He puts safety clips on the smith machine

>he puts safety clips on the smith machine

>using the smith machine
nice shit thread btw

>smith machine
>smith
>machine

I once told someone they didn't have to do that, and they said their football coach made them put clips on the smith machine. Thanks for reading my blog.

>He puts clips on the barbell

Its not that i need them, its so that others cannot use them

thats pretty alpha tbqh

>he uses the Smith machine AT ALL
Please tell me you guys don't do this.

>he sits on his phone between sets

>he doesnt clip his dumbells to the smith for safe curls

Mfw i go to planet fitness and i have no choice but to use the smith machine.

This is also me. Total newb, its cheap, and literally a 5 min walk from my house and Im already seeing results.

Whats the translation from smith machine to free weights? Like if you can press X on a smith machine, then you could realistically press Y on a free weight barbell.

Well PF has free weights but yeah there's no difference really. The Smith machine is just easier, safer and quicker.

>using the smith machine

Literally training wheels for people who wont learn to hold a bar steady

>he drinks water between sets

I generally don't do this for warm up sets, but I do for work sets. I can't say I've ever used new equipment, but all the shit I've used at gyms have ranged from rusted shut to floppy. Even if I'm pretty sure the plates aren't going to slide off, having them jiggle around on me is really fucking distracting to me.

>not putting 10 sets of clips on and then breaking the handles off

Easier, yes, but also less effective. Smith machine means you're not training your balance under load, so if you had to actually carry the weight you'd fall over.

>he drinks water between reps

>he drinks water between sips

The range of motion a smith will provide isn't safe for a lot of lifts, as they're not all linear up and down. Things like squatting and overhead pressing especially are bad for this and in terms of squatting and injure your lower back pretty bad. Use the free weights, it'll recruit your stabilizers as well and make you more effectively strong in general. Also you look like a bitch in the smith machine literally no matter what so yeah.

>he lifts weights between sip sets

>can't find a reasonable use for every piece of equipment in the gym
lol what a brainlet

>he sips mid-rep

smith machine is not bad for floor press

>he doesn't

>he goes home if the equipment is being used instead of waiting

>reverse grip bench press
>Yates squats
>calf work
>unilateral standing leg work

if you don't need water during reps you're lifting babby weights