/hmg/ - Health and Mobility General - PASTEBIN EDITION

In /hmg/ we exchange health advice concerning injuries regarding joints (synovial and not so), muscle tissue, fascia, and anecdotal treatment of said issues, as well as warm up routines, cutting edge research, and consumer goods that have assisted us in our quest to attain optimum health.

READ THE STAPLES AND THE NEWS. ASK QUESTIONS. POST CUTTING EDGE RESEARCH. DEBATE.

End goal is to create a modern wiki like website (with sensible design guidelines) with the amalgamation of knowledge from these generals, and we should also create infographics and add info to the Veeky Forums wiki.

Things to discuss: knees, shoulders, back and cervical pain, stiffness, hyper and hypomobility, GAPS diet, voodoo flossing, foam rolling, EPI therapy, active/passive hanging, isometric/active/passive/dynamic/static/ballistic stretching, cryosauna, products and where you got them /csg/ style.

Previous thread: desuarchive.org/fit/thread/44599226

>STAPLES
Voodoo flossing and inflamamation advice: pastebin.com/GQAiJ9JB

>STRETCHING/MUSCLE STABILISATION ROUTINES
Squat rehab I youtube.com/watch?v=xPwG2hqnOx0
Squat rehab II youtube.com/watch?v=lbozu0DPcYI
Shoulder rehab I youtube.com/watch?v=1YHIV4a81Os
Scapula mobilisation I youtube.com/watch?v=y4Wo095zPnc
Pyriformis stretching >NEWS
user shares experience with voodoo flossing and resistance band training user talks about foam rolling user gives out feet, shoes, and walking advice user gives out miscellaneous advice user posts list of supplements to nourish your fascia and joints >PRODUCTS (stick to sites that ship internationally)
Latex resistance band: ebay.com/itm/253395848536
Foam roller: ebay.com/itm/253396341171
Genuine original Feiyue's: ebay.com/itm/NEW-Feiyue-501-Parkour-Training-Martial-Arts-Wushu-Kung-Fu-Shoes-white-black/122365671167

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/GQAiJ9JB
youtube.com/watch?v=wOlMZdBYd04
ebay.com/itm/253413406714
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Daily reminder rings > dumbbells > barbell > machines, as a general rule. Have you ever seen a scrawny gymnast?

i get some weird pain in my elbow sometimes when it is in a locked position for example doing cable flies. is it tennis elbow? i have had it before on both arms and it went away but now it's back in one arm

Seems like it's inflamed and it aggravates during the flies due to suboptimal joint mechanics. Voodoo flossing would help you as it would reduce the inflammation and restore the joint mechanics in one fell swoop.

Top part of the left side of my neck has been bothering me. It doesn't hurt per se but it's a very minor acute pain whenever I look up and to the right.
Anybody got a clue?

Additionally, your shoulder should be flexed a couple degrees. You're doing damage to your elbox joint.

Elbow should be flexed****

To clarify, you mean he shouldn't hyperextend it? If so, true, but it wasn't really clear.

yeah i do that but the excentric force on the joint fucks it up anyways i guess
its more like golfers elbow from this pic. ill read what the hell voodoo flossing is but im sure its not what i think it is

>ill read what the hell voodoo flossing is but im sure its not what i think it is
OP has a great pastebin link that you should read.
pastebin.com/GQAiJ9JB

so its like wrapping it really tight? i instinctively want to do that to my damaged elbow for some reason, feels glod

Yes, but follow the guide closely, there are a couple of things that you can do wrong, but if you keep those notes in mind, you'll do a good job and then, if it doesn't work, you can blame me. :^]

... Ideally you will follow both guides and make use of that ricin oil. It really is miraculous.

