I'm bulking and I've been eating a pound of ground beef as a meal semi-regularly. Any reason I shouldn't do this

I'm bulking and I've been eating a pound of ground beef as a meal semi-regularly. Any reason I shouldn't do this.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/earth/story/20170110-despite-what-you-might-think-chickens-are-not-stupid
youtu.be/uSUrLbgXiHo
massey.ac.nz/massey/about-massey/news/article.cfm?mnarticle_uuid=4B3E99F8-98D3-D0A6-9439-589090AC921B
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/jul/07/cows-best-friends
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

poos that won't come out.

do this but add cheese, scrambled egg, and rice. I eat it pretty much every night and it's fucking delicious

Wait, as in just straight up ground beef? Like in pic related with it just straight from the pan?

Cancer, heart disease and dementia gains

it's unethical
you can get protein elsewhere
it's a probable carcinogen & has antibiotics in it, also estrogen

Nah, I do that too. Sometimes I'll do ground chicken.

>ignoring false flagging vegan larpers.

only downside is taste.
add in some taco seasoning for flavour. maybe cheese or scrambled eggs. franks red hot.
a ton of ways to have this delicious meal

For gains this is perfect but for general health it's not so good. Red meats are cancer causing, there is no micro nutrients, and no fiber. You don't need a perfect diet though and if this is helping you improve your health because you can stick to it consistently, that's a good step.

I pour it in bowl. Sometimes I wrap it in a tortilla, sometimes I just go to town with a spoon.

What if I switch to ground turkey?

>it's unethical

soyboy please go. he's asking from a fitness point of view you agenda spewing rat

Replace it with lentils and oats.

>carcinogen & has antibiotics
Stop living in America.

Processed meats cause cancer

Red meats do not. Poor diet combination with just eating red meat all day every day "may" increase cancer chance but there is no conclusive evidence

Heme iron and Neu5Gc are carcinogenic.

switch to 80%+ Turkey, but the higher you go the more bland it is. you have to use spices or some shit, i use mckormick since turkey is so bland

Don't forget your greens, you'll shit bricks if you eat that much beef in one sitting

remove the egg and rice and replace it with hamburger buns and bbq sauce then u have a fuckn meal

Good burgers are made with egg though

I have been eating 300-330 g of organic ground Beef, about 150g of rice and ~400g of frozen green veggies for the last 1.5 years. I'll tell you when I get cancer from all these frickin gainzzzz.
But to be serious, as long as you eat your veggies, no problem. And people saying that red meat has no micros have no idea what they are talking about, red meat is literally the bes tthing an athlete can eat.

* as my main meal once everyday

>unethical
According to which system of ethics?
Bonus points if it's supported by a philosopher people take seriously

I was doing almost exactly the same but recently I saw a video where they said that eating too much protein on bulking wouldn't give you that gains as carbs would.
They said that ideal ratio:
1,2-1,5g protein per kg.
1,2-1,5g fat per kg.
3-4g carbs per kg.

Do you pour that shit on everything?

Fucking thank you that sounds delicious.

WHO says probable carcinogen, just a matter of time desu

Veganism, Richard Dawkins

>no micronutrients

are you fucking retarded?

>Richard Dawkins
>taken seriously

>Dawkins
>taken seriously

pour what? Red Hot? yeah

So both memes

So is air

>carcinogen & has antibiotics in it, also estrogen

Not everyone lives in la creatura.. land ,idiot. We have organic shit in europe.

Tabasco green pepper is where the flavors at though

when cutting i eat 1 pound of ground beef with 1 pound of rice, beans and lentils mix on my lunch and fast the rest of the day
when i'm bulking i eat the same but i also have some shredded chicken with cheese, tomatoes, onions and sausage all inside of potatoes

i typed a long shitpost about you being a girl because that isn't even 1000 calories but i saw it is your main meal, so you're still a faggot that eat less than 1000 calories on your main meal

red meats don't cause cancer it's sodium nitrite you dipshits

Put some veggies in it so you can poop

>According to which system of ethics?
Your system and pretty much every sane person. Also some names of famous vegetarians and vegans:
Albert Einstein
Dalai Lama
Mahatma Ghandi
Pythagoras
Confucius
Plotinus
Plutarch
Porphyry
Buddha (Sidharta Gautama)
Mahavira
Franz Kafka
Leonardo Da Vinci
Bob Marley (if you can consider his music to have deep philosphycal truths in it)
José Mujica (ex-president of Uruguay)
Albert Schweitzer
George Bernard Shaw
Peter Singer (author of Animal Liberation)
Tolstoy
Voltaire
Zarathustra
Krishnamurti

Can you name a trait present or absent in animals that justifies treating them the way we do?

