thought I needed hair to fuck women, I'd kill myself right now

name the website fag

He meant that the hair BEHIND the fixed spots can still fall out leaving you behind with fucking horns or a literal circlejerk

>Insulting people is how I get what I want

Nope, find it yourself faggot

>If you look ugly with a shaved head, you were ugly to begin with anyways.
Billy Zane was attractive with hair, he looks like shit now. It's not something miniscule either, it's the one most important thing for a man's attractiveness from a certain age on, no later than 30. Why do you think there are hardly any bald presidents?

People like you are the ones in denial, not those who are worried about losing hair

I've got a receiding hairline since I'm 15 (former hardcore wankster) and have by now a widow peak due to the bald spots. Is there any chance to regeow the hair over here?