Senpai, I'm thinking about joining a local crossfit gym

Senpai, I'm thinking about joining a local crossfit gym.

>Shit looks fun as fuck.
>accountability
>THOTs
>overall athletic performance is the focus
>have a coach in-person tell me what I need to work on (not just self-diagnose myself with anterior pelvic tilt, quad dominance, lack of thoracic mobility, or whatever flavor-of-the-week imbalance I think I have)

Only downside is price, but I'm fuckin' rich bitches. I'll pay anything to take it to the next level

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7-5gbtfOY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what do you want? a pat on the back? Do you need permission.

Do it faggot.

he wants validation and approval

can't be doing things if Veeky Forums thinks you're a faggot for doing them right?

crossfit is the reddit/adhd version of a gym
social media tards wanting to do the next hip thing they see and gullible retards rushings their exercises because it looks fun

do it but never post here again

Enjoy your injury and shit gains.

Don't expect the coach to know wtf he is talking about. Crossfit is a borderline cult with their licences etc.

>been going to crossfit for 2 years
>lost tons of weight
>start lifting on my own 3 days a week
>add a boxing routing 2 days plus runnin' on the weekend
>never felt before in my life
>barely go back to Veeky Forums anymore because i know they'll just shit on everything anyway
Sometimes i miss the fat hate, Veeky Forums grill and motivation threads, but life's been good.

faggots like you
wew
Results talk. and if you cant take the banter stay on reddit.
People are such faggots.
I cant even

Fate people hate gets ruined by crybabies these days anyway

I’d go to plebbit but idk how to use that shithole site at all, plus its easy to bait fags here.

crossfit gyms are unironically the best options in many places, they usually have loads of bars and racks, boxes, etc
actually doing crossfit is ghey tho lmao

haha joke's on you my gf is a trap.

>g

And they force/pressure you to workout with them if you enter in peak hours.

you can just tell them to fuck off if you're not a spineless faggot

Make fun all you want. You will never encounter anything to lift over one pl8 in the real world. These people train for athletic performance and endurance, and it's a psychological training as well.

Meanwhile, you think you're tough cause you lift 1/2/3/4 pl8s but can't run a mile, can't fight cause no endurance, can't do shit. Your muscles are just for show. Pussy.

Check out the programming first man. If they follow the crossfit HQ garbage run far far away, but if the owner/trainers are running actual well thought out programs designed to increase strength and endurance you'll have a great time.

I trained at a crossfit/powerlifting hybrid gym for a year. Shit was fucking awesome. Each workout had a strength training section that was powerlifting based and a cardio/conditioning section.

For an idea of the average level of athleticism I was one of the weaker/slower guys, but I my bench/power clean/squat/deadlift numbers when I left after 8 months were 275/225/375/425 and I ran a 5k in 21 min without any cardio other than our regular conditioning. From a pure powerlifting standpoint those numbers aren't great and from a running standpoint that run time wasn't too impressive, but that was the most all around level of fitness that I've ever had. I'm not even including the yoga classes, strongman workouts, or guided ruck marches that they'd also run on the weekends.

So yeah, if there's a GOOD crossfit gym nearby I'd join in a heartbeat mang.

Thanks! Will do.

There are a few around here and some seem to only follow the WOD, and seem pretty shit-tier.

This one seems good, but it would help to do a little due diligence

Can I ask what your monthly membership was?
The one I'm thinking of going to is $230USD/mo
PS, why did you stop going there?

I moved to a new city unfortunately. At the time the membership was $100/month (USD), which was pricey, but for the amount of time I spent there it was well worth it.

That being said this was in the south where everything is generally cheaper, so I could see a similar gym being more expensive elsewhere. $230 is still pretty fucking high though.

>You will never encounter anything to lift over one pl8 in the real world

t. never had a real job soyboy

Also, I DO run AND fight.

Listen buddy. What you really want is to increase your aesthetics. Bodybuilding will do that perfectly for you. Cross fit will get you a decent body but regular bodybuilding will be way more efficient. Also for building a woman's physique Crossfit sucks ass. You want a women that is doing upper body work? No thanks senpai

In the words of great bro-scientist Dom Mazzetti:

"CrossFit is great, because you don't have to worry about exercising FOR a goal, because exercising IS the goal.

If you're looking to build the physique of what success tastes like, then CrossFit is not for you.
If you're looking to get really good at moving fast for an hour, then CrossFit's more your thing.

It's the difference between building a house, and being really good at putting nails in a board..."

nevermind, I was way off.

It's $175 for the first month (1-on-1 sessions for the first 2 weeks), then $120 after that.

Not sure where I got the 230 number.

Still, if I got results and legit training, I'd pay $230/mo in a heartbeat.

>You want a women that is doing upper body work?
y-yes ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7-5gbtfOY
the moment any says cross fit this is all I can think of

>He pays over $2500 A year to go to the gym

>doesn't know how much squatting, deadlifting, kettlebell swangin', and oly lifting crossfit chicks do
>not to mention all of the endurance from the conditioning

Plus, who'd you rather be around? A figure competitor 8 weeks out that's always tired/hungry or a thicc shawty from crossfit that isn't as ripped, but can out perform the body building chick in nearly every way in and out of the bedroom.

That's not too bad. Having an intro class isn't too unusual either. Considering most crossfit gyms focus on group workouts the newcomers typically try to hang with people way out of their league at first and can possibly snap their shit up in doing so.
The place I mentioned above () started doing before I left it to make sure anyone joining.

It'll also give you a chance to evaluate the instructors as well. I don't know your level of experience, but if you know your way around the main lifts you'll know pretty much immediately if they're feeding you bs about squat mechanics, bench, etc. Be ready to possibly do a ton of oly lifting as well. Some crossfit gyms love it, others don't really fuck with it.

I don't see a problem with this if it's a nice gym

what a FUCKING cutie