That Time You Almost Died Lifting

I can't stop thinking about it and cringing about what could've happen. Felt both of my shoulders wobbling on the brink of dislocation while squatting, I always think about what would've happen if my shoulders came out and the bar went between my shoulders and hands. Luckily I had a friend nearby help take it off me.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BczdLDjHNGD/
instagram.com/p/BevK4eanW1F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is why I'm so scared of Olympic lifts

dieded?

I fell forward the first time i tried to squat 2 pl8, If the catch bars weren't up i would've snapped my neck.

You ever have your muscles just shit out mid rep

>low bar: not even once

Dropped on side of the bar on my face while benching, scraped the cheek, bled a bit from the nose, finished my workout, went to a job interview, passed.

Missed one hook while reracking the bar on bench. Got the bar in the forhead.
It was a mild concussion I guess.

Cocked up an equipped bench press. 200kg on my neck for a brief moment. Had 3 spotters that saved me though

>Deadlifting lmao 2pl8 for reps
>Last rep
>Grip on right hand gives
>Bar slides down my right thigh and smashes off my kneecap
It's currently all black and red and hurts when I walk. I skipped leg day yesterday because of it.
Am I going to die? I don't think I tore my quad or anything.

I really hope you’ve been putting ice on it user

Blacked out once while benching. I forget how much but I was overly ambitious on my lifts and forgot to take a breathe.
Thank god my spotter was ready. Never overestimate yourself. I learned hard that day to not lift with my ego.

> Was powercleaning 1.5 pl8s for reps.
> Failed on the last two and went into a ass to the grass front squat.
> Could feel myself slowly tip backwards with the bar above my neck.
> At the last second I pushed it out in front of me and fell backwards.

bath with lots of ice must stay in bath for 30 mins

Nice, them moments suck.. Do or die

> in first year of lifting
> be lifting in shitty home gym
> bench press stand's 2 vertical stand bars are a weird distance apart
> unrack all of the weight on one side first
> as soon as I take the 45 off that first side the bar SWINGS upward in the air and narrowly misses clubbing me in the face
> tfw almost clubbed myself in the face with 115 lbs of metal

Oh shit I got quads

Someone at my gym did this. The bar was flipping over a rail and would have dropped down a floor if not for one alert guy that was able to grab it at the last moment. Imagine a 45lbs bar dropping down on your head because some retard doesn't understand gravity.

>be 16
>take a hulk xanax during 3rd period
>blacked out until I get home
>subliminally desire to lift
>black out again
>come to on the bench press
>I have 275 on
>pick that shit up with noodle arms
>hits my neck and push all weight off one side then other flips over

I remember a ton of people coming over to ask me if I was okay. Blacked out again and woke up in bed

>First couple of months of lifting
>My absolute max bench was like 170
>Decide to try and make it to 200 because my friends would talk shit and I was impressionable
>Go at night when there is almost no one around
>Through sheer rage manage to get the bar up a couple inches before I gas out
>mfw
>Complete panic sets in
>Luckily I didn't use clips for some reason even though I literally always did
>Slide the weights off of one side by accident
>Entire bar comes crashing to the ground
>Got a few awkward looks but was ok

Why do people do xanax if all that happens is you black out?
People just want to get closer to death a few hours at a time?

This happened to me and I switched gyms

I genuinely used to hate who I was sober and would wake up frustrated if I didn't have even a sip of alcohol to placebo myself into being more socially relaxed

took some insane preworkout (arez white) and did squats and passed out on my way to take plates off during a drop set. i leaned against the rack and didnt fall over or hit my head. i felt like i was having a stroke. no preworkout on leg day lads lol

Warming up for deadlifts with baby weight. Hadn't eaten anything before hand. 100kg for 1. Lock out. Come to slumped by the power cage with people standing over me asking if I'm ok. Narrowly avoiding smacking my head on the cage. Dyel PT asked me if I was roiding. kek.

Had a sudden arm spasm while benching alone

bruh like the same shit happened to us

>100kg
>babyweight warm up

i feel like a bitch baka. my lower back goes to snab cidy as soon as i do 2pl8

Single arm dumbbell snatching 30kg (70lbs) and it came out of my trip at the top by a few inches at the top. It seemed to hover in mid air and I hoped the fuck away from it. It was right above my head for a bit there.

Why are you skipping leg day pussy? A black and blue knee never hurt anyone. Dont go to the doctor under any circumstance, wait a few weeks untill the pain is nearly unbearable.

Wtf kind of advice is this? Kek

None of the retard on this board go to a doctor after they hurt themselves, i'm just giving them some much needed encouragment to bite trough the pain untill they develop some issue that requires surgery.

No way in hell you'll see me in a doctors office just because i have difficulty walking due to an injury.

I'm guessing most of you fags are americunts cause as a yuropoor a doctors visit cost me nearly nothing.

