/plg/ - powerlifting general

Don't look down at others especially when they're recording, edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

barbend.com/tom-martin-bicep-tear/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how do I do this, deadlift 415kg like this guy

By injecting steroids

I don't see steroid monkeys at my gym do this.

They all barely deadlift 200kg with mixed grip if they dl at all

He's a genetic freak

Having a case of weaponized autism, good genetics, and injecting a lot of steroids.

They're not lifting for strength then or not injecting enough steroids

>autism
check
>good genetics
failed
>injecting lot of steroids
failed (?)

roiding to lift 200kg...no

Sorry your butt blasted at the fact there are natties that look way better than you. lol litterly kys my dude

are you all jelly

>By injecting steroids
Well, before injecting to become a world-class deadlifter, you need a functional spine. You wouldn't know anything about that, so stick to what you know and just talk about turds.

I said the steroid monkeys at my gym lift 200kg

that guy is like 200cm tall and pulled 415kg with double overhand!

>double overhand

yeah about that...

Hook grip*

there not on steroids if that's all they lift, k

>world-class deadlifter

Um no.. he's a world class steroid user lol

@44640623
kys

>world-class deadlifter
>Um no.. he's a world class steroid user lol
Only a weak keyboard warrior could be so bitchy about an athlete like Tom Martin.

Nice projection, I could care less about how much steroids Tom Martin wants to inject, but he's not an athlete since the only hobby he competes in is "who can inject the most steroids"

how much less could you care tho?

>Tom Martin
Martin totaled 950kg. His final lifts for the meet were a 360kg squat, 210kg bench, and 380kg deadlift.
barbend.com/tom-martin-bicep-tear/

and now he pulls 415kg? That is great development isn't it? Granted it transfers to competition.

What is your best deadlift?

HE must have trained really hard for that oh wait he just injected steroids LOL

I don't deadlift, it's useless and only good for injury.

I'm asking you, dip shit. What is your best deadlift? You ran ph3, so you must be an advanced athlete.

> dip shit.

ooh you almost went a post without projecting ahahhah rekt

Assuming your body weight is around 200 lb, and assuming that you have a 400 Wilks which is suggested to run ph3, I'd like to assume that you're pulling at least 550 lb.

And if you're not, kindly go fuck yourself for talking so much shit with nothing to back it up.

Nice bait 2/10

>talking so much shit with nothing to back it up
Projection of the day hahaha

Not an argument

Who's arguing? I only ever state facts

>I only ever state facts
Then state your dl

Everybody in /fraud/ lifts shit numbers lmao, don't kid yourself .

Why would I do that?

I'm pretty sure they're on steroids since they compete at IFBB bodybuilding.

natural bb is a thing

Hahaa good one

I hope you don't think there's only a single person asking you these questions. You're an annoying cripple faggot who would rather play armchair quarterback than improve himself.

My best deadlift is 600 lb. I pulled it beltless on a deadlift bar a couple weeks ago. This morning I pulled 425 for 10 reps with two to three reps in the tank on my amrap set.

I am not lying, because there is no reason to. I will not post videos or personal information here. This place has picked up some pathetic stalkers.

>not falling for b8
what are you smart now

>single person asking you these questions
Unfortunately there is only and has only ever been you (the guy with the homosexual gay crush on Jim and then there's Dino)

I actually stopped reading your post after the first sentence, so I must apologize for that, but I imagine its probably just loaded with some projections lol

1.) Be artificially bred in a tank by a mad scientist bent on making this species great again by combining the DNA of Captain American and Thor.
2.) Lots of sterons
3.) Meme bar.

not that much bend in that bar tho

not true, I've known roidfags who could only bench 245. Steroids don't get you super strong if you train like an idiot

How much steroids do you think that guy is on?
What about Mike T?

>Mike T
Hes natty

>How much steroids do you think that guy is on?
ive got an inside source saying that hes on a load of tren and sometimes cant even get out of the bed coz hes that fked

There's considerable bend in the bar. A proper bar would have also bent quite a bit will at that weight on it, just not quite as much.