>Can you name a trait present or absent in animals that justifies treating them the way we do?

Some animals have no feelings. Have you been around sheeps,goats,cows and chickens?

ground beef is fuckin nasty i don't envy you. i eat steak but ground is like the shittiest fucking part, i had a roommate who would eat that shit and just the sight of it and the smell of the meat and grease turned me off it forever.

>Some animals have no feelings.
This is simply false, have you ever been around animals? Have you tried hurting them and seen how they respond? Have you tried giving them love and seen how they respond?
Anyway what about humans who lack feelings such as the mentally disabled and infants, would it be justified to treat them in this way?

A pain response is not a feeling

And a love response? What you're saying is factually wrong, there has been tons of science done. Those animals can emphatize, they can experience mental states like depression, etc.
Also you avoided my question, would it be okay to treat humans who lacked in the same way be okay to be treated as those animals?

Bad for the planet. Expensive.

Chickens genuinely don't respond to you loving them
>t. father had chicken farm

This. I have 24 chickens myself for dat dere farm fresh proton. Chickens are a bunch of dicks.

>eating antinutrients

You didn't really love them.

>shilling this hard

dude fuck off to another website

>Have you tried hurting them and seen how they respond?

Them reacting to physical pain is not a feeling but a neuron reaction.

>Those animals can emphatize
No they don't.

>they can experience mental states like depression
Only if they are left alone and with no contact with anything. Thats an evolutionary responce.

>would it be okay to treat humans who lacked in the same way be okay to be treated as those animals?

We don't have to because we don't take anything from them. Are they a burden? Yes and they should be aborted.

Oats are great to eat if you let them soak overnight.

Also this

Wrong! Stop spreading bullshit.
bbc.com/earth/story/20170110-despite-what-you-might-think-chickens-are-not-stupid
youtu.be/uSUrLbgXiHo

Also again avoided my question, are you intellectually dishonest? Given a human with the same behavior of the animal would it be okay to treat them the same?

seeAlso im not the only one posting at you dumbass

I follow a christian set of ethics and meat eating is allowed
>Can you name a trait present or absent in animals that justifies treating them the way we do
The inability to consciously follow a moral code

Ironically you only named 2 people who actually created a vague system of ethics, and I don't recall confucius himself claiming eating meat was immoral

>Them reacting to physical pain is not a feeling but a neuron reaction.
Yeah and where in the mind does it register that neuron reaction? In the brain, just like us. When we react to pain is that just a neuron reaction?
Also what about a reaction to love? Are those just neurons too?
>No they don't. (Empathy)
Yes they do, look it up.
>Only if they are left alone and with no contact with anything. Thats an evolutionary responce.
No, different scenario's react differently on the animal. Also it depends on the animals personality.
>We don't have to because we don't take anything from them. Are they a burden? Yes and they should be aborted.
The human is already alive and it doesn't matter if we have to or not. The question is wheter it's okay to do treat them the same way.

>Given a human with the same behavior of the animal would it be okay to treat them the same?

Yes.

Also I never said chickens are stupid. I said they're a bunch of dicks.

>Implying anything is sacred.
>Implying I wouldn't go hunt and eat humans (dat well marbled hambeast) if it were socially acceptable.
>Implying biological existence is anything more than a struggle for supremacy over one's environment/fellow creatures.

>in the brain, just like us. When we react to pain is that just a neuron reaction?

Insects react the same way. Do you advocate for insect rights too?
>Yes they do, look it up.
No they don't and if you dont prove i won't change my mind.
>different scenario's react differently on the animal
And it always end with the same result. Lost its mate? will find a new one. Lost its offspring? Will make another and forget it.
>Also it depends on the animals personality.
Nope it depends on the type of animal.
>The question is wheter it's okay to do treat them the same way.
No because we don't win anything by doing it. With animals you earn their food and secure your survival.

Have you fucken idiots never heard of the food chain?

Its not unethical for a lion to eat an antelope, or a whale to eat fish. The fox doesnt trouble itself whether the chicken feels love or the rabbit feels feels.

