Is vitamin D a scam?

I tried it for a few weeks and I felt absolute shit on 4k IU a day. What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

suppversity.blogspot.de/2015/10/study-probes-muscle-building-effects-of.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's created from the sun. What, you thought they've been on the sun and back?

>be me
>see doctor for depression and foggy head
>blood tests show I have dangerously low levels of vitamin d (becasue I'm a pale ginger fuck and hate the Sun)
>perscibes me 100,000 IU's of D (no joke) to take in the course of 2 days, and after that, she said to take 3000 IU's daily
>feel so good and warm inside

Not a scam.

10000 IU/day most days due to my work schedule
Occasionally go out to a nude beach nearby too

Vit. D is only something white people have to worry about. For you, it's absolutely a scam.

But darker skinned people make less vitamin d3 in the sun compared to lighter skin.

so much fail.

lmao all shades of non-humans have to take extra care of their vitamin d, especially when living in human climates.

The majority of the population doesn’t get enough vitamin D, everyone should be taking supplements for it

In winter is problem so gotta be out more ...summer whites wear sunblock which screws em again

Do you actually take 100000 daily? Isn't that bad for you? Please elaborate user? That sounds unsafe.

lmao. No. My mom is Columbian and had horrible depression before they told her that her vitamin d was low. She thought the same thing becasue she isn't white. Very untrue. Retard.

Dont worry if you are not white you shouldnt supplement for it

Not true people with darker skin are nore prone to vitamin d defficiency if they are not getting enough sun

That's backwards you fucking tard

For the elderly it definitely is not a scam, for youth it's unclear.

suppversity.blogspot.de/2015/10/study-probes-muscle-building-effects-of.html

You have that backwards dingus. Paler skin = more natural production of vitamin D.

It's something only people LIVING OUTSIDE THE EQUATORIAL ZONES have to worry about.
Most of those people are white, all right, but black people that moved up north? they're screwed, and HAVE to supplement it.

Try taking it at noon.

It's made by sunlight, particularly mid-day sun, and timing may be important for signalling.

I just took a study board thing here at my Uni that was supposedly based around sports and behavior, and this qt3.14 in yoga pants was wearing a thong I could clearly see the outlines of.
I had arrived early and started walking around to see what was up with the place, I hadn't been on this floor before, let's see what's going on around here.
>go back to room where study begins
>qt3.14 has me fill out paperwork
>"do you take vitamins on a daily basis?"
>"if yes, explain."
>One A Day Mens Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Magnesium/Calcium/Vitamin D/Zinc supplement
>3 pages of hockey questions
>stare at her ass from the study room's beginning room all the way down the halls to the real study room
>"Okay user, just fill out this paper here and you're free to go."
>>How many couches are there at the entrance?
>>What four pictures did you see outside the entrance here?
>>How many labs did we pass on our way to this room?
>>What's this room's number?
>>How many papers are on the bulletin by the entrance to the door to this hall?
>>etc.
tfw my increased testosterone just probably gave vitamins and supplements a bad name
sorry guys, won't happen again

you type like a nigger

Nope.

Eastern European here living in the UK. I used to get so depressed even looking at the weather. I used to constantly complain about the weather, but since taking vitamin D supps I’ve felt so much better.

It’s made a huge noticeable difference and I intend on supplementing it while I’m still in the UK

How much vitamin D should one take? I get seasonal affective disorder, I think, since my anxiety/mood is worse in winter

None unless you know you have a deficiency confirmed with a blood test. 1000-2000 IU is a common daily dose. 5000 IU is tolerable. 10000 IU might be a bit much long term. 100000 IU is what you'll be given for a week if you have a deficiency.

Or you could literally spend 5 minutes outside with your shirt off at lunch time.

no, you probably don't. you should smoke a joint for once and just chill the fuck out.

I guess I could spend 5 minutes outside with my shirt off, but it's -5 degrees outside right now. Earlier in the winter it was as low as -20 during lunch time.

Combined with some wind, it can easily be 5-10 minutes to get frostbite.

I stopped smoking weed because it contributed to my anxiety you retarded stoner

>going outside
What the fuck is wrong with you?

>northern US
>winter with sunlight
Pick one

anxiety is short term, mental retardation is for life
have fun with that

you can overdose on vitamine d

people are irersponsibly taking huge amounts of it , it's pretty fukcing stupid

>everyone lives in california: the post