Daily reminder that if you have acne you need to take accutane

Daily reminder that if you have acne you need to take accutane.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/roaccutane-acne-drug-linked-depression-suicide-prescriptions-increase-rise-six-times-decade-a7727606.html?amp
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bye bye joints

Yes, take the accutane jew and run your test levels into the ground. Why not take prozac and drink some soda out of a bpa enriched can while you're at it to eliminate ANY remaining traces of testosterone

Low dosage
o
w

D
o
a
a
g
e

No, you're a dumb fucking retard.
Acutane should be a last resort.
There are litterally hundreds of topical acne meds (Epiduo is GOAT) available that lack the horrific side effects of Acutane.

or just eat clean and stop putting chemicals on your face

60mg/day gang

They’re all bandaid solutions though

So is Accutane.
The cure to acne is turning 30.

This. I laugh at acnefags same as fatties cus the solution is so simple. Just leave your face alone.

Yes take this medicine goy, you will feel better

It’s not, for the vast majority of people accutane is a permanent solution for acne

>"Hey, I got some zits! Better go ruin my endocrine system permanently real quick to take care of those for good!"

Ok brainlet

>implying I'm wrong
Why don't you go ask somebody who took Accutane?
Oh wait.
They probably committed suicide.

www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk

i took accutane and don’t regret it. i had really intense, painful jawline/neck cystic acne that didn’t respond to any other treatment (antibiotics, about 10 different topicals, diet). i was in college and the social gains i made from my confidence boost from finally being acne-free made it worthwhile.

i still don’t really produce earwax though... 8 years later

google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/roaccutane-acne-drug-linked-depression-suicide-prescriptions-increase-rise-six-times-decade-a7727606.html?amp

How long did it take until you noticed changes once on it? Also did you get any side effects

Cystic acne is it's own disease. Most people with acne do not have cystic acne.

right here nigger

take the accutane

within a couple months. i don’t really remember how long i was on it for. only side effect that really bothered me was dry skin / CHAPPED LIPS. Regular chap stick doesn’t work, you need aquaphor, so if you’re out and about without it you’re in for a bad time. also had to get monthly blood work which was strange.

it was also pretty bad normal acne. but yeah i probably wouldn’t have gone for it if i wasn’t in pain.

Sometimes I'm a bit tired in the morning.
I've been thinking about injecting adrenaline directly into my cornea.
What do you think?

If you have acne stop eating chocolate and stop drinking milk.

can confirm dairy makes my acne worse. once i start pounding ice cream and whole milk my chin turns to pizza

Go for it

Fuck you guys. I literally get compliments cause my face is so clean and never have acne. Yet I have back acne, chest, and even arms. It can't be stopped

thank god in this country you need to see a dermatologist to get a script for accutane
i.e someone who will make sure you try salicylates, benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin etc. before you fuck your liver.

>be female
>was against birth control because I've heard from friends and family about bad side effects
>5-6 years ago, acne suddenly turned into painful explosive cystic acne that which would only happen on my face, mostly my cheeks
>dermatologist would have to take pins to the face to drain them, was a fucking nightmare of an experience
>dermatologist recommends birth control and tells me to go to gynocologist since it's probably my hormones
>go to gynecologist for tests to see if I have any underlying conditions
>they say I'm fine but prescribe me birth control to see what happens
>after a few months of taken BC, have barely had a breakout. Cystic acne never again. Stopped going to dermatologist

5 years later, I still get the occasional pimple here or there on my chin, but the cystic acne has never returned. I believe acne is 75% hormonal.

It sucks that I need to rely on BC though. I'm scared if I ever go off of it, my cystic acne will come back.

don't. it'll fuck up your night vision when you're older, by 40 you'll be staying in at night because of it.

salicylic acid and benzoil peroxide (sp)

there's no age that cures it
slows it down but some still get it in their 50s

ask somebody in their 40s or 50s who took it as a teen

wait another decade or two before you decide if you regret it

everybody has some bullshit "stop eating this" solution
here's the real diet solution
KEEP A FOOD DIARY
PLAY DETECTIVE WITH IT
DON'T RELY ON SOME OTHER user'S EXPERIENCE WITH FOOD X

I've known people where Accutane didn't even work for them. It was that bad.

