Why do so many people hate on yoga/meditation?

Why do so many people hate on yoga/meditation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9uaFnYhWke8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Poo culture

Mh.. Mediation is the power of the mind, blended with the might of the light... The sight of fright causes blight upon the white.

pretty much this

If you've got time to meditate then you've got time to pray.

because of the cunts that do yoga
most of them a pretentious, and have that better than you attitude

yoga and meditation in its self is amazing, most of the people that do it though are the opposite

why do niggers hate forests?

Because they lack willpower to continuously do it

Because it's associated with people that other people find distasteful (hippies, Hollywood, rich people) and it seems like a waste of time.

>rich people

do you know what meditation.. is?

It's not why I don't like it, some people just associate yoga and meditation with being a rich asshole

Because of the shitheads who act like it's some sort of mystical fucking experience that will open your mind to the mysteries of the universe and the fadders who only do it to seem alternative and exotic.
Relaxation and self-reflection is always a good thing, but don't make it more than it is.

torille

they're for women and betas

You need to be in tune with your state/emotions/behaviours to notice slight changes that meditation brings.
Gains are slow and can't be seen, they have to be felt and even then you need to know what to look at.
Also, if you're more conscientious there's more guilts whenever you're not doing things valuable for your life. Thanks to this and nofap I sometimes just stand in place for a minute annoyed and mentally pumped up not knowing what to do with myself.

I don't care much for meditation but I love yoga purely for stretching and general flexibility. I don't go in for any of the spirituality stuff that gets attributed to it

Because they are closed mind faggots. I do enjoy my yoga lessons.

In the west, he is right.
It's popular among the rich liberal bubble. Like veganism.

Do you mean the time of the devil?

Because they're cuck faggot millennials who can't be alone in their own heads for 30 minutes without having to affirm their shallow ego existence on kikebook. In short, because they're normies.

Yoke * not time, stupid phone

I meditate, but don't talk about it. I practice zen and go to a monestary every Sunday.

I meditate an hour every morning. Worked up to quarter lotus.

The point of it is, don't give a fuck what other people's egos say about it. It's an amazing practice and the natural state, that's all it is.

If I go to hell for sitting peacefully and not hurting anybody, so be it.

I do mindfulness but don't tell people I meditate because they assume I'm some hippie jerkin off my chackras.

Same.

They don't? Never heard anyone complain about it desu. Just that they don't do it.

Yoga is a bunch of Hindu prayer poses

>what is contemplation?

Because I don't hate my own culture and heritage.

>Why do so many people hate on yoga/meditation?
Because its created by a literal shit-tier human race.

horrendous form...

NO PLATES???

People who are really stable and enlightened are almost invisible.
How often do you hear someone say "What the fuck's your problem? Are you (retarded/autistic/narcissistic/sociopathic/psychotic/manic depressive)?"
Right, now how often do you hear someone ask "Hey how come you're calm under pressure and have really good posture? You don't seem to be an egotistical zombie constantly feeding on the self-esteem of others."?
Human nature and culture favors the pushy, noisy, shittiest shitlords with the fewest methods if interaction so those methods are practised and sharp. Even being open to stuff like yoga means you're more complex and less blindly self-centered than average.
Sickness rules, always has.

Powerful empires lead to refined and complex societies open to ideas from far away.
Miserable villages of inbreds can't get along with people from the next mound, because they are "differnt".
Your culture and heritage has been stealing and borrowing and modifying from other cultures forever, don't be a cultural shitter and try to freeze it or turn it backwards.

t. suburban comfy opinion holder

They didn’t create meditation brainlet

shit's sorta gay familia

Yoga is fucking legit

Meditation is an extremely helpful, ancient practice from all cultures that has been co-opted by hippies and wannabee hippies. This drove away a lot of normal people because that is what they associate it with.

this

You dropped your fedora, sir

Zazen keeps my bipolar disorder type II at bay. It’s a better alternative than taking SSRIs.

youtu.be/9uaFnYhWke8

wearing a fedora doesn't automatically make you a tryhard neckbeard or a "muh intelligence" fag. I wear mine solely for fashion's sake as I'm sure a lot of us do.

(you)

>tips fedora

>All of them braps
If you pay attention, you can actually smell them from wherever you are.

the stretching and breathing parts are cool
but the spiritial emptying of self stuff is bs

normal meditation is fine with me, since spending time thinking thru things.

>normal meditation is fine with me, since spending time thinking thru things.
The explanation for why that works is the spirituality.
Manual work is also good for thinking things through.
It's when the simple explanations about reflection get plugged in to some giant Marvel comics cast of characters that it repels people who just want to find the mind's user manual.

because they feel bad about not doing it themselves.

Hmmm pancakes.

>it seems like a waste of time.
10 20 min a day and its really a great way to relax and much more

I get asked why I'm so calm a lot actually.

>Powerful empires lead to refined and complex societies open to ideas from far away.

>Meanwhile you need tv license to watch tv
>or be 24 to by spoons

Wan more biscuit n milk, my Queen?

Thinking with your eyes closed ain't meditating bud.

>>or be 24 to by spoons
but why did the guy lose all those spoons anyway?

on that note, how much has modern yoga to do with meditating?

Sending thoughts and prayers your way is what everyone tells people right before they die. Guess its not so effective.

>tips fedora