Do you get bothered whenever you're at the gym and some stranger asks you to spot them?

Do you get bothered whenever you're at the gym and some stranger asks you to spot them?

>americans

Yes. I'm not their friend; it's like walking past a stranger's house and they ask you to help them clean the gutters.

>Not helping a fellow lifter with their PR
>Being this shit of a gymbro
Never gonna make it

No?

>tfw someone asks you for a spot and you agree
>tfw they amble over to a bench loaded with 455
>sweatingman.jpg
>tfw it goes up faster than you expected
>tfw internal sigh of relief

Yes. Helping people feels nice and makes both his and your life better. His for having someone he can rely on to help him improve. You for having that sense of satisfaction and pride when you help someone.

I always gladly spot someone but god damn I hate when they come to me and stick around after saying hi. Fuck off I'm here to train and doing sets with 10 mins in between because you won't shut up isn't training.

If you need a spot you’re ego lifting.

You can’t call yourself a 2 plate bencher if you can’t do it without someone hovering over you. You should be waiting until 100kg feels like 60kg for you, slowly progressing up there, so by the time you’re benching 2 plates it feels very easy.

You can achieve this by focusing on benching in the high rep ranges with lighter weight and slowly working your way up. Get yourself a 85kg Bench x 25 reps, then aim for 90kg x 20+ reps. If you want to be even safer aim for 95kg x 20 reps. Then once you can do that begin benching 100kg, if you slowly worked up to a 95x20 Bench 100kg is going to feel very easy.

t. Home gym owner

If you don’t want to, say no.

It’s not ego lifting, it’s a good thing to know your maxes in order to track improvement in strength. Also, other routines require lifting at 80%-90%.

Having a spot is better than doing the roll of shame.

t. guy who hates rolling. hurts your fucking cock and gut.

No one asked for your retarded benching advice.

I bet your don’t Bench unless someone hovers over you and pulls the weight up for you on the last few reps because you’re ego lifting

Pitiful

>he nevers pushes himself to the point where he doesnt know if he'll make it

>unironically thinks that's bad

Training to failure is training to fail, kiddo.

So this... Is the power... Of the home gym..

Whoa

"can you spot me?"
"no, the smith machine is over there"

>You can’t call yourself a 2 plate bencher

Imagine being this much of a faggot

/thread

ya youda man bro. ya fuck them. ya fuck friends and strangers.

>advocating 20 reps on anything, ever, besides maybe some random assistance shit

What in the fuck

You autists need to fucking relax. You're in a public space, sharing a facility that both parties are paying for, and one of your fellow gym goers needs your help. It's not like he's asking a lot from you and if you're trying to focus or don't want to be bothered, a simple "Sorry man, I can't now" or "I'm busy but I'm sure someone else will help" will suffice. You are part of a community, so fucking act like it. If you refuse to, then work out at home and stop bringing everyone down with your anti sociality.

lmao you might have actual autism.

No I feel great that they think I'm approachable and strong enough to not drop the weight on them.

>Some guy is about to do exaggerated squats, like 5 plates on each side
>Asks me to film him on his iphone
>Never owned an iphone because too poor
>No idea how to work the camera
>Press the button to start recording
>He does his set then comes back to check the video
>It wasn't recording
>He laughs and tells me its okay
>Awkwardly walk off to other side of gym to do some benching
>He ends up asking someone else to record it for him and has to redo his set
Good thing it wasn't at my usual gym.

Usually no. As long as I'm not about to do a set and resting. The only time I'd be annoyed is if they tried to talk a lot after or if they are doing pussy weight(relative to their strength level). Also don't ask for a spot in the Smith Machine ever. Actually happened to me a few years ago from some middle aged fag who didn't want the bar touching his chest at all.

How the fuck do you enjoy lifting if you aren't pushing yourself? That just sounds boring as fuck.

This is unironically right

Use the power rack or do the rolling method if you fail, don't bother another person