Keto

>keto
>forcing your body into a state of sickness in order to trick it into losing weight
>healthy

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12148098
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16523530
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>prove to me that having your body run on glucose instead of ketones is not the real sickness

>being this deluded

Got no idea how to shred so going full keto with high protein intake and shit

But somehow every guy that talks about keto is a fat unfit fuck? Wonder if this is best way to shred

keto is for people who want to stuff their faces with pizza and telling us that they are healthy

I don't think you know what keto is my man

>be me
>try keto
>day 3
>I've eaten a half gallon of ice cream in the past two days

is this the diet for fat fucks who eat muffins all day and then decide to cut em and act all surprised they start to lose weight?

this is the diet for people who cant be without junkfood for 3 months

> heavily studied
> lots of health benefits
> "It's still unhealthy because I said!!!"

Kill OP

It’s not heavily studied you fucking retard, the exact opposite is true. It’s way less studied than normal diets.

>heavily studied
>lots of helath benefits

the fear factor guy told me so

keto has been around in western civilization since the beginning of the 20th century, maybe longer
so has fasting and its various forms, traces back as far as history, usually tied to religion
it's just all regaining popularity due to the internet recovering lost knowledge instead of being force fed an agenda by mainstream media
maybe (((they))) don't want it to be "studied" for a reason?

>pizza
>keto

No it hasn’t, every human civiliaztion ever has subsistited off of starches. Potatoes, corn, rice, there’s zero evidence they’re unhealthy.

Civilization was generally an unhealthy move by humans.

>what is evolution

False. Started as a treatment for epilepsy in children. Atkins picked it up with his bullshit diet in the 70's. Keto is just rebranded Atkins- same focus on low carb with only difference being focus on fats rather than protein.

Motherfucker I've been doing keto for 2 weeks and so far I've lost 10 kg's, what the fuck are you talking about

And I feel great, no sickness or anything

>2 weeks
>lost 10 kgs

Doesn't sound healthy..

I'm a ketofag and it's just another flavor of CICO. At best even the most keto of ketofags can only enter a moderate state of ketosis, because most of us eat too much protein (or better put, the nutritionally adequate amount of protein) which the body then uses to produce glucose when needed.

Anybody who chases after ketosis as if it's the ultimate goal is getting memed on.

It works because the stricter requirements (looking at carbs, not just total calories) forces you to be more conscious about what you're eating and stick to meal planning/meal prepping. It also takes sugary snacks and eating out off the table.

Also, fat is usually not satiating since it's so energy dense. Over time that changes the fatty's relationship with food and gets them used to smaller portions and not overeating.

>inb4 you need to eat carbs
The liver makes its own glucose from the glycogen in fatty triglycerides.

>evolution
lmao@u

Hate to break it to you, but most of these are just n00b gains from getting rid of retained water. Over time you'll average out to a normal rate of fat loss for someone your weight

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet
>The original therapeutic diet for paediatric epilepsy provides just enough protein for body growth and repair, and sufficient calories[Note 1] to maintain the correct weight for age and height. The classic therapeutic ketogenic diet was developed for treatment of paediatric epilepsy in the 1920s and was widely used into the next decade, but its popularity waned with the introduction of effective anticonvulsant medications. This classic ketogenic diet contains a 4:1 ratio by weight of fat to combined protein and carbohydrate...
>1920's
>not the beginning of the 20th century in western civilization

He still believes in pseudoscience

Wikipedia isn't a credible source.

's
>>not the beginning of the 20th century in western civilization

10,000 years of civilization and eating mostly carbs can't undo millions of years of evolution brainlet

Are cream cheese/green onion/chipped beef cheeseballs good for keto "desert"?

What I'm saying is that the human has evolved to live on carbs. Our body doesn't change in 100 years just because we try to live on fat instead.

I think sugar's fried your brain m8

Do you skip the first 20 minutes of a movie so you can watch from the beginning?

Keto works dude. Or at least what people on fit call "keto", high protein, med fat, low carb. Basically meat and veggies. You need stimulants to lift though because of no energy

So it doesn’t work? Eat a fucking potato or some rice you fucking morons, you shouldn’t need a ton of caffeine to go do some pull-ups if you’re 23 years old. It’s so fucking pathetic what fitness has become.

Neither is your mom but you spent fifteen years nagging her about shit, didn't you?

