Powerlifting General -/plg/

For the purpose of getting stronger by starting light, progressing slowly, and setting personal bests in compound barbell lifts.

Don't skip your conditioning.

>and stop acting like a fag

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/reviews/sony-xperia-xz1-compact-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Deadlift is the worst lift

squat is the best lift

>t.lankard

Reminder that almost all virgins and incels are weaker than almost all non virgins here.

I seem to lose tension somewhere in the deadlift when I squeeze my chest up against the weight of the bar on the floor to straighten my back. Anyone experienced this and diagnosed the problem? How to keep tension in the body while still maintaining a good back position on the floor?

Bench has so many factors in the setup that it drives me crazy
also reminder that to do dynamic work with 25% band tension for speed strength

I'm about to bench 315lbs at 18 natty and I'm a dojin

Give me username ideas pls

>dojin
Didn't know manga could bench. How were the sales last comiket man?

Do you take a deep breath and hold it and keep a curved lumbar? If so just keep bar in contact with your shins and drive up with your heels (youll be using mid foot but think of driving up through heels)

I do, but I feel as though there's not much tension I guess in the hamstring area. Like I'll set up and everything, load the spring in the hamstrings as they say, then when I squeeze my chest up to put my lumbar spine in the proper position my hamstring tension is lost. I think it might be because my pelvis rotates during this to put my back in a safe position and in doing so my hamstrings lose tension somewhere.

Reminder to quit powerlifting

Joke's on you, I already have.

Have you? I think you really should, you're terrible at it and your body is disgusting. Your squat is shit, your bench is laughable. It's like you've wasted so much of your time just to have a good deadlift.

Post your body, squat, bench and deadlift gayboy.

isley a sexyboi

Can't believe I'm saying this but........

>projection

t. soyboy

Dont over think it too much. Is there slack in the bar during this? You should almost be in a parallel squat when starting your pull with your back around a 45 degree angle and that should have your hamstrings loaded plenty.. Does it feel sort of like more tension is put on your quads when you feel you lose it in your hamstrings? Where do you feel it go so to say?

Nah I enjoy it.

>implying I ever competed in the first place and only browse /plg/ cos it's the only thread on Veeky Forums that has some vaguely educated posters

What's a good 2x week squat routine to move to after SS? Current estimated 1RM is ~165 (3@150 a week ago). I'm aiming for a 200kg squat by the end of the year, was thinking maybe Nuckol's 2x int? Or running that modified Candito one for 6 weeks?

dont run nuckols squat progs they suck

you could try the c6w mod

but generally its pretty simple, if you can use rpe then ask me again ill give a more detailed reponse

TM

4day TM*

if you only squat all you need is 2 :^)

i tried out paused deadlifts 2ct 1inch off floor yesterday will report back tuesday to see if they worked

deadlift is easiest for lanklets

I would do that but work out 3x/week, with one of those being DL days. I don't like squatting and deadlifting on the same day either

not if youre a lanklet with short arms

run this setup

>a
squat main variation
deadlift main variation
>b
comp squat
>c
comp deadlift

since its 3x a week after C you should have 2 days of rest, for lower body at least

Post a video, either your setup is off or you're pushing the bar forward with your shins when you push your chest up.

Sounds like me. Take your time, autist. It gets better. When the teenage Chads are getting trapped with sloots they knocked up and the nonathletic smart kids are getting into homosexuality you will be entering your prime pussy slaying years.

I though fit was a exit board but then I found plg a few years ago and now Im more autistic than ever

what is wrong with this place

>what is wrong with this place
People like you.

WHAT IS THE CURRENT MEME PROGRAM?

How tight are knee sleeves supposed to be?

I had been using a cheap pair of hookgrip knee sleeves. I finally bought 'real' knee sleeves (titan yellow jackets) and they just arrived. I bought a size small because that's where my knee measurement fit in according to the table on the titan website, but they're really fucking tight. I can just about get them on and off with a bit of effort.
Will the sleeves 'stretch' out a little through using them, or are they gonna remain this tight? I'm thinking of sending them back and asking for a size medium.

>autist
Projection

5/3/1

If you can get them on on your own then they arent tight enough for comp

They will loosen up a bit

I guess it's possible that I'm just not used to the feeling of actual knee sleeves —the hookgrip ones are just a piece of cloth really, not very sturdy at all— so it feels surprisingly uncomfortable. It's not necessarily a problem I suppose since I can get them on and squat to depth. I'll see how they feel during my next squat session on monday, hopefully they don't cut off blood circulation too much or sth like that.

>5/3/1
If all the sub 350 wilks dead ends did 531, first set last multiple sets, with the simplest strength accessory format for one year straight, this place might become respectable again.

Any lift other than bench is fucking gay as shit

Tips for strengthening core? If I do +5 reps on squats my core is the first thing to give up. Realized it today when I had to do 4x8 in c6w.

there was good copy pasta which had good reasoning why 531 sucks ass.

>cap over eyes because he's afraid of making eye contact
>parchy numale beard
>plump cherry red dick sucking lips
>Jewish nose
>chubby effeminate cheeks
>neck tattoos that scream insecurity

Is he, dare I say it, a soyboy?

core stabilization exercises, not flexion like leg raises or situps.
l holds, planks, single arm farmer's walk, zercher holds, front squats

a mere look at the routine should tell you that its dogshit
>lmao 1 (onece) a week frequency per lift

lmao what the fuck, how can your core be the weakest point.

