/PLG/ Powerlifting General

>Went in for my regular measurments and pictues taken today
>2kg heavier than normal cause my oven is out of commision and had to eat out all yesterday so all that salt
>puffy from a ton of carbs

kill me Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4pahmErp6ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=YDuMGoK-1JA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>2kg heavier than normal
so you were 120kgs?

sounds like a dream lad

ah-bloo-bloo

Reminder to QUIT this sport, POWERLIFTING, because you're human garbage.

Noce blog

>you're human garbage.
projection

>Reminder to QUIT this sport, POWERLIFTING, because you're human garbage.
I'm starting to like you.

98.5 tyvm

I really like equipped powerlifting, and I'm still more athletic than panzertardburgler :)

jfc you weigh as much as I do

Mirin that bulklife

how will Mike ever recover

I topped out at 101

cutting back down to 94 and will probably go up a little bit to whatever the new weightclass in the 90's is whenever they announce it

Did Isley give away his trip or something why is he acting like such a dick when he's a harmless little crybaby?
youtube.com/watch?v=4pahmErp6ZA

Friendly reminder.

biccc boi

Dats how we do.

What are your lifts now?

I'm a COCK and always have been.

i squat 60kg and deadlift 80kg pretty good desu

His lifts are still pathetic.

50kg C&J 43kg snatch coach says i'm making progress

Some people are convinced it's a dick move

we havent really maxed anything yet, I will be attempting PRs at a mockmeet soon though so idk I might make some PRs, I hit a random 115kg clean and jerk in training one day cause I was feelin it

I'm apparently also maxing my strength numbers soon too cause my coach was watching me and saying my "80%" numbers were too light cause 80% squats dont move as fast and easy as I was doing them so I'll probably max those soon aswell

are you female?

fuck you i'm a 5'5 101 kg man, i've only been training oly for 3 years

that's pretty low even for a female

I know a girl that does 80/97 lmao

how come it is so weak? are you doing some 'larp as chinese kid who trains year or two with a broom' thing or??

why dont you make vlogs anymore lad?

Serious question, do you think people who have sex are generally stronger than those that do not?

I am too employed.

Good job boi

NO panzer is my friend and nothing he does is pathetic

Well people who have sex are the ones who will pass their genes on so they're by definition the strongest of the specie.

What's your job?

Software engineer

ouch even gde of engineers

I think there is a higher correlation than that. Every non-virgin trip on this General is stronger than you, if I recall correctly.

I like my job and they pay me well :)

nah gdealex is weaker

Noice lad, are you competing any time soon?

>nah gdealex is weaker
It would be closer than you think, and Alex is a lot lighter

>sport
Iblet I can't take your advice seriously with these delusions

Alex is barely a weightclass lighter and it's not that much closer.

>Alex is barely a weightclass lighter and it's not that much closer.
Sooooo, panzer, you're saying that all of the non virgin trips out-lift you.

Wow. Neat.

>think's i'm panzer
>doesn't understand how strength is defined
mmm you'd make a good naughty bottom

>Trying to out-think your own virginity and weak total
Lmao.

i'd love making you squat on muh dick bby ;)

In your training have you considered the amount of testosterone you have and the limited amount of muscle it can support and the limited amount of strength the muscle can support

for example, I have, I don't train calves or lateral deltoids at all.

No sorry I'm a brainlet all I think about is bigger numbers even for accessories.

nah I'm not low test

Honestly these

I competed last weekend. Did okay, 5/9 715kg in equipment.

I'm competing again in May.

>powerlifting isn't a sport
things lowbrains say.

Why do you prefer equipped over raw

because he can pretend his bench isnt trash

>Oven
Why not eat shit like meat salads and shit. I don't even have an oven and I eat like a king.

that was me

good to hear tha tits working

test levels dont matter if you dont experience symptoms because it more dependant on your androgen receptor density

i got this from feigenbaum and it makes a lot of sense. Its about how much test your body actually can bring into the cell, thats what matters. So you could be low test based on a test but if you naturally have a lot of receptors relatively you basicly would experience high test symptoms

this made me realize that if you have low amount of receptors youre basicly a permanent gde even if you use roids you would need to use more compared ot someoneelse.

Can you give bigger exposition backed with a link or two sounds interesting

youtube.com/watch?v=YDuMGoK-1JA

>Can you give bigger exposition backed with a link or two sounds interesting
You sound like you're excited to have another excuse for why you're not trying hard.

Yes?

Imagine how many of your lifting problems would be solved by having the discipline to employ solid lifting and conditioning principles for an entire year.

Seems like some of you spent half of your training year injured, or adapting to the new program of the week.

we have like 6 dudes with disc injuries in this general

Please teach me correct bench barpath.

It's just suppose to be a slight arch right? I think I bring it too low on my chest.

