What scares the shit out of you at the gym?

what scares the shit out of you at the gym?

People trying to talk to me.

Everything. Glad I have my home gym

Crowded gym, excluding staffs, I like to be the only one in the gym.

Not making it

Seeing someone locking their knees on the leg press.

Finding a familiar face as I try to correct my body.

Girls

Deadlifting

Yep, I flirt as much as I can, start convos with random people anytime I can, etc. etc. But when it comes to being in that gym I can't fucking stand people approaching me, it's the only reason I actually spray every machine down that I use, and I'm too scared to start doing deadlifts, squats, and benches.

Some faggot trying to give me form advice and sticking around to see if I do it correctly

Seeing someone I knew from highschool.

I don't fear Snap City, but I make sure to always respect it.

>graduate from uni and get serious about lifting
>run into guy I knew from track
>was a tiny guy, looked like a six year old
>now tall and ripped to shreds
>meanwhile college me turned from reasonably fit to fatass
Oh god it still hurts

Deadlifts

fucking up my back

Just signed up to a gym last week and this is my fear. Theres a gym at the end of my street but everyone from school goes there so I'm going to one in town a bus journey away. However once I get to a decent shape/size I will see about moving to the local gym

highschoolers lifting more than me but knowing less, doing stupid shit moves.

28-40 y/o women

Weight slipping out of my hands, falling on me smashing my ribs and cutting up my lungs when doing bench presses

The small curly haired guy I knew from high school joined the military and now he looks like a bald, jacked baby

I had to leave my gym on Saturday around 2pm because there were too many people.

I was waiting forever to get on a bench or a machine. No space whatsoever.

Apparently there are 4,000 or so members and there's only one bench press and two squat racks. Fucking stupid.

Some gym manager who thinks they're tough shit telling me I can't deadlift in my socks or worse not being able to deadlift at all

urge to shit
not just admiting defeat to go use the gym toilet, trying to do another lift

I got that shit before and we had a yelling contest because I was autistic until he told me he was going to revoked my membership.

locking your knees is perfectly safe user, the people you see with folding knee syndrome are A. hypermobile and should probably not be doing heavy axial loading on any exercise or B. 1/100th repping weight they have no business using

Wtf why??
Why cant you diddly in socks? I dont do that myself but i do it for squats no one has ever said shit.

Maybe your feet smell like putrid donkey ass flesh? I dont get it.

Honestly every now and then I think about a freak accident happening when Im squatting where my spine severs and I fall down paralyzed for life.

They have a shoes a must policy but I prefer deadlifting without shoes and the yelling begins.

Women

Thats pretty gay tbqh senpai maybe smth against homeless? I hear a lot of US gyns are 24/hr

Dropping a barbell on my neck and having to be helped by a much stronger stranger...again.

Falling backwards while doing OHP and making lots of noise/breaking a weight

Doing a sitting shoulder press/ dumbell press and dropping a 15kg+ weight on my head or face giving myself brain damage or death.

Being asked to spot a stranger in need and being so weak i need to ask someone else to help me help him... again.

Maybe its all for nothing. Maybe i should be travelling, and meeting new people. Maybe its a waste of time. Be physically healthy, yes. But why am i lifting? Do i dream of being a youtuber, or competitor? Am i using my time wisely?Will i regret not fitting into the crowd more?

Should i just focus on being happy and eating pizza rather than doing cardio at 6am and eating boiled chicken? Will it be worth it in the end?

>and then the yelling began

Being talked to/having to talk to other people. I have left/skipped an exercise because equipment was in use and I was too scared to ask if I could work in.

I can't figure out why my leg keeps bleeding after lifting.

Stop leg pressing with spikes

Crushing my skull doing skullcrushers

Why is this bitch only legpressing 2 pl8s?
I'm a beginner and can do 3 easily

Finally got myself a new chair for my computer after months of back pain. The problem with the old one was that it could only tilt a limited amount.

How do you keep your posture in front of the screen?

while you are right most people don't push themselves enough, there are many reasons why a strong person may want to use a light weight, given we have no context

>and then the yelling began

soccer moms leaving their little brats running around the gym like wild animals
+
gym staff not giving a single fuck about the establishment they work in to control the situation

They could have easily bumped into me squatting and have me falling down and maybe me getting injured, or the little shit being killed by a +100kg weight on their little head. Thank god I don't go to the gym anymore

Fuck, this

I have no clue why anyone would absolutely need to do this exercise with the smith machine. They also never set the safeties so I'm just waiting to see them get permanently injured when their shoe slips off the bar. It's not just thots either, I saw a guy squat 3pl8 then later in his routine do this. I try to understand he probably knows more than me but without even using the safety stops? If someone could explain this terrifying behavior or show me how it is safe, I'd really appreciate it.

someone swapping my squat plug on the drying rack

>Wearing socks in a public place.
>Being so autistic that you can't understand what the problem is.

Ignore them, its a meme. They can easily do leg presses and get the same result.

What was the problem?

that ill never be as good as i want to be

> Deadlifting with socks only
Wow no wonder you people are cast out. You're literally a fucking retard. Assuming you don't have disgusting smelly, nasty feet, you don't know if other people do. Some people bleed on the bars from calluses, sweat on the floor, and some even have warts. Then there you are being a faggot trying to be tough deadlifting without shoes because "muh ankle mobility" that can be achieved without being autistic and using vans/converse/athletic shoes. It's a disgusting habit mate. Grunting is a natural thing too but if you're screaming like a bitch you're just being stupid. Literally DYEL brah
I hope you get gym AIDS

Ripping a fart dead lifting only to find I actually shit myself.