Also, a proper bar isn't 26 mm in diameter because it would bend when you use it for more important lifts. That's the most useful trait of a deadlift bar. It's considerably easier to hold on to.

is your source garagebro?

The dude takes RPE. He's not natty.

have you seen yuri belkin pull 440

hint: he looks like pic related

>sumo
disqualified.

first day of 5/3/1 and omg my session took 35 minutes with warmup as well
is it meant to be this easy??
im even looking 5 cycles ahead and i could do that right now
is there anything better than 5/3/1???

>531
literally dont do it user
it will just crash your lifts

you're supposed to do conditioning for half an hour and drink plasma for another half.

>is there anything better than 5/3/1???
Another lazy mental gde that didn't read the literature, and I'm sure he'll blame his weakness on the program. Congratulations on becoming a meme.

Nigger, those better be kilos. If they're not, you should still be doing Starting Strength.

I'm done with the deadlift. Fucking 200/137.5/160 here, and yes I squat to full depth. Been reading guides, watching videos, trying to work on nailing the form for months. Won't budge.

tbf even if those are in kilos he should be doing ss

Why are you doing 5/3/1?

Have you tried like actually working your back?

my deadlift starting depth was basically a squat, i stopped giving a fuck about 'deadlift needs to be higher than squat' ages ago

BECAUSE MAYBE HE HAS A FUCKING LIFE AND A JOB AND HE REALISES THAT DOING A FUCKING HIGH VOLUME PROGRAM IS GOING TO FUCKING BREAK HIS BODY

The absolute state of 21st "men"

should ijust do TM then?
then what is the go to routine after that???

>doing 5/3/1
lmaooo

Fuck you. I jumped off of 5/3/1 and immediately got injured and fucked up my entire year. RIP 500 lb squat, Rip 400 wilks in 2018. Dance with who brought ya.

I will forever talk about the benefits of a low impact program for people who aren't NEETs now.

>being so much of a gde that doing more than 1 lift per session cripples him
>>>/rockpickinggeneral/

>being such a fucking neet that they can handle high impact programs

>>>/moveoutofyourparents'basementgeneral/

Help me lads

>all this cope
shoulda picked better parents playdough boy lmaaooooo

Can't without video

All this suffering you're seeing?

Is you when you fucking get older. I am inevitable. Maybe it wot be your hamstring, or your adductor; maybe it will be a herniated disc; maybe it will will be a shoulder or a bicep tear - but it will happen to you and you will be laid so low.

>if you push hard you will get owies
woaaahhhh

Dog, an owie is one thing, I have worked through so many owies my friends think I'm a masochist - but to develop chronic injury is just fucking brutal. I have been combating this injury for almost four months now, which is just fuckin brutal when it is a straight up session ender.

I know u b trollin b - just remember that low impact programs have their place.

Honestly bro this is made up by wendler. Bodies deteriorate when they age, no matter who you are and what you do in the weight room. How many older dudes who've never touched a barbell have thrown their backs out?

You've been suckered by wendlers marketing. Rippetoe, wendler, CWS etc, they're all selling products and they all have their niche in the market. Wendlers unique selling point is longevity, which is made up trash.

get a copy of practical programming 3rd edition
there are about a dozen different templates for texas method, several of which bench twice a week, many of which are split programs
there are also several different h-l-m layouts with some devoted to powerlifting
there are athletic-based programs and olympic lifting programs
all your programming needs will be met by getting that book

there's often a copy of ppst3rd on pirate sites, volafile dot org /r/fit is a pretty good exchange site
here's another example program for you

I mean, you're not totally wrong: I am jumping to conclusions based on assumptions and personal anecdotal evidence with a very limited sample size.