Do you like weighted backextension
I think I like weighted backextensions

Start slow, build up low. Buy me, fuck the book, pay you.

the bar isnt 'too low' on your chest
the chest is 'too low'

making a strength pure

give me some name ideas for a strength pure. Bench bro was taken.

yes its low systemic fatigue posterior chain volume, its less specific but less stress to the spine

how many people do you think are actually structurally capable of heavy squatting and deadlifting for like 5+ years without some things starting to go wrong with their lower backs

i honestly don't think many people are just judging from how many people i've seen develop issues who never had issues before

I think I exaggerate the curve of the bar path

Isn't it just suppose to be barely under nipples touching then right above upperback

i wish i could touch you barely under the nipples

303 tempo bench

You'll have to fix your barpath, or you'll die.

idk bruh i bench like this

not many because people lack awareness and these dudes with slipped discs werent lifting much anyway, its what you get if you try to progress fast and sacrifice form

kinda like the deadlift everyday guy

I wish you could too sweetie ;)

>how many people do you think are actually structurally capable of heavy squatting and deadlifting for like 5+ years without some things starting to go wrong with their lower backs
Most people can. Try deload weeks, or change your training focus to off-season variations when you're beat up.

And by arch I mean the arch of the barpath, not my back

SO.. I have a trash squat, I'm super wobbly with anything remotely near my max, and I have tiny legs. What do I do?

squat more

>SO.. I have a trash squat, I'm super wobbly with anything remotely near my max, and I have tiny legs. What do I do?
Stop working near your max. Do more submaximal volume. Do high rep Bulgarian Split Squats with bodyweight.

This except I actually need to do it. Chronic knee pain/numbness for the last year+

Only times I've hurt my back were Mementum 2016 and earlier when I was more or less trying to LP my lifts on 5-6 hours of sleep and 100g protein a day.

1@8

Aight will do.

I know what this 'means' but what does this mean? Like obviously I need at least a brief block devoted to perfecting my form and probably building some quad strength but what the fuck do I actually do?

I like both

You dont need a "block" just add tempo squats 3-0-1

Start too light. Progress slow. Do supplementary conditioning that strengthens your legs. Push prowler, jump, sprint hills, weighted carries, biking, hiking.

Tbqh I feel like that's not far off from my standard squat tempo with moderate weights.

Thanks, Big Jim

Squatting in Sambas, yea nor nay?

Squat in any shoe as long as the surface is sturdy

better than squatting in joggers
worse than squatting in a shoe for lifting
you can have excellent success in them. a strong guy at my gym squats 4pl8+ and diddles 5pl8+ regularly in chucks. he says that he felt like lifters pitched him forward too much

basically do what feels right. if there comes a time that you decide sambas aren't supportive enough, there's lots of good other options

It only matters for ankle mobility and stability ... it's not like they make you stronger

Yeah, I've been squatting in PL2's for over a year, lately I realized I've been fighting to keep from going onto my toes for as long as I can remember. Back to flats for a while.

I had a little bit of issue with being pitched with my adipowers. realized that my problem was the I wasn't pushing my hips back enough and I was arching my back/flaring my ribs
I like my squatting shoes, but I can also see how easily they can be counterproductive if you don't lift in them properly

ISLEY what do you think about blockchain??? will it be revolutionary, can you code in solidity???

holy fug /plg/ the stair stepper is rough
squatting is no problem but man i felt that so hard in my knees wew
despite that I'm looking forward to the next 8 weeks. losing weight isn't really hard but I need to rebuild my discipline with cardio
I've just been too much of a slug the last few months

I can't consistently squat pain free low bar, it's just a little too much for my hips, so I squat kind of mid (aka high) bar with a good amount of hip hinge. A lot of sit back tends to lead to SI discomfort within three or four squat sessions.

Can you lads really be proud of your lifts at any point when people like larry wheels run around and can probably curl your total?

If I can recover fast enough, is doing a "back off front squat" on days Candito doesn't prescribe to squat increase my back squat? I would front squat 3/4ths of my back squat max when I do

It could either help or risk inducing more fatigue. Problem is that you really don't have a way of knowing until you try.
If you're doing the 6 week program, I would not personally recommend doing it until AFTER week2
And even then, I would recommend doing it based on you front squat max or estimated max and keeping it below 80%

No, but also not for that reason. There's no "athletic" reason you need to squat more than maybe 2xbw for a few reps, and there's no reason all except pure vanity to slam shitloads of anadrol.

Powerlifting is a meme sport and you are probably not very good at it. Get strong (enough), get big and jacked (enough), and have fun breaking PRs, but recognize that you will hit a certain limit and have to work very hard for a very long time to move past that limit, and even then only in very small increments.

It's good to have a strong front squat and power clean, it's good to be able to run a few miles without dying. It's good to live long enough to see your kids have kids.