Then they’re fucked

Should add, the other 25% is probably from diet/stress. I think it's different for everyone, but I do notice I break out if I ate something shitty that day. I try to avoid greasy and overly sweet food.

how do i cure my acne scars

You don’t

I'm wondering about this too. I don't really have scars, but because I'm so pasty white that I have permanent red pigmentation from where I used to have acne. The acne has been long gone, but the red marks have never disappeared

im on accutane (low dose, 40mg daily) and nothing has changed except my lips chap easier

faggot

Pic-related

How long have you been on it for?

How do you guys wash your faces then? Just water?

>Tried everything for years with no results.
>Took a course at 40mg and skin was flawless for a year
>Started to have the occasional breakout that became more frequent, though nowhere near as bad
>Go on another course of the same dose
>Pretty much fine now

Now and then I'll get the occasional spot but it's usually if I've not looked after myself. The only side effects I've ever had were while on it which included dry skin (sometimes a nosebleed due to dry nasal passage) and aching, but if you're not a little bitch it won't bother you and then you'll get used to it.

Obviously can't talk for everyone else but I clearly haven't had any issues with it. Some say it can depress you but I was too pleased with the improvements to feel sad. I'd recommend it.

>stress
just dont stress bro haha

How long since you went on it did you notice changes?

Sun

I've heard kojic acid can lighten red marks

Any thoughts on this?

I took 40mg daily for 4 months, completely got rid of my acne for years but it started coming back in a much more manageable way in early 2017 so I started taking 20mg a week and it's working wonders with no side effects whatsoever, sure I still get a pimple here and there once a month but nothing to be worried about, plus my face and scalp aren't oily anymore.

All you fucking need. For bacne at least. Hot water before you wash your back. Loofa helps. Don’t apply bar directly to back. Rinse with cold water. DONT FUCKING TOUCH OR POP ANYTHING. Patience and fresh towel. Thank me later.

Dont do it. Accutane is a general killer of glands, it literally has been found to kill sebaceous glands (this is why it reduces acne but also makes your skin dry). You can read for yourself how it kills gland cells: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin
under pharmacology. Accutane has side effects that are typically caused by decrease of a certain substance secretion: dry eyes due to not enough tears secreted, diabetes due to insulin decrease, ed due to test decrease etc. it can affect any system. All are results of the fact that it kills glands. If you ever do it, only do it topically and never ingest that shit.

either water or nothing at all. I went a year without letting anything touch my face. My severe acne totally cleared in that year. then I introduced water with no problem

Killing the glands is why I used it lol. Literally cannot get greasy now. Get comments all the time from girls about how I never get shiny lol. Why the fuck would you keep grease glands when you can nuke them lmao.

Used accurate, am fine with normal T levels. Dad ran 2 courses, still fine. had normal T till he was 67, then trt. Stop memeing faggot.

i took this shit and highly recommend against it. I had some of the worst cystic acne you could imagine, and this was the solution.

It dried me up and caused chronic nosebleeds. I didn't even know it had long term affects until much later as well.

Stop being a geneticlet. Also lmao at nosebleeds being something to moan about.

Just wait you fucking children. It will clear up on it's own. Mine was horrible for years and now I have baby smooth skin.

I was being sarcastic. after reading my post tho i was being stupid. I meant that for almost no side affects you can clear up the most horrific acne. I was literally diagnosed with acne vulgaris

Nah, I didn't get cystic acne till I was 22, clear before. Was caused by shitty genetics. Time wouldn't have worked.

Honestly can't remember, it wasn't right away though, it was over halfway through though. It works at different speeds for different people I believe

Accutane took me from excessive zits to a normal amount of zits. I still need to wash my face twice a day to prevent them.

