Anons that went back in college at older ages

I was a motivated student. I tried for med school after my baccalaureat and failed, despite getting close to having a passing grade into second year.

I doubled another year and failed also.

I got depressed, went to a psyward, and was put on meds. I stopped them soon after.

It's been 4 years and I still feel like fucking shit. I just don't know what to do. I was bornin 1994, recently turned 23. I'm not dumb, I'm hard working when I need to be, but I just feel so fucking lost right now.

All my former accointances are living the life while I'm still at the starting point.

What the fuck am I even supposed to do now. I tried nursing, dropped soon after because the job is livin hell, an poorly remunerated (not like in the US at all, here it's an underpaid profession).

Please help.

tons of people change courses in the middle
23 is not old at all

Take out a trade, I just started going to school at 23 and I have to say, being in classrooms full of impressionable 18 year old sluts is fucking great

>"older ages"
>recently turned 23

Please stop

what is your baccalaureate in?

Pick something and finish the degree. That's all you gotta do. Chances are if something else suits you better, it'll come across your path and you can start doing that after finishing the first program. Also unironically watch Jocko Willink and JBP. They both talk about this sort of shit.

Just go back to college and this time make fucking sure you pass every exam. NEVER be doubtful going into an exam fucking ever. Get your diet in order, establish a good routine and force yourself to socialize. These can be the most productive and fun years of your life while also improving your strength fitness etc. If you're doing all 3 at the same time as the result come in you'll feel more and more motivated. Fucking go for it user, you can do it.

Économique & social.

>23
>Im 27 with a 20k working a deadend job who’s going back to uni
Suck it up buttercup, just be happy you caught it this early. Ignore life, hunker down and study hard. Don’t be like me and coming into your 30s by the time you get your degree

Try this board is specifically for fitness and fitness accessories

keep it up, man

we're all gonna make it

>29 working minimum wage with lots of debt and never went to uni in the first place, let alone "going back"

These. Fucking. Feels.

Me.

I went for my bachelors at 22. I'm 25 now and about to graduate. It isnt too late if you really want it.

>22yo
>already halfway through masters in mechatronics
>attractive, healthy, happy
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHABABABBABABAHAHAHAHHA

I'm out after 3 semesters (close to turning 23). Spending the next two years paying off student loans, then going back into a new major with an aim towards a PsyD degree.

Mean

This.

Jesus christ OP, your problem is that you're a 23 yo who thinks like an anxious and insecure 16 yo.

>26
>Cum Laude in Accounting
>Haven't been able to find an accounting job in years

Feels bad man

Fucking how?
here with accounting and I already have a job lined up and had multiple internships at fortune 500s. I was doing variance analysis without the degree.

Your autism must be extreme to the point where you bomb every fucking interview or some shit dude.

I had enough of my life as a bartender at 26. I moved to another country within EU and went to uni. BA in Civil Engineering. I was one of the oldest in my year. Finished the school, made some good friends, divorced my wife and got a motorcycle. Now work as an architect and am doing masters in the best Uni of this country.

Life is fun. I also have a beard and look like a 50 year old hobo.

literally me

>21
>already finished my degree
>making 200k per annum
get on my level pleb

Thanks m8. hell yea we are
Slow and steady man. There’s no rush. Maybe jump over to Udemy and pick up some data analysis/program courses. Something to keep your mind ticking.
Congrats man, that’s awesome! I wish I had my life together like that at 22

im not even intelligent just work very hard

That takes a lot of courage. Op here and actually thought about taking up civil engineering too, no idea if the demand is high in this domain though.

What did your masters in ,?

Good for you. I was too much of a cunt to do things in the right order.

Mastering in building materials, heat tranfer and management. If things go well, I will wiggle over to architecture department.

Civ.Eng is a good place to go to. You can work in a wide variety of places. Const.management, BIM management, procurement, site supervisor, HVAC installation, HVAC engineer, automation and so on.