Humans are animals. We are higher on the food chain than any other animal. So why the fuck cant we eat any animal we choose? Answer: we can.

So stop feeling bad about eating meat. The rules of the food chain dont change just because some soyboys feel bad about us being at the top.

>nb. this doesnt influence debates about cruelty to animals.
>no animals torture other animals for the sake of it, or subject other animals to inhumane conditions
>cruelty to animals is a separate argument to whether eating meat is wrong, no matter how much the vegetablists want to conflate the two

Do eggs really go with beef? I like them both separately but I don't think I've crossed that line before

>no micro nutrients
It's funny how everyone on this website think they are qualified to give advice while knowing absolutely nothing about anything

>there is no micro nutrients
fucking hell man

>I follow a christian set of ethics and meat eating is allowed
Some of the most celebrated Christian leaders, theologians, and teachers of all time were/are vegetarians who espoused the view that meat consumption is contrary to the Biblical message of love and compassion and is not healthy, either for the individual or for the planet. These acclaimed leaders include John Wesley; Salvation Army founders William and Catherine Booth; American pastor Tony Campolo; theologian and physician Albert Schweitzer; Seventh-day Adventist Church founder Ellen G. White; Leo Tolstoy; St. John Chrysostom; St. Clement of Alexandria; and St. Basil. Famous Christian apologist and author C.S. Lewis and St. Francis of Assisi, though not strict vegetarians, both took great pains to teach the moral obligation of Christians to treat all animals with compassion and mercy. Even the iconic Fred Rogers of the public-television program Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood, an ordained Presbyterian minister, was a vegetarian and avoided any products derived from animals.
Anyway if you could choose between some food that causes unnecessary suffering vs something that doesn't cause unnecessary suffering, which one would be considered good?
Also the Garden of Eden (and hence the essence of God’s vision of Creation) was vegan. Genesis 1:29-30 states,
>“Then God said, ‘I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.’”

>The inability to consciously follow a moral code
So it's okay to treat mentally retarded people as we treat animals?

Jesus christ, why is every single bodybuilder so incapable of cooking good, diverse, healthy and rich in protein meals? Half of this fucking board eats chicken with broccoli and eggs every single night, it's emberassing

>Some people are Christian and vegetarian therefore you should be to
Go fuck yourself, Jesus gave fish for the people to eat on and just because you pulled out some random nobodies with retarded interpretations of the Bible doesn't mean eating meat isn't allowed by christian morality

>So it's okay to treat mentally retarded people as we treat animals?
We already do, people with downs syndrome are basically treated like dogs only we pretend they're also people. The reason we don't treat retards like animals is because it's hard to draw the line. Also who would want to a downie.

So you say it's okay to genocide mentally challenged people in camps?
You don't seem very wise.
>Insects react the same way. Do you advocate for insect rights too?
No, they don't react the same and don't have a similar central nervous system.
>No they don't and if you dont prove i won't change my mind.
Sheep:
massey.ac.nz/massey/about-massey/news/article.cfm?mnarticle_uuid=4B3E99F8-98D3-D0A6-9439-589090AC921B
Cows:
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/jul/07/cows-best-friends
>Chicken
>No because we don't win anything by doing it. With animals you earn their food and secure your survival.
We don't need animal flesh for our survival we also could eat humans. The question is wheter it's okay.

I swear a vegans arguments all boil down to trying to portray the person they're arguing against as a monster. It's rather funny.
Am I allowed to kill mosquitoes or would that also put me in the same group as those who advocate genocide?

>you pulled out some random nobodies
Are you Christian? You are very ignorant if you don't know atleast a few of those people listed.
>The reason we don't treat retards like animals is because it's hard to draw the line.
Yes, because it's an arbitrary line, we don't need to draw a line at all. It contradicts even our notion of respect of moral value.

>So you say it's okay to genocide mentally challenged people in camps?
Yes

>I swear a vegans arguments all boil down to trying to portray the person they're arguing against as a monster.
No, I'm just pointing out how inconsistent your morals are.
>Am I allowed to kill mosquitoes
Yes, they don't have a central nervous system and they're parasitic.
>put me in the same group as those who advocate genocide?
You are already advocating genocide every time you buy animal bodyparts.

