youtu.be/I0uhDZ06hrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GliyhXavw5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People who want to be stronk

olympians

t. dyel

I power clean and rows

people who want to be explosive. It's also extremely fun to do

It looks really scary, I don’t do it because I feel like I’ll never learn the proper form ;-;

Yeah but beginners?

Retards who just started lifting and think it matters because they downloaded and skimmed through the SS book

Plz post rips supinated barbell row

how can anybody take this fucking waste of oxygen seriously is beyond my understanding.

3.25pl8s deadlifts is not impressive anons...

What beginner books do you recommend instead?

You don't need to be autistic about SS to make it, you don't need power cleans unless you care about your deadlift numbers. Most people lift to look good, so just do what you have to to look good

Used to do loads when I played Rugby

youtu.be/I0uhDZ06hrQ
My favorite video of all time

I did rows and pullups instead but I wish I would have done the powercleans for scapular health to develop good scapulo-humeral rhythm

pe

I deadlifted 155kg the first time i steped in the gym. any program that doesn include a horizontal row should be dismissed by default right after being laughed at extensively. a heavy off the floor row might actually be the single best upper body lift there is.
strength training anatomy by frederic delavier for kinesiology and anatomy.
beyond brawn by stuart mcarthur for programming and putting the knowledge to use in general

Fuck you rip I don't want your shitty textbook I'm gonna pass the class anyways

Why would anyone save this? Also his logic is more applicable to cheat rows than power cleans. Though both will absolutely build muscle.

pc doesnt build any fucking muscle get your head out of your ass. you might get a tiny bit of strech in your traps and rombhoids from dynamic eccentric but thats it

you can see alan thrall at 1:15

high pulls are better than power cleans anyway
only reason to learn power clean is to become proficient in performing olympic lifts
high pulls make way more sense, especially in a beginner program

I swear day after day snobs who think they're better than experienced coaches, seriously you'll know how much they lift based on how humble they're and this user here is a classic example of never gonna make it.

>Who the fuck even does powerclean
Well it's an explosive movement so anyone that wants to train explosiveness. Mostly athletes.

are you by chance referring to rippetoe as an exerienced coach? because he's indeed very well experienced in being a total failure at everything he puts his mind to except for selling snake oil to impressionable newbs
mostly amerifat highscool football players with dogshit coaches

rippetards ofc
>daily reminder rippletit is one of crossshit founder

you are a nigger
powercleans are a really good exercise for any athlete that needs any kind of explosive training without going full oly lifting that requires a FUCKTON of technicality in the movement.

You are just a simple brolifter encountered in any gym that thinks any kind of resistance training outside your brosplit "bodybuilding" "routine" its useless. KYS my man

That's retarded though. And if you're always strong enough to straight power clean and never have to go into full clean to get it up, your ass and traps are going to be tremendous. Plus it still hits the quads to a decent degree.

power cleans really don't do all that much for your deadlift unless you are a very poor deadlifter who happens to have great genetics for explosiveness

otherwise the two lifts are so disparate in loading it won't do much

>tfw horizontal rows always get me looked at really weirdly
I'm up to 1pl8 but people still occasionally come up to me and tell me I'm doing the exercise wrong
then I have to explain to them that I'm doing a horizontal row and not a bent over row

Are you trying to say you do inverted rows with a plate on your chest? Don't get me wrong, it's great with neutral grip for feeling the full retraction in your back, but don't pretend people shouldn't be looking at you like a retard.

>because he's indeed very well experienced in being a total failure at everything he puts his mind to except for selling snake oil to impressionable newbs
>mostly amerifat highscool football players with dogshit coaches
Please be ironic.

>not doing SS for 1 or 2 months only instead of pushing to its very end
>not using the technique and form and aggressive strength gains to quickly enter a more aesthetics program
Its like you don't want to make it. Don't you have a plan?
>also not doing power cleans ON TOP OF ROWS

lmao funny you should mention that as its usually niggers getting cheeroed on by other niggers as they do pc with dogshit form who are the only people that actually (attempt to) practice this lift outside of the realm of weightlifting
youtube.com/watch?v=GliyhXavw5Q
they're not good at anything. people who want power and explosiveness practice plyometrics.
the weight is still going to be miniscule compared to what you could row with a bit of extension momentum because you have to generate enogh power to get the brbell to your clavicles with minimal dip. what's going to build more musce, a 180kg cheat row or a 100kg pc?

>coping

ss is a garbage routine that shoudklnt be done by anyone except by those who purposefully want to turn themselves into mishapen humonculi with sub 2plate bench.

So you admit the power clean does build muscle then?
Also, I don't even understand why they're being compared to cheat rows now. They don't even target the same muscles. Though if you want to move the goalposts you might as well compare cheat rows to power shrugs.
>180kg vs 200-infinitykg power shrugs

I don't do power cleans myself, but there's no fucking way I wouldn't do rows and weighted chins if I was.

shoveling dirt will build muscles if you expand the definition of the phenomenon, it doesnt mean its a feasible way to go about it. pc is a power movement, the only hypertrophic stimulus you will get that from that comes from a very short concentric and strech reflex at the bottom should you choose to catch the bar between reps. pc is an assistence exercise exercise to a full clean, anyone who uses it for a different purpose might be brain damaged or american.

It's hilarious when rip does it

Look at the audience man, are these the people you want to imitate?

#metoo

>ask every strong dude I meet if power cleans grow deadlift
>2/3 agree
>Bill Starr said so
I don't care I'm doing power cleans. They're fun and make my back, shoulders and serratus sore after years of lifting.

Yes, a heavy compound is paramount to shoveling dirt. You sound like the type of guy that doesn't do 6-7 reps because it's a waste of time.
And a power clean is a better trap and ass exercise than a full clean assuming you're actually pushing yourself. A full clean is basically a front squat with ass and traps hit as well. A better compound to be sure, but it doesn't invalidate a power clean.
If you can jump 3 plates to your chest or however low you choose go, you're probably a pretty strong guy, and likely pretty big. Power
Also the guy who interchanged rows with power cleans probably shouldn't be throwing out "retarded" insults.
>why would you do a ham, ass, quad and upper trap exercise when you can do a middle trap, lat, and rear delt exercise?
I know both hit more before it cues more of your stupidity, and I don't do pcs nor am I American.

Who said anything about imitation? I just find it funny when rippetoe does a heavy lift

Post your body I want to imitate yours

Started recently. Fun as fuck. Try it, user.

This. Veeky Forums really is a festering nest of brainlets that love to indulge their cynicism and berate anyone having a claim to authority. Like Rip even gives a shit that the DYEL faggots on this shithole of a board, with their literal zero experience and extensive knowledge of meme routines cobbled together from youtubers and clickbait fitness sites, don’t agree with what he says.

BTFO. These DYEL twinks never post their bodies when making these dumb complaints and for good reason.