>Four months
I rehabbed slipped disc for a full 8-9 months I still get occasional twinge too, still if I went back in time it wouldn't have me doing 5/3/1.
Then again my reason for injury was horrible deadlift form that made Yakobs look like textbook deadlifts.

barbell medicine and also some old guy (but not as old as me lol) who is a cardiac doc and was on the ss forum both have books on training for older guys
funny thing is, old guys actually thrive on higher-intensity main-lift-only styles of programming without a bunch of extra puff-and-fluff bullshit, which is exactly the opposite of the cowshit wendler is selling

rippetoe always credits his mentor bill starr and actually improved upon starr's programs from "the strongest shall survive" especially with respect to beginners. he's also been upfront about crediting pendlay, kilgore, etc. for their contributions to his programming.

wendler's just a fucking ripoff artist. for years he was selling "max effort" shit but when he started ripping off the program he did in high school, he not only didn't give it any credit, but he also fucking neutered it, lowering the intensity of the main lifts, switching from two main lifts a day to only one, getting rid of the high-rep week from the cycle, removing the cleans as a main lift, etc. someone posted a screenshot last year or year before (which i didn't save, darnit!) of wendler on elitefs or some such forum saying that he was all broken down from westside shit and was gonna go back to bfs to rebuild because it always worked for him, and lo and behold, a year later, he's selling a ripoff of bfs

cws is another piece of work. reading that first juggernaut book, it is like he fellated wendler and then spit his cum out all over a high-school level article on block periodization. there's a good reason why cws and juggs no longer use anything like the programming from their first two books.

So if 5/3/1 is a bad routine, whats the /plg/ suggested intermediate training template?

Texas Method with 5x3 deadlifts on volume day, bench focus every week, 5x1 squats and bench on Intensity day, 3x1 deadlifts on Intensity day, OHP moderately on light day, chin ups on light day, dips and curls on volume day, close grip bench press at the end of intensity day, and possibly rows or some such at the end of intensity day.

c 6 w

I think 5/3/1 has it's place but not for an early intermediate.
Stick to tm, the bridge , hlm, memeburn, congujate , clutz, own programming.

5/3/1 is not a bad program, but I don't even know if I can call it a program. I found it incredibly open to improvements made by customizing it yourself, which is to say, I wouldn't touch it until you have some understanding of programming yourself.

Wear a Captain America shirt

Can you run TM or c6w while cutting?

>So if 5/3/1 is a bad routine
It's not.

95% of the faggots that say so are:
>under 350 Wilks
>virgins
>nerds running programs with far too much volume and complexity for their ability
>ADD queers who want a new flavor of weak and gay every 6 weeks.

thanks
i got one from a torrent site
didnt know there were different versions will definitely go forward with TM and leave 5/3/1 out of my view

how do you know if you're intermediate yet?
Lifts for 3x5 are:
OHP: 65kg
Squat: 160kg
bench: 92.5kg
DL (1x5): 185kg

I am still going up on my squat but rotate it in a variation between normal back squats. Bench is still going up. OHP has been stalling for 2 weeks and I've dropped deadlifts in favour of rack pulls, RDLs and bent over rows.
H: 182cm
W: 105kg
Been lifting for 5.5 months

We lift for singles. 5s are for warmup only.

I've ran tm while cutting horrible experience constantly feeling like bubba is having his way with your ass. Don't do it unless you're omega obese or omega weak

Fuck me my legs are dead.

Also I was supposed to do those sets of bench for x7 instead of x8 lel

What would you run while cutting then? Just a routine without progression to maintain?

Everyday deadlift user is this you?

the only way you can have a successful "cut" during a successful TM is your body weight staying the same. This won't last very long essentially because of what said; you're probably not that obese or that weak if you're running TM in the first place.

on texas method and even though i get good sleep, i still nap *hard* after volume and intensity days. normal?

(pic related is the song i was singing in the gym before slamming my diddlies)

Funnilly enough 5/3/1 is not bad on a cut the way I do it though is I pick a number e.g last cut cycle I pick 200kg for my squat I'd go in and hit that for a single then I'd the rest of the routine though I play around with variables I.e remove fluff work etc...

How can I stop hingin so forward on squats? Vid related

Any help would be appreciated

You need cpap mask. Jokes aside that happens to me with deadlift days on memeburn so I'd say it's normal.