I dream of the day that newbs stop thinking pushing weight at a 45 degree angle with their feet is impressive. Jesus Christ I've heard shit like this since highschool. That dude is not killing himself on the leg press.... That's what squat is for. Stop comparing your weight to anyone elses while you still lift an embarrassing amount of weight.

I cause most of the fear.

People who bounce their deadlifts, deadlift with a cat back, have excessive valgus on their squats, bounce their bench, and people who don't know how to brace.

You're a retard if you can't figure out why deadlifting in socks only is better than deadlifting in running shoes.

Chicks with armpit hair stubble

>implying it makes any different
My gym is a dirty, smelly and the floor has legit aids. As if me taking out my shoes make any difference to it.

People. Seeing regulars and them judging me. The possibility that I may not improve and regulars will notice.

Let them die, brother.

fucking genius, he said converse/athletic shoes not running shoes. allstars are just about as flat as the earth so that's one reason why you don't need to plague other people with your sweaty ass socks

pic related it's you

>not sure if i deadlift with cat back or not
>no sore or pain on upperback though
>touch-n-go bench
a-am i going to make it?

T. socially retarded. I'm aware it's better you fucking sperg, I do it when I workout at home, but it's not very decent out in public. And no, I don't give a shit about being decent to people either, but you literally look like an autistic gaylord wanting to be tough grunting and deadlifting without shoes.
Literally no girl ever is going to see you being a fag and say "wow Stacy look at user over there deadlifting without shoes, I wanna suck his DICK!"

potentially unhygienic feet (i know, shoes aren't clean)
super sweaty feet leaving sweat prints makes people uncomfortable
liability if injury to unprotected feet (yea a shoe isn't going to do much vs a plate, but still)

Are you lifting bitch weight though? Record yourself and check your form before you snap your shit up

Think you know more than Rippetoe, bro?

We're all gonna make it.
You should probably stop doing compounds without a coach though.

i've never seen a smith that goes all the way to the ground anyway. but either way ya that looks retarded

Kek this

Tearing my pec while benching, I have longish arms so when the bar touches my chest the tendon is more stretched that what you usually see in other people, in particular in my left side.

T. Sub 5pl8 deadlifts

Didn't read that, just saw that dongle's post when I opened the thread.

people watching me do any kind of exercise for no reason

>Literally no girl ever is going to see you being a fag and say "wow Stacy look at user over there deadlifting without shoes, I wanna suck his DICK!"
>he has to bring in the girl argument
Come back when you're 18 okay

If your elbow goes below your torso at the bottom rom it will tear at some point.

nothing really scares me since I don't give a fuck what others do and always try to do my exercises with the weight I can handle with proper form
there's tons of stuff that annoys me though. there's this manlet fag (I'm a 1,75m manlet myself) who always thinks he's the shit and spends half of his day at the gym. pretty much talks to everyone and takes up two to three spots at the same time. talked to him once or twice but him shouting to his "friends" through half the gym is retarded as fuck. but hell, what do I know, I feel like people should stick to small (2 or 3 people) groups at the gym or work out alone anyway

Shhhiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeettttttttt, what to do user?

>I try to understand he probably knows more than me
he doesnt

put safeties at the level they need to be for that not to happen

Stop benching or find a coach. Not joking.

Barbell rows, i snapped my shit up bad once with them

That would leave me with the bar around 5.5 inches off my chest, wouldn't that hinder my bench?

Better than Or try incline bench

If you do that for more than a couple weeks, absolutely.

Please disregard this post

Fuck my proportions man

This

try taking a wider grip maybe?

Farting, shitting, or sharting

everyone who replied to this is a dyel who doesn't know that vertical leg presses are an amazing lift

Being gunned down, stabbed or bombed by One of the of niggers, pajeets or other shit skins that have been stinking up my gym
(Figuratively and literally)

Fuck off pol

t. niggerpajeetshitskin

I'm not afraid of the equipment cause i'm not a pussy.

I'm only 'afraid' of stagnating, or not lifting up to my own standards.

I smell niggers!

dropping the barbell on my face when i bench.

Every newbie egolifter puts a shitton of weight on the legpress thinking its impressive. Anyone can legpress a lot of weight. If you wanna measure strenght, squat and deadlift with full depth and correct posture

why do fat people share that they’re fat? this is like announcing you’re incel or ugly its so fucking stupid

I'm afraid that somehow my form is off and I'm slowly grinding my knees and vertebrae to dust

>developed ibs
>poot loudly every time I need to shit
>try to shit whenever no one else is around so no one can hear me farting or flushing the toilet x3 times

This happened while one of the employees was in the locker room, I didn’t notice them until it was too late

having to interact with people scares the fuck out of me.
In my everyday life at work I am in charge as a foreman and people respect me simply because that is my position and I can deliver consequences if they act a fool.
At the gym if someone decides they want to start shit with me I have no recourse that doesnt end up with both of use bloody, going to jail or possibly one of being beaten to death.
I know nothing will really ever happen but its just something in my head...
That and clean and press scares me a little bit, I havent given it a shot because I dont want to make a mistake and hurt myself.