How embarrassing. Good thing you abandoned thread

You look anorexic desu. Not jealous of that body at all.

I started keto at 275 and I'm 200 now. It's getting harder to lose weight on keto around this weight. At least, harder than it used to be. Multiple pounds a week used to be normal but now I'm lucky to get 1 with diet alone.

I think anyone who's obese should do it. Any health negatives are outweighed by how quickly you can lose weight. Maybe people are better off with the Veeky Forums diet after they shed obesity and become just overweight. I'd imagine I'd get the same level of weight loss over time on keto as I would with the sticky diet. So I decided to keep going until I'm normal BMI, 175lb. 25 more pounds should be achievable, right? If I keep extending my intermittent fasts...

Personally i think keto is silly and I don't drink caffeine but...

>Its so fucking pathetic what fitness has become

You know steroids have been around forever right? What's wrong with caffeine?

Nothing is inherently wrong with caffeine but the dude I replied to said his diet was exhausting to the point that he needed to down caffeine to go workout. That's not normal for a person that cares about fitness, I'm sorry but it's just not and in no way should a person that has to do that be considered fit.

Im on that green tea extract, trick my mind to think it gives me energy so it's all good

On worst days, pop a caffeine pill or sip on some shit

I tried a keto diet for a couple of weeks. I know that's not a very long time. But I didn't poop the entire time. I ate my first carb laden meal yesterday and my poop was hard and large. I felt as though my anus might be ripped apart. I don't think this is the diet for me.

do you mean to tell me that when the body is burning ketones and literally give you acetone breath, in complete starvation mode, is healthier than glucose the literal only thing your brain can translate into energy?

Yeah i never got the ketosis part of the keto diet, almost everything will kick you out of ketosis from what i've read, as long as ur are on a calorie deficit you should be good i guess

Aren't the ketones effectively "converted" into glucose?

It's always best to have at least a basic idea of what you're talking about before joining the convo friend. Makes you look like a spastic otherwise.

How the fuck has no one thus far pointed out that high protein IS NOT KETO

dumbass we know it's not keto, we just call it that because its concise

The high fat 10% protein or something is just stupid

How are you supposed to keep your muscle mass with 10% protein? I looked keto foods up on youtube, safe to say im never doing that again

You're not, keto is a diet for patients with neurological disorders, not fitness goals.

Ketogenic diets can have carbs and high protein, ketosis isn't an on or an off switch, there are varying degrees of ketosis.

Why do ketonerds always feel the need to drink copious ammounts of coffee? Is it because they are always low energy cucks without stimulants?
Seriously there's nothing wrong with low carb but people who go their way to eat less than 50g of carbs a day or even cutting their protein intake while feasting on haf a kilo of lard are fucking insane.

I've heard keto peeps say coffee is supposed to help propel your body into ketosis. Guys doing a few day fasts suggest having some.

>mfw ketofags say that keto improves athletic ability because on keto you don't hit the glycogen wall

I'd like to see one of you deluded fucks try to do 6 hours of cardio a day while getting all your calories from fat

>state of sickness

[citation needed]

>not understanding human history
>not understanding the side effects of glucose vs fat

how dumb are you?

ask someone who lost 60lbs in 3 months on keto diet anything

inb4
>obese
I'm 6'2 was 298 and now I'm 238 and ~18% bf

No ketones and glucose are both converted to ATP in the cell, so both become the same actual energy, its just they give off different byproducts, Ketones give off mainly Acetone as the (Unusable) byproduct) that gets wasted, and glucose produces CO2 as the main waste product. Its all the same stuff basically just different fuel same result different waste product. CO2 and Acetone are both just exhaled.

so if running on ketones can cure some diseases, and running on glucose metabolizes some diseases...

Ten thousand years of agriculture Vs Millions of years of hunter gatherer and heavy organ meat and fat consumption and long fasts.

:thinking:

id like to see one carb eater do that vs one that is adapted to burning fats effectively and both have fasted for 24 hours.

How do I exercise while on keto? Won't my lifts suffer?

calling it a state of sickness is retarded but increasing the acid load on the body is a documented Bad Thing

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12148098

And ketogenic diets can also increased the lipid levels in the blood to an abnormal amount, which can increase risk of heart disease and irregular menstruation

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16523530

yes, but who cares? you're trying to lose weight right? lower weight and do more reps

it all comes down to what you want

I am currently 200 pounds, 5'11". What kind of monthly weight loss can I expect?