>start uni at 19, straight into 3rd year of 4 year honours degree because 2 years at college is equivalent qualification
>fail so badly they kick me out and don't even let me repeat any classes
>work shit job full time for two years
>go back to uni at 22
>fail again
>not so bad this time, get to repeat a class
currently 24 and still haven't got past 3rd year
>don't know whether to graduate in summer with an ordinary degree or stay on and finish the honours year in summer 2019 when I'm almost 26

What the fuck have I been doing with my life

>What the fuck have I been doing with my life
failing classes, probably because of shit study habits

> 28
> flunked out of college, never went back, and most of my friends graduated, now making bank working for big companies

all we can do is keep pushing forward

user, where do these pictures keep coming from?

I want more!

I’m getting my masters in geology but I am planning on getting my mba so I can run my own business at some point and become a millionaire

user! read this!

I got a masters in Electrical Engineering, and then got an MBA.
Unless you go to an ivy league school and can make awesome connections, then an MBA isn't worth it.
It just makes you a really really good middle manager. A golden cog in a shitty machine.
I wish I had just started my business earlier. I don't use anything my MBA taught me, despite getting straight As.

Start your business now. Don't wait to fill in a checkbox.

You're not alone, friend.

>this doesn't help at all
BUT I MEAN HEY.

Exact same case here
Any French anons to help us out

you've still got a few years before you're on my level - 28 this year and may or may not be accepted back to do my 3rd year.
There will always be people doing better than you, but there will always be people doing worse too.
You'll be ok if you want to be, badly enough

>21
>double major
>on a 5 year track
>majors by themselves aren’t really hot on the job market (International Studies: middle eastern focus and poli sci)
>BUT I’m gonna be an officer in the army when I graduate so I have automatic job security
>also learning Arabic and I might get a third major in that if I feel like it

Feels pretty good. I’m also in shape and attractive

It’s never too late to get higher education or if you’re too much of a brainlet for that join the Military, get paid to be trained in a job, get that TS security clearance and then go into the private sector and make $$$$$$$$

Trouve-toi un CFA et un employeur.
Apprentissage si

CFA ou institut de formation*
Ça dépendra de ton âge.

>31
>Divorced cheating whore
>Shit hit the fan and I picked up my shit and went back to school to finish my degree I stopped pursuing to help family and her with everything else

Never leave yourself behind, senpai. Pick your shit up, forge forward.

>hate school here
>want out
>get an offer to move in with lifelong friend about 3 hours away
>parents will be pissed if I drop out and live with him
>moderately excited but still afraid to go
>not sure if I can handle community college and a job at the same time
I'm 19 if that helps at all

Don't live for your fucking parents

>be me
>go to college at 18
>0.3 GPA
>turn 21 and go to bootcamp
>4 years service in navy
>back to school at 24
>graduating this fall 2018 in cell and molec bio
>current employed in lab as graduate research despite having no degree
>make decent 25 an hour
>no plans after graduation
>want to do med school but gf of 6 years say user no, thats too long

i'm old as fuck OP. 23 is still really young. even right now i'm unsure what to do after graduation.
suggestions anyone?

pic unrelated

i'm turning 29 next month FYI. current gpa is 3.35 so it's not too bad.

Don't let your girl hold you back. You're supposed to support each other. If she's wife material, she'll work to pick up the slack.

desu i considered myself a competitive candidate until this year.
my gpa has slumped quite a bit. i held a 3.7 for 3 years then i was whatever when i realized i didnt "NEED" to put in 110% effort anymore.
i'm considering pharm school but i have no pharm experience.
how's my competitiveness for pharm acceptance with 1 year lab experience + navy veteran + 3.35-3.4 gpa? anyone know?
this probably belongs on Veeky Forums or /adv/ but i'll take my chances

Dude, I'm 25 out of the Army and learning to civilian in college rn, you're fine man. Just taker it one step at a time. If you gotta just take one class a semester to roll back into it, do it.

And dont compare your life to other people, especially what you see on instagram, people will only show their best selves on it.

I believe in you user, we're all gonna make it

Just fucking go. Remember that living with a friend can go to shit if you are not careful.

And OP I'm -93 fuck up who is also going back this year.

don't forget to network with the VA office at school and with other student veterans

my school in bay area has tons of job listings for a broad scope of majors

have your parents paid for you college so far? also what degree are you doing?

