Who else is going to get a myostatin inhibitor gene therapy treatment when they're on the market in 2020?

Who else is going to get a myostatin inhibitor gene therapy treatment when they're on the market in 2020?

Patent application filed for human use: bioviva-science.com/blog/2017/3/2/first-patent-application-for-dual-gene-therapy-targeting-the-aging-process

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy#Vectors
youtube.com/watch?v=NzhHVoYweMg
youtube.com/watch?v=oNqGdEQMb-M&t=1s
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2717722/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2562651/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'm not a fucking nerd help me understand

myostatin = keeps your muscles from getting TOO big

>Chemical stops big muskles
>stop chemical
>Get big miscles without doing anything

enjoy oversized hearts and fucking dying

breddy neat
so is this going to be some over the counter product?

The buff mouses lived longer

Whatever it takes

Is this the future of lifting? I hope to fuck in 100 years it wont be the case where every single jackoff of the street will be ripped after no gains and the only way to be exceptional is to be disgustingly huge. It seems like it would take the joy out of lifting. Part of the joy is making progress, increasing the weight on the bar through hard work. When that's just given to you it would feel pointless.

The point of lifting is not just to get huge or put up huge wait. Those are bonuses. Its fun.

this. aside from the usual muscle tissue, cardiac muscle and blood vessel smooth muscles require it to be kept in check.

you'd end up with high blood pressure and drop dead from a sudden heart attack.

probably. although i bet at that point bio-augments will be out.
it'll be the smaller guys who work in security related fields that will be the strongest.

how do you like dem nuts

The buff mice had lower mortality than the control group, they lived longer.

Put that shit in the water supply and everyone will look like Gears of War characters

I read this in the voice of a super mutant from fallout.

Holy shit, I didn't know this was going to happen so soon.
Can we get a bioanon here to say what the process for gene therapy looks like?

lol OTC treatments that show tangible results? in pharma land? you kidding?

>it'll be the smaller guys who work in security related fields that will be the strongest.

It's actually very simple.

We use an Adeno-associated virus with the modified genes to infect you.

When these viruses infect a host cell, they introduce their DNA molecule into the host. The genetic material of the adenoviruses is not incorporated (transient) into the host cell's genetic material.

The DNA molecule is left free in the nucleus of the host cell, and the instructions in this extra DNA molecule are transcribed just like any other gene. The only difference is that these extra genes are not replicated when the cell is about to undergo cell division so the descendants of that cell will not have the extra gene.

As a result, treatment with the adenovirus will require readministration from time to time in a growing cell population. You'll just get a top-up every year or two.

Not me. If you wanna get fitness model big just do 1 or 2 test cycles which is much safer than this. If you wanna get bodybuilder big... well do it to kys because you are beyond saving

Has there been any serious side-effects in the testing process? I'm genuinely curious if this is as much of a magic bullet as the hype train says it is.

Many years ago there were some problems when this was first being tested for severe combined immune deficiency (SCID, AKA 'boy in the bubble disease') patients, and several patients died - but this wasn't a problem inherent to the technique. Rather it was poor methodology.

That was 20-odd years ago now, and the technology and clinical practice has come a long way.

Viral vectors are safe and effective, and there's a lot of material on the topic you can read for more information.

I'd suggest starting here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy#Vectors

THIS THIS THIS THISSSSSSSSSS

The CEO of gene therapy company Bioviva Sciences, Elizabeth Parrish, has personally taken the myostatin inhibitor gene therapy to prove safety.

She was recently interviewed by Bloomberg: youtube.com/watch?v=NzhHVoYweMg

Here is a short presentation on the work of the company: youtube.com/watch?v=oNqGdEQMb-M&t=1s

im completely uninformed about steroids and test injections. i was under the impression you have to keep taking them or else your natural test levels will drop dramatically. are you saying you can do one or two cycles and then stop without major drawbacks afterwards?

And here is a research paper on the efficacy of myostatin inhibition via follistatin protein, delivered via adeno-associated viral vector gene therapy, for muscle growth and preservation: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2717722/

It's not about building muscle but slowing aging.

If you do it right (pct) you will keep a decent amount of muscle
I was about about 90kg natty, went on a test cycle where i gained 10kg and now about a half year post cycle i am 95kg and im leaner than i was at 90kg

But i guess everyone is different. Some people recover better from cycles than others ive read

Myostatin inhibitor therapy would be primarily about muscle mass; the telomerase therapy is the main anti-ageing therapy.

There is age-related loss of muscle mass though (sarcopenia) which follistatin would help with, but it would be beneficial at any age.

Kek 10/10 synthesis

With this shit on the market bodybuilding is going to turn into a full blown freak show

There's a problem

You see, myostatin inhibition keeps your body from getting too muscular and thus too energy inefficient.
Taking a pill that stops that will fuck you over in the long run.

No one every talks about how guys with myostatin problems always have shorter lives due to their hearts being huge.

this is what happens on the internet, motherfuckers literally speaking with their assholes

myostatin does not influence cardiac muscle growth brah

of course faggots who don't want to work hard will abuse this just like roids

i hate this gay earth

Dude, yes it does.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2562651/

kill yourself

>Some people recover better from cycles than others ive read
More like
>some people apply basic nutrition and post-cycle procedures better than others

Retroviral therapy has unpredictable and dangerous effects.

They won't even ask for this

theyre gonna start feeding cows and shit with this anyway

bumping for interest

any other biofags who could weigh in on this?

>theyre gonna start feeding cows and shit with this anyway
Won't that mean instead of giving cows, pigs and chicken toxic hormones and food they will just cut back on that, give them this thing and normal food and come out cheaper and healthier?

Routine?

me on the right

Hah.

Not the dude you blew the fuck out, but model organisms have their limitations and it's a ways away from saying the cardiac role of myostatin in humans is the same. The paper you linked just shows absence of any phenotype, but that doesn't mean myostatin isn't playing some role in cardiac muscle development. In the discussion they cite some paper that found mRNA for myostatin in cardiac muscle.

Sorry, my boss was just never satisfied with knockout papers. They leave a lot of questions unanswered.

What kind of fucking idiot would mess with their genome when we know next to nothing about gene-gene interactions and the epigenome?

Based.

we're one step closer to irl space marines

This idiot right here, I’d do it just to see what would happen.

how did they wake up the mice after this?

just teach yourself to do backflips or whatever instead

yeah, but how much taller did the mice get?

check em

FUUAAAK BRAH!
That third mouse is swoll!

>Der ewige DYEL who thinks spiders can get big without hard work

This has been the only non brinalet response. Anyone who knows anything about genetics knows that just about everything is more or less still conjecture beyond basic laboratory techniques on how to manipulate this or that. We are still learning about the citric acid cycle for Christs sake and that's supposed to be one of the simplest biological pathways.

viral vectors are in no way proven to be "safe"

no one knows long-term effects of this therapy (and I'm not even talking about effects on next generations of possible human offspring, just time-horizon of like 20 years for patients alone)

there's some species of jellyfish that live forever nigga why don't we tap that instead

GOMAD+SS

they just zipped their fur coats back on friend

now they're back to zipping around and eating fish and slaying mouse pussy

humans and jellyfish are somewhat different biologically

Enjoy your snapped up tendons and ligaments.

Mirin those mouse traps

>Is this the future of lifting? I hope to fuck in 100 years it wont be the case where every single jackoff of the street will be ripped after no gains and the only way to be exceptional is to be disgustingly huge. It seems like it would take the joy out of lifting. Part of the joy is making progress, increasing the weight on the bar through hard work. When that's just given to you it would feel pointless.

Ever heard of Pay2Win games?