Kind of related

I was playing Football and I got in a tackle and his helmet somehow collided with the back of my head. I had 3 days where I was a bit of a zombie and I don't remember anything. I struggle to remember things quite a bit nowadays and can't recall most of what I did for my degree.

I'm an Ausfag with more or less free healthcare and I still don't go to the doctor.
I fucked up my back 10 years ago and never saw a doctor; don't know what kind of injury it was exactly, but it stopped hurting five or six years later, so no biggie.
Proper healthcare is for pussies, just suck it up, faggots

Sounds like a pretty serious concussion m8...
Body injuries are one thing, but brain injuries are serious business

freaking epic post. guys on here really posting like it's 2007 /b/ holy cringe

Le upboated
Have some gold, newfriend

>didn't do a good warm up
>started out with just some military push ups
>shoulder gave out at push up five, didn't realize I'd hurt myself earlier in the day
>glad I didn't start with any weights

always make sure you're healthy and do a good warm up before your lifts

hello fellow edgelord :^]

A few weeks ago I got to the bottom of a squat, first in a set of 5 with 382lbs on the bar and right when I was about to push back up my back basically crumpled. Not sure exactly what happened, but it lost all tightness and I dumped the bar immediately. Nothing serious in the end but definitely scared me. I focus a lot more on my bracing now for sure.

Checked

>ohp max, attempting 2pl8 for the first time
>get the bar overhead, hard as fuck
>blacking out, feel grip getting loose, dump bar and jump backwards
>bar falls
>bounces on safeties (>pressing in the squat rack) and into my gut
>minor bruise, nothing too bad
>bro tells me the bar missed my skull by like half an inch

Lel

Doing equipped powerlifting in a garage gym.

instagram.com/p/BczdLDjHNGD/

Also last month I was benching in a rack with no safeties in the shirt and just lost it on the my 4th rep.

Luckily I had good spotters who saved me from eating 4pl8s to the face.

Ironic. I nearly dropped a bar on my face five minutes ago.

Cleaned the bar into my chin. Nearly knocked myself out

Thats what you get for squatting lowbar. Lowbar is not an exercise.

>hurting yourself with a 2pl8 deadlift

kek

Thats a pretty cheap rack, isnt it? Wouldn't happen with a proper sturdy rack.

i did this but on an incline bench. came down on top of my head. amazingly no signs of a concussion.

Improve technique, learn to brace, buy a belt, Do hanging leg raises, Do reverse hyper extension, seated goodmornings with bar, etc.

>12 years old
>fucking around with older brother's cheap weight set
>has some shitty cheap bar with the weights already on
>go to take the plates off one side so i could just bench the bar
>soon as i take the last plate off, that same side of the bar goes shooting into the air because of the weights on the other side
>hits me flush on the chin and knocks me out cold
>wake up in hospital with 3 teeth missing
>scared to go near a weight rack for years

really fucked me up good.

That's why I don't do dead lifts. I remember as a kid I saw a picture of a guy who's asshole exploded while deadlifting.

Just the classic thinking the bar is racked after a squat and letting it go but it's actually unracked on one side. If it weren't for the sudden fight-or-flight strength boost from the bar pushing me down I could've easily got snapped in two.

>2 years ago
>novice
>squating without safeties
>lose balance and bar rolls over head

Within a month, I bought some saw horses so I could set the bar down without catastrophic failure (pic related).

Nice guillotine m8

f

>Small local gym owned by friendly buffbros
>"ask if you need help with anything user"
>benchpress
>stuck
>call for help
>buffbros chatting/music
>call for help louder
>nope.jpg
>ok I guess I'll just die then, no biggie :)
>berely manage roll of shame to the hips
>wtf you guys I was in trouble back there
>"oh just ask if need help user"

And thats why hate loud music at the gym.

that's only 455? come on isley man step it UP

> I struggle to remember things quite a bit nowadays and can't recall most of what I did for my degree.

tfw your national sports WILL make your clinically retarded

Gave me a good laugh user

it has nothing to do with the cheapness of the rack. It's just physics, the rack wasn't bolted on the ground and there was no counterweight

U forgot
>Get stronger

>not posting this one instagram.com/p/BevK4eanW1F

Had a bunch of minor fuck ups over the years but nothing major.

Did once witness a (otherwise strong) guy miss a 200 kg back squat while his spotter was day dreaming. He ended up getting folded completely into some crazy yoga pose as he lost the barbell behind him.
The entire hall went dead silent for a couple of seconds before we realized he was miraculously unharmed.
Pants were shat.

>oly lifting coach helping me with clean and jerk
>says my form is looking good and more consistent and goes to help someone else
>1pl8 jerk, let my form slip a little bit, forget to tuck my chin
>tongue is sticking out between teeth
>slam the bar as hard as possible on the way up my chin, but finish the jerk
>nobody notices despite the echo of steel against jaw
>tongue is completely fucked for 2 weeks and can barely eat anything but no concussion

I think if it was any harder I would have just chopped my tongue off and died of blood loss