I feel like I need to have them be happy about what I'm doing. I don't know, I have a compulsive need to have everybody in my life be proud of me.

Thanks, but I think I'll be fine. I have another friend down there who's a few years older than me and they're pretty much just going to make sure I'm not fucking up.

I have free tuition because of some loophole because I have relatives who work for the college, but it's a shoddy liberal arts college. I was planning on doing political science, but I'm not officially committed to a degree. And PoliSci seems bad anyways.

I'm turning 29 soon and I'm going back to college right now. One of my younger friends just had a child and here I am, still in school. I understand why it could be bothering, but try not to worry too much about that. You'll find out that you're the one that gives the most importance to where you should be in life at your age, everyone is too busy with their own stuff to care. Just try to find something that makes you happy. If going to college to get a job you feel better doing makes you happy, it's the right thing to do.

Sorry for bad english.

bs

This. I'm interning at Deloitte next year before my final year at uni. Slightly above average student - but I fucking ace the interviews. Treat interviews as a separate module and dedicate time to it. Read more books, study orators etc.

>not sure if I can handle community college and a job at the same time
Literally everyone that goes to community college works. It’s doable but I wouldn’t recommend working more than two or three days a week.

Go back on the meds. Human medical science and understanding did not develop for thousands of years just to be ignored.

When the first ancient peoples started setting broken bones in casts to aid healing, there were probably people that stuck with "the old ways". And they became fucking cripple with fucked up bones.

We developed the medicine for a reason. Take it. Don't "suck it up".

Take your meds for a few weeks then go back to school or learn a trade.

Just do a programming course or something and start a job in that. Smart people can do well in that field. Once you start a proper job you will learn discipline and excel

Be aware if it's out of state you may lose your tuition price and have to pay double. Don't live for your parents fuck them, I was a shut-in NEET in the basement and left home at 19 for basically the same thing a state away, never looked back and regret absolutely nothing.

10$ has been deposited into ur account

I hated the college my parents made me go to when I graduated from hs and wound up withdrawing after two semesters. They said they would never help me with college again. I ended up working retail for five years and just assumed I’d never be able to afford to go to a decent college, but a customer ran me down one day and convinced me to try again. It turned out that I get better financial aid because of my age, and it’s paid for every semester so far. I saved the leftover money to buy a laptop and take winter/summer classes.

I kind of resent the way my family treated the situation because my sister constantly criticized me for wanting to go to college, and my parents would say things like “get a job as a bank teller.” Ignoring them and taking control of the situation really helped.

Might as well add, I started going back at 24. I get financial aid from the college and the FAFSA Pell Grant.

Have fun at the internship man, it is nice to go back to school with 10k or so in your back pocket as well. I know a 4.0 honors student that can't get an interview for her fucking life because she has no personality. It is kind of sad actually, but in a work environment she would muck up the synergy.

*internship not interview
She has bombed dozens of fucking interviews.

Thanks, user. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

It's in-state, but the school I'm in right now is private so I'm sure that complicates things even more. Plus, I want to go to a community college to save on money and take gen-eds.
Did your parents get angry at you moving out?

I'm really scared this is going to be my situation. I'm glad you made it, though.

Wow thank you, my greatest (((ally))). I can tell you are giving good advice by that witty and olitically image macro. Calling my doctor right now to get me happy feels pills rn.

I went back to college at 23. At the beginning it's rough; you live back with your parents, everyone is fucking young, but then again not that young. You see your peers graduating and progressing in life.

But at the end of the day, you're gonna be 27 anyway. Might as well be 27 with a good job.

why do you keep posting this, Frenchie?

@baileyillustration ig

I dropped out and I'm starting again next year. So I'm not only 4 years behind I'm khv too. I think you are good

Please OP, I'm 28 and only starting part time study (Bsci) this October. Will take years to finish and then I either have postgrad or postgrad med after.

Don't worry about where other people are, at 23 you are too young to realize but you meet and forget about people every couple of years and they will do the same. You're at least doing something you love, while they are cucked to their car finances and fetching their bosses pressed suits.