>Some people are Christian and vegetarian therefore you should be to

But that's not what he said at all, user.... Bottom line is, you have a choice. Like it or not, eating animal products causes unnecessary suffering. You can choose to stop supporting it, which is the more moral - and Christian, if that's what's important to you - to do. You make the choice and live with it.

Not the one you replied to, but I hope you don't mind if I answer according to what I believe.
I'm vegan because I think that if I can live my life fully while minimally hurting others (people or animals), why shouldn't I?
So I don't eat animals because there are plenty of other options around. I don't kill mosquitos or cockroaches or stuff because I can just take them outside. If for instance I were to catch headlice, I would of course use any means possible to get rid of them which obviously means killing them. The difference isn't that they are less worthy, because then where would you draw the line? The difference is that I don't have any other reasonable choise except to get rid of them.

I recognised some names but in terms of religious authority they're nobodies
>because it's an arbitrary line
No, the ability to be moral is not arbitrary. It is difficult to draw the line since it is difficult to know how mentally challenged one can be before being completely unable to be moral. Are all vegans sophists?

I always eat it with broccoli

So rats can't be killed since they have a central nervous system? What do you do if your house is infested?
And if your answer involves causing pain to the animal it's probably your morals that are inconsistent.

Morality only applies to humans you spastic. Don't recall there being anywhere written in the Bible that animals can't be eaten.

>carcinogen
>has antibiotics
LMAO the absolute state of Murica.
Why do you always assume everyone lives in that shithole. That kind of stuff is banned in most European countries.

you must be 18 to post here friendo

>combine harvesting is gooder for da animals and trees

We also don't know how much the ability for animals to be moral is. You drawing the line at moral agency is arbitrary because you wouldn't consider killing a person without moral agency a humane act, do you?
>rats
Veganism is all about not exploiting animals. Killing these rats is not exploiting them; you are just trying to stop them from exploiting you. No one gains anything from the death of these animals, and you are not supporting a cruel industry by killing them.
And of course the truth about rats and mice is that they have evolved in such a way that their deaths in large numbers are virtually necessary to maintain a stable population; they breed very quickly to ensure survival despite having many predators. And if you release them into the wild they will still probably die.
That being said I'd obviously go with the least cruel traps available. In my experience the traditional mouse/rat traps kill them as quickly as they possibly can by snapping their necks.

don't forget Hitler

Why do fucking vegans have to shit up every nutrition thread? OPs question clearly assumes that this thread is for meat eaters. I eat a lot of mince beef as well - its cheap - so this question interests me as well but all the decent responses are just buried under "ghandi was a vegan" "bob marley was a vegan" who gives a fuck?

Cant you vegans just fuck off to a containment thread? We get it, youre holier than us.

>88
>literally Hitler

If I may interject, St. John Chrysostom, for example, is actually a massive figure in the history of the Church. That being said, do read Romans 14,

"One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him." (Romans 14:2-3).

so what youre saying is nona dis matters?

6 ounces of red meat per day increases your risk of dying by 13%. It was nice knowing you OP.

Pan, A., Sun, Q., Bernstein, A.M., Schulze, M.B., Manson, J.E., Stampfer, M.J., Willett, W.C. and Hu, F.B., 2012. Red meat consumption and mortality: results from 2 prospective cohort studies. Archives of internal medicine, 172(7), pp.555-563.

>increases your risk of dying by 13%.

Better that than assuming OP would know what a hazard ratio of total mortality is.

>carcinogen & has antibiotics
Spotted the Dane
Stop destroying your food.

>vegan
Do you think that a meat eating animal would think twice to eat you?
No, so why should we?

>vegan soycucks invade yet another thread

Because we're human?

Humans used to be hunters and gatherers
We hunted for meat to survive, why shouldn't we eat meat? Our body is designed to have a varied diet between meat, vegetables and berries

Make sure it's grass-fed beef though

Secondly, if you find protein farts to be a nuisance, add oatbran to your protein shakes or basically take 50-100g of oatbran daily, it's almost pure fibre and it will soothe your bowels like a charm

OR ARE WE DANCER

F U C K O F F V E G A N S J W C U C K F A G G O T

J U S T L O L A T D E M O N I S I N G M E A T W H I L E Y O U E A T P R O C E S S E D S O Y G A R B A G E A N D C H I N E S E S U P P L E M E N T P O W D E R S L M A O C U C K

Great bulking move bro