Does mewing really work lads? Anyone try it? Don't wanna miss out on those jaw gains haha

Does mewing really work lads? Anyone try it? Don't wanna miss out on those jaw gains haha

Other urls found in this thread:

honorfranklin.com/myofunctional-gallery.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I feel like it does, but what the fuck do I know

It helps against double chin, and that's about it.

I tried doing it a couple months back, but after a month or so I found I would keep accidentally biting my lips or tongue more than usual. Stopped after that. Was that my jaw muscles just being overly-strong or was I doing something wrong?

My brother has a better jaw than me (model) and said to me he always puts his tongue on the roof of his mouth.
Then I started mewing, and 3 years in my cheeks look way smaller (same bf%) and my jaw muscles are bigger, more than one person mentioned it, the roof of my mouth feels a bit larger too. I was 17 when I started to mew, maybe I just grew, but I think proper posture helped it a bit.

proof?

I didn't take any pictures for that purpose at the time, but I'll see latter if I can find one and I'll post here comparing.

This is my brothers jaw, when I was talking to him about this he said "mewing" was just how his bite and tongue normally is.

if you're past 21 then it wont do much at all

Yah that's just puberty senpai

Maintaining the correct position alone will immediately improve your face. Over time? depends on age.

That Nessman?

Sorry for being a newfag, but what's "mewing"?

Face posture that improves jawline

thanks!

Chew stiff gum like bazooka joe

It works better and you wont feel like a retard

Yes it does.
honorfranklin.com/myofunctional-gallery.html

This Dr calls it Oral myofunctional therapy. Her results speak for themselves.

It does work. Wish i had a before picture and a face good looking enough to post online...

ofc it works, why wouldn't it ?

all braces do is apply a constant pressure over a period of time, if you do the same by keeping your jaws and tongue in a certain position

you can get exactly the same outcome

Using your muscles more makes them grow bigger, who would've thought?

Science huh, pretty neat.

so it gives you better...teeth?

except this isn't about muscle hypertrophy, this is about modifying the position of bones in your skull

Mike Jews family has been spewing this garbage for like two generations. He offers online courses on "orthotropics". Most of his following includes Veeky Forums incels, sluthate members and lookism losers. This alone should tell you it's bull shit.

None of what he says has any proven trials.

If you're having jaw issues your best bet is to go to your general dentist or doctor and get their advice. They're going to start with conservative treatments before anything serious. For example if you have a TMJD they might try physio, or make a splint. If you're jaw is seriously fucked up they'd refer you to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon for surgery - usually this is if it's really fucked up.

If you have a small chin you can thank your genetics. "Mewing" won't do shit.

you don't need trials to understand this will work
in fact, why wouldn't this work
the only reason i can see is because patients aren't able to consistenly follow through with it

No adult is going to change his facial structure with this shit

and as an added response btw, other bones and structures change all the time due to constant muscle imbalances and pressures

it's quite literally the reason why orthopedic surgeons will never have to worry about work ever

the idea that by creating muscle imbalances you can change your bone is perfectly valid and it's not
much different from putting on braces to the teeth

you are just wrong, if an adult is able to create constant pressure for a long enough time, it will change his face

whether or not you can do that strongly enough and long enough and properly to get results is a different questions

but it's not impossible (and it happens all the time for example with knee joints)

I tried this for a time and my jaw got better but my weak chin got worse. Should I stop or will the lower maxilla eventually catch up? I look really deformed without hitting my chin out and hiding it with my beard

if your occlusion is fucked up you can't really do the mew method anyway

if i remember correctly he suggest closing your motuh and pressing your tongue against the palate

this will only work if your occlusion is somewhat fine already

>tfw cheap dad didn't want to pay for braces that would've fixed the overbite
Thanks anyways. What I had done originally was jutted out my chin and closed it together to temporarily fix the occlusion, but i'm probably making it worse

>tfw my parents didn't even pressure me into braces but both my sisters got them
I was so fucking stupid holy shit. It isn't such a bad overbite but I'm going to be seeing a dentist soon about it, hopefully braces might work. Surgery is scary and I don't know how recovery is.

braces work at all ages all that is required is time and patience
i heard there are some 3d printed braces even, that would do the job as well
just a matter of time until you can do it all yourself

braces only work so far though. My overbite isn't bad so maybe it might work but chances are no.