>about to turn 27
>second semester of nursing school
>will have ADN in a year and a half
>will get BSN a year after that

At least I'll have all this shit done before I'm thirty.

lmao I'm 19 and I already have my phd. I work for companies like Google and Facebook. Get on my lvl, faggot.

post a timestamped pic of that work id you don't have larpboy

>27
>failed my senior project for CompSci 2 years ago
>Haven't been back since
>feel like I'm unable to learn
Send help

I'm an army nurse and my contract ends when im fucking 28 bro. Then I'll back in school for a second bachelor's. I find the prospect exciting. And none of this nursing shit has ANYTHING to do with my first degree.

My mom is 53 and she's about to finish her nursing degree. Top of her class and she has arthritis.

Its never too late to make it bro. Just focus on the good things and always do your best.

>was in community college for 3 years
>transferred to nice 4 year school
>did poorly in 4 yr school
>back in CC retaking some old classes
>parents want me to go back to 4 year school and get my degree in Finance
>they don't know that I hate my degree, classes and people that I go to school with

I don't know what I want to do with my life guys. I'm 25 and I've just been going to school and working at shitty places for the past 7 years. I feel like I am too dumb for school and just too aspie for a real job.

I've been told to try and get into tech because a lot for those hobs don't require a degree, but idk if its worth it.

I've got a tech resume and web portfolio of all of the projects I have made in the last six months with a popular JS framework, PHP, Node, the whole dev gamut. All self-taught. I've applied to HUNDREDS of positions and have gotten two/three callbacks, with no interviews.

Now I'm 25 working 2 dead-end jobs with no future prospects aside from spending the next 2/3 years in school to finish an expensive degree that I don't need because I already have the skills.

Shit sucks m80.

>23
>old

Fucking hell. I just started my PhD and I'm 26. You can literally go back whenever.

>being in classrooms full of impressionable 18 year old sluts is fucking great

I re entered uni as well at 23. I wish I had enough game to fool around with some 18 years old. I'm too much of an autist to do shit like that.

>cuckatronics
Muh quaternions and embedded coordinate systems

I'd rather die

Like OP I was born in 1994 and am trying to get back into it now. I rarely post here but I would feel bad if I didn't at least thank you guys for the motivation here. Sometimes when you are going through something it's hard to put it into perspective without being pessimistic and reading this has helped me after a bad day. I wish you all well

Girls like older guys more which is fucking great

Hey man I'm 1994 too and just entered my second year of CompEng. There is a lot of us, you aren't alone. Just gotta keep the grind up.

>feel like I'm unable to learn
I know how this feels. What I don't know is if I should blame the learning environment more for it or me being bad at adapting to it. Try some online stuff user, it helped me get my confidence back. Coursera or HarvardX or even Khan has some cool stuff

>It's been 4 years and I still feel like fucking shit. I just don't know what to do. I was bornin 1994, recently turned 23
Are you literally me? I haven't given up hope. Going back this summer term. We're gonna make it

godspeed my dude

>28
>2 BAs one in psych other in accounting
Always had an interest in medicine but lacked the confidence that a poor kid could go to medical school...This summer I start a post-baccalaureate pre-med program.

Follow your dreams, don't settle for someone elses.

i worked 30+ hours a week and had 15 credit hours at community college and managed just fine, it's hard but you can do it if you set your mind to it and have good habits.

>tfw dropped out in 2008, haven't done anything since
26 now, my only recent achievement is not being underweight anymore, but the weight i gained is all fat, i'm still extremely weak

>
Pic is funny as shit

I feel like a shit cunt for graduating at 25 when I "should've" graduated at 22~, but I think it's gonna be alright.

Will employers think its weird that it took someone years to finish their degree? Like if a 23 year old and a 36 year old went in for the interview, would the younger guy ave a better chance in getting the job?

What if you don't have dreams? What if life feels like a detached series of meaningless events you're forced through before being put in the ground?

pretty sure youre the same guy from /pol/

>23 but went to med school and nursing school already
what? you mean pre-med? nigger most people are 22 when they get into grad school in the US

Pretty sure yes