Military Workout

I want to join the Marine Corps (specifically, the Marine Corps Police), and I know that the PFT is SUPER demanding. I can currently do about half a pull-up, 30 crunches in 2 minutes, and run 3 miles in an hour and I play singles tennis for about 2 hours 5 days... how do I train to pass?

Other urls found in this thread:

military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>run 3 miles in an hour
what

>tennis player
You think you can do it?

you're welcome

How fat ARE you?

step 1. find a pirate pdf copy of the usmc field manual on physical training
step 2. read it
step 3. implement, on your own, a fascimile of their boot camp training program
step 4. profit

I'm 6'1", 190 lbs., probably 30% body fat. :(

>female marine applicants pass with a single pullup

>PFT is SUPER demanding
Is this a joke?

Unrelated, I’m enlisting in the marines, only thing I’m worried about is losing gains because of the long work hours and week long field excercises. Does the military kill gains or can I still find time to lift

>hur dur femails can be in the militury if they are huld to the same standurds

This. Just run a sub 7 minute mile pace, do 20 pull ups and 100 crunches and you’ll be good

>do about half a pull-up, 30 crunches in 2 minutes, and run 3 miles in an hour
Not gonna make it. Are you some kind of fatso or just a literal twig?

I hope you are not serious. Consider a different career path...it’s not that great anyways, trust me.

Sorry for trying to take steps to a better lifestyle and serve my country; I've never done something like that.

Well, from the little-to-nothing I know, looks like you'll have PLENTY of time to be Veeky Forums man.

>I can currently do about half a pull-up
Find a gym with a pullup machine with assistance weight.
>30 crunches in 2 minutes
Does the Marine Corps really care about crunches? I thought they recently did a study saying that crunches were stupid.
>run 3 miles in an hour
Dude, that's most people's walk. I'm not trying to be mean, but you really need use a treadmill or something. Ideally in the same gym with the pullup machine.

You need to do at least 20 Pull ups (no time) or 60 push ups in two minutes.
Crunches must be at at least 60 per two minutes
3 mile run in 18 minutes or less.
If you can do this, than your in since you am 80% to at least pass, unlike the army which is at a 60%.

/k/ has a running military enlistment general
Also see:
military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness

If you're a giant POG you can absolutely become a literal giant POG. Everyone got jacked on deployment regardless of MOS though.

cut that weight son, you can make this

That muscle test seems a little easy.

The only way to get better at running, pull-ups, and curl-ups is to do them.
Do 24 pull ups a day, 120 curl-ups a day, and run three miles a day, no matter how long it takes you. Before you know it you will be crushing the PT test.
Also, I guarantee your diet is total shit. Stop drinking soda, that stuff is basically poison.

Through boot camp and MCT / ITB you WILL lose gains but depending on where your mos school is you have liberty time to lift.

>wants to be an MP

Here’s some better advice: kill yourself

I’m going infantry so how would fleet life be for lifting?