/run/ - Running General

Post running-related stuff, advice, charts, pics, whatever.
Are you running as much as you'd like Veeky Forumsbros? I finally found the motivation to go running today after being a tame piece of shit for 2 months. Glad I did but my knees felt fucking broken afterwards.

Bump
where's all the anons with patrician sport choices

I never contribute to anything so here’s my redemption post. Here’s a running/pushup routine with some useful information. The only thing is you’ll look like a weeb when you check it for details at the gym.

thanks, no worries, I never go to an actual gym

I actually am at the moment. Ive done 150 km in two weeks now, which is probably where my goal is.
Right here, crazy enough to love history's oldest sport.

Snowed so my normal route around town is fucked. Gotta wait a couple days.

> Was getting to not complete trash status with running and lifting
> Got injured
> Lost all motivation to train and will to live
> depression.wav
> Mostly through injury rehab
> Started lifting and running again though can't barbell squat, have to hack squat/ bulgarian split

Currently running every other day and add 0.5k to each run to get me back up to running 10k asap.

It still sucks just as much as it always did.

I'm looking for a good hydration vest, anyone have any tips?

Don't progress too fast, especially if you've been injured. 0,5 k every other day is quite the increase

About to head out for a run my self now, wish me luck

good luck user and mostly have fun!
Also wear warm clothes. I was an idiot today and went running in the cold for an hour in just my T-shirt, not a good idea

Good luck user

REEEEEEEE all the fucksticks in town for the Superbowl are crowding out my favorite routes and littering. Go fuck up your own city, assholes.

How do you run outside in Minnesota in the winter anyway?

t. Floridanon

Swedish runner here, you either learn to run in extreme cold or you don't run at all. A lot of layers and warm up

Hat, gloves, and windproof clothes. The cold is fine, but getting frostbite on your dick from the wind hurts.

haah both of you are getting cuckolded by somalis

I don't even know where to begin with this

I have never been diagnosed, or even seen a doctor about it because I don't have asthma attacks, but I'm pretty sure I have mild asthma. It becomes more difficult to breathe when running. This is especially true in cold air. Is there anything that has helped asthmatics out there with this? Or does anyone have a similar experience?

>tfw I got a really bad stitch half way through and I had to walk the rest of it.

That sucks, you'll do better next time

Aw, too bad man. You never know when these are gonna come

Bumping

Did day 1 of c25k today. Anyone else do this to begin with?

ran 4.25 miles today. trying to run a half marathon in may and i think i'll have no problem working up to that distance. gonna try to add a mile every week to my long runs

>It becomes more difficult to breathe when running
Yeah happens to everyone, you're doing cardio.

>This is especially true in cold air
Also happens to everyone, cold air fucks the mucus lining of your lungs IIIRC (I might not) but anyway it makes it far more painful to breath.
Both of these can be remedied by running more, though personally the cold still destroys me.