Push-Pull-Legs

How does Veeky Forums feel about PPL routines?

>not DL for pull image

I've been doing it for 1 month now, love it

Been on it about two years now.
Works pretty good, but I'm stalling pretty hard atm. Thinking of switching to something else.

PPL is a meme

Looks like a waste of time and effort and money and life.

whats ur program

they're pretty shit. I don't know why many people like them. The 3x a week variation (P/x/P/x/L/x/x is 100% retarded due to super low frequency and the 6x a week variation (P/P/L/P/P/L/x) is just plain unnecessary. Why would you want to spend 6 fucking days a week in the gym just to hit every muscle group twice a week? 6 days in the gym plus cardio is hyper unnecessary for a natty. It doesn't matter how many days you go to the gym, just overall total volume. You could just do full body two times a week for the same frequency (or three times for more frequency), or do an upper lower, or a simple Push/Pull/x/Push/Pull/x/x and include your squat on your push day and deadlift on your pull day, but really Upper/Lower would be better than that. You would get the same volume, but instead of 6 days a week in the gym you would be there 2-4 times a week, which means more recovery time and better overall gains. You might think that on PPL your recovery will be fine since you're not hitting the same muscles back to back, but all your muscles are connected to the same frame. Your joints won't enjoy heavy benching and pressing on push day, followed immediately by heavy rows, chins and deads on pull day. Your back won't like squatting on leg day after heavy back work on pull day

Fundamentally, Push/Pull/Legs doesn't make much logical sense. Why would you separate your "legs" and your pull like that? How much stuff do you really need to do on a "Leg" day? You don't need anything besides a squat and maybe calf raises. Any kind of machine work is just unnecessary.
On your pull day when deadlifting you're working alot of legs and back, alot of posterior chain, squatting compliments the deadlift. And posterior chain work compliments the squat and deadlift both, which rows also work. So you can do back training when you train legs, it all ties in.
Upper/Lower, Fullbody, or Push/Pull/x/Push/Pull are leagues better than PPL.

But I hate going to the gym for only 3-4 times a week. How do I waste my time on the rest of the days.

Machine work is useful when your squat hits respectable numbers.

iv been gymming for about 2 years and i love going as much as possible, if anything i just get super bored on rest days but still take them so i dont burn out

Push + Squat
Pull + Deadlift
Wow, now you're not wasting one entire day on legs like a chump.

deadlift is on legs

Don't understand how you workout 2-3x a week for like 45 minutes and say "I get enough volume" with a workout that does 6-9 sets of bench for your entire chest workout for the week vs. a Push routine that hits bench/incline/dips/flys 2x each a week = twice as many sets as a full body does to hit chest

Not to mention isolation exercises for biceps/tris/lateral delts, etc. fall way behind on a full body.
brb hitting one exercise of biceps a week
>me get enough volume durrrrr

This

Its pretty good. I don't think I have had better gains until I switched to PPL.

p90x

much better than a brosplit

currently doing a mix of ppl + upper-lower every week

who said you have to only do 45 mins worth of shit 2-3 times a week? you can still get your volume in.
the same volume spread over more days is more effective

PPLxULx?

Holy shit that's genius. Thanks for the idea budd