What kind of daily calories should I aim for?

Is 30g carbs the limit?

Is it necessary to maximize fat? I'm pretty happy with chicken breast.

Why would anyone do 6 hours of cardio to begin with....??

Sickness?

Dumb nigger.

>first study is low carb high protein, not keto
>second doesn't actually say anything

Most effective starting limit is sub 20g but it varies person to person. Most people go 20g wait until they know its working then raise it until they find ketosis stops then just gradually find the middle ground.

I'm just too lazy to do that and eat sub 20g daily

Meat back during hunter gatherer times is so different than meat today. The fat content in farmed meat is so absurdly high compared to wild that no group would ever have a high fat diet.

once you start keto (or once you get into ketosis), you can expect to lose between 15-20lbs in the first month IF you actually commit to it

eat at a caloric deficit, just to be on the safe side. but it doesn't have to be ridiculously lower, ~200kcal less would do

do under 20g/day

yes it is necessary. if you overconsume protein then that too will get transformed into glucose

Water weight from losing all your glycogen.

>Don't overconsume protein
Fuck. I love protein shakes. What counts as overconsumption?

why keto when you can just fast?

Because fat fucks have no discipline.

>specifically mention fatty organ meats like liver, kidneys, intestines, brain and so forth
>still not getting it.

>Civilization was generally an unhealthy move by humans.
*life expectancy increases by 50 years*

Something doesn't add up. I just used a keto calculator that says I should be eating 90g protein per day and 170g fat per day. Even if I eat nothing but pork shoulder, there's no way I can hit 170g fat without going over 90g protein. Am I supposed to eat nothing but bacon? This makes no sense.

yes you brainlet

eat fatty meat, sour cream, cheese, sunflower seeds, eggs, canned sardines/sprats in olive oil, avacados, the list goes on. just mind your macros and make sure you don't over eat

>fasting
>burn fat effortlessly
>hgh like a motherfucker so don't lose any gains
>never hungry
>always have steady energy
>no post meal brain fog after each meal
>no mid day drowsiness
>not using a shitty diet to trick my body into staying in ketosis
>don't have to waste TDEE on pounds of meat and eggs

Keto cucks BTFO

I have a few questions about fasting.

How do you know when to break the fast?

How many calories do you eat when you break the fast? Do you resume normal daily calories?

>tfw keto while IF

you pleb

>IF
>thinking not eating for 16 hours is fasting
Pussy

When you want to eat. However much you want. I do OMAD with 3+ day fasts to cut.

How about exercise? Should I do low weight lifts exclusively?

Everything I have read suggests long medium strain activities like light weight lifting and walking to maintain longer periods of activity. Sprinting will diminish glycogen stores and you'll want to eat a giant bowl of spaghetti.

That said I have been on keto diet for 3 weeks and have been getting terrible cramps and poor recovery time for lifting. I am sore for 3 days after lifting. Started drinking v8 for potassium etc and it helps for a little bit.

What are some go to things to eat? I have a pretty decent line up but mainly consists of salad with hard boiled egg, tomatoes and bacon or vegetable soup/chili, or just broccoli and green beans cooked with onion and bacon. I would also recommend staying away from alcohol, even clear like vodka, it will fuck you up and dehydrate you even faster. Guaranteed cramping the next day.

why not both?

exercise on the days you eat

C6H12O6 Is literally what your brain NEEDS to function you stupid fuck.

Most people coming off of Keto relapse hard; gaining shit loads of weight.
Cavemen thrived on a mostly keto diet and they only lived to 35~.
>Why deprive your body of nutrients to cut weight, when you can just lower your calories
>|

>Cavemen thrived on a mostly keto diet and they only lived to 35~
>Why deprive your body of nutrients
Pretty sure this is bait

someone who is ACTUALLY on keto, on 6th week now
>am on roughly 1000kcal deficit
>no hunger, despite big deficit
>lost 7kg, 2" on waist
>still have the EXACT same strength as before, 2/3/4/5
>have alot more mental clarity
>feel amazing
all you glucose cucks can go fuck yourselves lmao
enjoy your addiction

quality post

Anybody every tried the steak and eggs variation of keto?

So keto is good?

>only lived to 35

get a load of this brainlet

combat?