Pls help

Anyone know of any knee injuries that could follow/be caused by a baker's cyst?

i have had this and its just a muscular fuck up. stop putting your head in odd positions and it should heal alone and avoid over straining your neck specially if you dont lift

>be me
>lift for 7 months
>mind the form at all times
>start getting random low-grade pain and/or burning sensation in what seems like SI joint
>random popping/cracking in the area when walking
>stop squatting and dl-ing for 2 weeks
>the pain now got constant, worsens when bending down
Wat do, lads?

Why not fix the baker's cyst? It's inflamed and needs to be drained by a doctor with a needle. Afterwards, you might need corticosteroids to quell the inflammation rapidly. Afterwards, the doctor should determine the cause, which could be arthritis, in which case, check the OP again, there are posts there with supplements you can take.
According to you should give alflutop a go, instead of corticosteroids. Afterwards, you can do the ricin treatment outlined in the OP. Because of the nature of your problem I would not recommend voodoo flossing, but check this pastebin out (scroll down): pastebin.com/GQAiJ9JB

Good luck!

Will neck training help (in a way that doesn't compress the discs)? Also, it's not because of that, it was caused by a fall.

Are you sure it's not a lumbar disc herniation? Personally, I would get an MRI done, just to be sure. If it is, keep moving and try to keep the inflammation down (nimesuline is pretty good), and stretch the area. If it's not a lumbar disc herniation, then it's great, and it's simply inflamed. OTC anti inflammatories will fix it temporarily, but you should also attempt to strengthen the SI joint because instability is what's causing it: youtube.com/watch?v=wOlMZdBYd04

>Are you sure it's not a lumbar disc herniation?
I'm not, but wouldn't the popping/cracking indicate joint instability rather than hernia?

>I'm not, but wouldn't the popping/cracking indicate joint instability rather than hernia?
You make a great point and you are correct! So yeah, just strengthen the joint using the video (or another one) and try to reduce the inflammation with OTC meds and ice packs.

i doubt it will help rn but when you are healed it will help you to prevent injuries. just do neck curls no need to load any weight, if it feels too easy just do more reps. since is started lifting big and specially neck training i have never had any such problems again

Thanks, bro!

>another victim to the squat-dl meme

The problem is not that, the problem is that people go from 0 to a 100 and the tendons, ligaments and so on can't take such a sudden change. Just like how people who start running barefoot usually get fucked up within the first week because their stabilisers are piss weak and they're not easing into it, so they just tear them all up and then say barefoot running is bad.

Sitting down is fucking deadly when it comes to neck issues and I'm forced to do it because of college. I HATE THE WORLD.

If I have rotator cuff pain when benching, do I certainly already have an injury or is it possible this could just be a warning?
What's the minium time I should avoid bench if I have an injury?

Seems like a warming. Ease up on it for a week while following the resistance band routine outlined in the OP, both the scapula mobilisation one as well as the shoulder rehab series. They are REALLY good. On that note, active hanging would also help a little and it's relatively effortless and will also decompress your spine.

Thanks breh. I'll prolly go to a sports doctor anyway but appreciated.

I have been recovering from a torn ACL for months, I can basically squat with loads like 90kg but I still feel fragile sometimes and I can't seem to get my whole knee mobility back (about 5° flexion). Any suggestion on how to fix that ?

Flossing as per the OP. It's the safest and most efficient way to restore joint mechanics if you do it right (check the pastebin). Also, here's some ricin oil for the inflammation if you want ebay.com/itm/253413406714 Pastebin guide mentions it and how to use it as well.

Yoga (with the exception of downward facing dog) really helped strengthen my left wrist after having tendinitis in it for several months if anyone is struggling with that

>Veeky Forums please do my homework for me

hopefully something good will come of it

>>Veeky Forums please do my homework for me
What do you mean? I'm the one responding to most queries, so how is anyone doing my """homework"""? I'm a mathematics computer science double major, you turd.

spiteful cancerous faggot detected

Typical Scooby fanboy. Probably too busy trying to reverse engineer aesthetics.

... Define yoga. There are 6900 branches m8