Weak abs/lower back

Its pretty simple and very common

>lmao 1 (onece) a week frequency per lift
Frequency is a good tool if your a newb with bad tech.

If you know how to lift, you don need to squat 5x per week, because once is enough.

so why the fuck would you suggest 5/3/1 to sub 350wilks

This

Frequency over volume while learning to get repetition while fresh and not grinding out bad rep after bad rep ingraining bad movement patters

Volume over frequency when a level of proficiency has been reached

What do you mean by slack in the bar?

Yes! When I try to load the hams it feels like an SLDL, when I try to load my quads I end up only feeling the hams light up when the bar has cleared my knees. I suppose there's some sweet spot I'm missing but DL volume is so damn low that I find it difficult to retain technical proficiency from workout to workout.

Thanks bro, I'll try to film it next time.

>so why the fuck would you suggest 5/3/1 to sub 350wilks
Because it is sustainable and low injury risk, with lots of room for accessory volume.

A year of sub optimal progress is better than 6 week blocks of fuckaround and setback.

Also, most 531 templates are not 1x per week frequency.

>benching 315 while virgin
Nope, I have proof

Yeah I think my abs are weak because I haven't done any separate exercises for them.
Thanks, maybe I'll planks to my routine.

>A year of sub optimal progress is better than 6 week blocks of fuckaround and setback.
Meanwhile a year of any other program will have you do more than Jim's 60lbs per year which is shit tier for sub 350 wilkers.
Lifting is a marathon but you don't have infinite time.

>Meanwhile a year of any other program will have you do more than Jim's 60lbs per year
70 lbs on pressing, 140 on squat/dead.

Would be 350 lbs on your total, if you didn't have to deload.

>which is shit tier for sub 350 wilkers.
Lmao.

>Lifting is a marathon but you don't have infinite time.
Implying that 5/10 lb increases every 3 weeks is a marathon. Did you skip cardio, lmao.

pls be in kgs

>implying that's gonna even happen with jims no volume
Post vid of your squat show us the strength that having plazma cock stuck down your throat provides

thanks jim

>train on a new routine
>feel like going to gym tomorrow to do
>supposed to have 2 day rest
WHAT THE FUCK TO DO I FEEL LIKE ICAN FUCKING GO AND I HATE IF I DONT OG

>>implying that's gonna even happen with jims no volume
What good is tons of volume if you stay weak?
>Post vid of your squat show us the strength that having plazma cock stuck down your throat provides
I dont post videos on Veeky Forums. My squat is 510 lbs in sleeves currently.

Can you recommend me phone with as long as possible battery life and with snapdragon so I can go for lineage os.

>What good is tons of volume if you stay weak?
i don't care as long as i get big

>What good is tons of volume if you stay weak?
Because you don't. Keep memeing though as if a guy that does program hopping and is a mental gde will be able to make gains on 5/3/1.
>I dont post videos on Veeky Forums
So you're just shitposting then. Go join the cripple.

techradar.com/reviews/sony-xperia-xz1-compact-review

My moto g4 play runs lineage great

This is
apparently too much for nu-fit
What does /plg/ think?

Enjoy dying to heart disease at 30.

not a fan of bacon and it's not enough carbs.

thats a lot of food for 1 person dude

i eat 5 eggs every morning but thats a lot

Why do you guys powerlift?

>he doesn't know that exercise reverse heart disease.
Plus based Jim recommends shitloads of eggs.
I get the lack of carbs but how can a person not like bacon wtf.
>5 eggs
>that's a lot

we like to eat

for fun

I don't. I pump and cum like Arnold.

I get owies if I powerlift but I get worse owies if I stop. it's a drug.

no i mean the amount of food in that picture for 1 person is a lot

i do not think that 5 eggs as a meal is a lot

dunno I ate it like twice in my life and it tasted disgusting.

>watching the Big on a Budget Animal series
>no nutella & pj sandwiches
What the fuck? I'm 3 episodes in right now, I really hope someone actually gives me a good idea for calories instead of all the basic shit that all of them buy.

i like simple maths.

Hehe

>pj sandwiches
Meant peanut butter.

yeah thats why i never browse here outside this thread

i don't know why people still get so flustered over a deadlift monkey memeing around with 425

same, going to Veeky Forums is like going to completely different site. It's amazing how much different it is from /plg/

why you gotta use those fake weights man

combination of nyr and how pathetic the average globo gym goer is.

boardie can you list your best sumo and conventional, im gathering some data on the ratios between the two

>, I really hope someone actually gives me a good idea for calories instead of all the basic shit that all of them buy.

Drink any oil in your house. Guaranteed to be calorie bomb.

I went away for a long time after Quad left in 2011.
r9k being shutdown and creatinig haven here did incredible damage to this board

What's wrong with basic shit ? You can literally make shitloads of dishes with pork, beef, lamb and fatty fish and chicken.

Used an SBD belt earlier, they are not a belt good for deadlifting, can see it feeling really stable to squat in though

How do you guys solve benchpress stronk when you are alone?

not really, I tried 531 with accessories and I gained 0 zero pounds in all of my lifts, and I'm a fucking weak noob

foam roller

what makes it bad for DL?
bench in the power rack, I love lift offs and spotters but doing memeburn i'm not going to bother some poor soul to spot me 11 times twice a week

Thanks, i have basically ignored this exercise until now. My dad is a doctor and he tells me it will give you round forwarding shoulders, how to avoid?