>not taking apple cider vinegar every other morning instead of fucking your liver

Atleast youll die with clear skin

Just wait until your face is ruined with scars from cysts.

Accutane is pretty much necessary if you end up with a lot of cystic infections.

I started taking it when i was like 14-15. i still have visible scars. on my cheek and on the sides of my forehead even though i got on it at a pretty early age.

That’s a meme

Shut up

You are aware that your liver is one of the most, if not THE most resilient parts of your body right? You can have as much of 75% of it removed and it'll still grow back to it's full size if looked after. Anyone prescribed to isotretinoin knows not to consume alcohol or any other substances harmful to your liver whilst on it in any case. You're weighed and have your blood checked before being prescribed the appropriate dosage.

First of all, you need to get that shit prescribed by your derma to even use it. Some people aren't able to qualify for it because there acne isn't as severe. I'm 24 and was on accuane for 8 months at 18. My acne came back a year ago and noticed it's from my diet. Whenever I drink dairy or eat fast food I get the worst break outs of my life. As long as you find a good routine for your face, drink water, diet, you're in good hands.

Speaking as someone who went on 80mg a day for 5 months, don't go on it. Don't get me wrong, my skin is mostly clear unless I drink alcohol, eat dairy, or a lot of chocolate, but it will absolutely fuck you. People are right, my endocrine system is still recovering. My skin and hair are way more dry than they used to be, my dick didn't work for a while, and my testosterone wasn't optimal.
Things are getting better now that I'm getting back to a healthy weight for my height (190 at 6'2" currently) after cutting like an idiot, but it takes a lot of good food, sleep, and living clean to feel healthy. Accutane is fucking poison and if I had just not fucked with my skin as much and let it heal on its own, I probably wouldn't have needed to go on it.

I should also add that I got my blood tested for cholesterol a while back and my doctor said my liver enzymes were fucked. Tested a few more times, same result. I essentially now have the liver of an ex daily binge drinker.

i took accutane and my dick works fine and so does everything else. No depression or anything else. It only got me pussy and confidence. I would have rather died than live with that pizza face.

I need this for my dick. I got all those wierd fordyce spots down there.
>pic related.

Nigga I've always had the most clear skin and I've been gomad since the age of 10

Jesus christ. I believe it.

No

I get compliments on my skin regularly and I have always specifically avoided washing my face since I was a kid (my grandma always told me to wash my face and I thought it was stupid so I didn't just to spite her) and don't use any products. Usually just let water run over it in the shower.

Same. I’ve literally never moisturised and people thing I’m at least 5 years younger than my real age. Last week I got told I look 22 when I’m actually 28

You obviously have good skin genetics then brainlet

laser surgery is the only real way to improve that

Anybody else find that nofap clears up acne? If I fap like 3 times a week my skin is pretty clear but if I fap like 3 times in a weekend I'll break out and if I'm on nofap my skin practically glows

Honestly I'm really divided on it.
I took acutane when I was a 1st year in highschool and haven't grown since. Now I'm a manlet. Got into medschool and now I learn that large amount of vitamin A stunts your growth. Acutane is a derivitive of vit A thus it's probable that's the reason for my manletism. If I had known I wouldn't grow anymore I don't think I would take acutane.

>muh anecdotal evidence

There's a reason accutane is only prescribed for severe acne (aka the worst type). There's bodies of evidence that show that it's literally poison for your body and should only be a last resort-type treatment.

>taking 80mg now
>only pain I get is in my forearm muscles
>rip their growth

>tfw can only fall asleep face down.

I have cystic acne and it fucking sucks. Jawline and cheeks are the worst but in highschool I used to get it inside the ear and that was the absolute most painful experience I'd ever had.

Yeah, Topical treatments don't effect it in anyway.

hyper pigmentation takes up to a year to start fading but Salicylic acid can help temporarily reduce it day by day.

>take accutane for two trial now because I have horrible cystic acne
>have 1/2 inch cysts on face every few months or so
>has actually helped me greatly

Fucking love accutane

Same