/fat/ - Last Thread Disappeared Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
>For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
>fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>>If you are overweight or obese, you should shed body fat before you try to build muscle mass. That means eating below your TDEE

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
>sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
>fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
>losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
>myfitnesspal.com

>myfitnesspal group
>community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

>Previous Thread

hey, skinny fat here
im 64,7 kg and 175 cm
well, in clothes i look pretty good, but without clothes im fucked up.
should i lose weight?
or should i build muscle maintaining the same weight or even lose 4 kgs?
actually im thinking about 1200 kcal per day,doing push ups, weighing small weights intensively

Start lifting weights and do core exercises and eat 500 over maintenance. This thread isn't really for your goals.

>as of today I have lost 72lbs, now 250lbs

we're all gonna make it bros

You're right in the middle of a normal bmi, so maybe a minor cut before you start liftin. Sounds like you need to work on body composition (i.e. increasing muscle mass) rather than reducing your size like obese/overweight people do here.

Is drinking a sufficient amount of water going to help me lose weight?
Assuming I'm already doing low carb/sub-2000cal.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

Water will help proper metabolic functions and is necessary for fat burn. Most people don't get enough

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

>want to go for a walk
>its dark and gangs of youths are roaming the streets

fugg

Confess, my children.

>weight 6 days ago: 197
>weight this morning: 196.6
>mfw

Check you body fat to see if you've lost any centimeters. If you haven't it's time to start thinking about a plateau strategy.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS! God I need this for my push day

>Diet Coke
every time

AWAKEN, MY MASTERS!

Diet Coke honestly tastes like shit would rather water

>TDEE should be 2700 cal/day
>eat 1300 calories every day this week
>except for one day when I ate 2500
>weigh the exact same this morning as I did last week

I'm not fasting as often as I should, because my mood goes to shit during the 10 to 24 hour mark.

if I'm just home alone without stress I can fast no problem, but the second some stress hits I'm a raging douche.

food really is like a drug

Or you know, food is the fuel that keeps you running.

Plateaus usually only happen when there's no change in 2 weeks.

After my last five day plateau, I dropped 4 pounds. We'll see if this happens in the next few days

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

Do you think this neck fat will ever leave or it is just genetics? I'm 6'1, worst was 243lbs, currently 209lbs. Goal is 175. My posture is definitely not good. No one else in my family has this, but they also were never fat. This thing makes me more self conscious than my love handles.

Ah-bloo-bloo

Keep at for bit longer and see what happens.

My neck size only really changed when i got down below 200. Where fat loss occurs all depends on your genes. You just have to keep cutting until it's gone.

That only works if you don't have months worth of energy packed onto your fat gut. If you do, then food is merely a mental attachment that you absolutely have no need for until you become a fit individual. All the vitamins and minerals you need beside various electrolytes are stored in your fat cells.

>All the vitamins and minerals you need beside various electrolytes are stored in your fat cells.
Wrong. You still need electrolytes and micronutrients.

>tfw want to track calories but all the apps are botnet

>tfw can't stop drinking beer when I go out

Yeah I know... I'm down 80 lbs already but it just gets frustrating when you stay just as strict on your diet but stop seeing much progress.

>beside various electrolytes

Please tell me what kind of micronutrients not stored within your body that you need to get from eating food all day everyday.

Im making brownies for last day of project work coworkers. Licked the remaining chocolate off the bowl i melted two candy bars into.
No sugar isnt going well.
I likely wont get any brownies though.

Water soluble vitamins

Fasting is a good way to die. so sick of this bro science on this board.

hey guys join the /fat/ discord its totally not full of pedophiles

>joining any discord on Veeky Forums

A few days ago some of y'all niggas recommended me to eat bread with turkey for breakfast so I don't get hungry and buy snacks at work. That didn't turn out too well, considering early in the mornings I just can't push myself to shove something as heavy as bread down my mouth.

What do you think of the following daily schedule?

>Breakfast
A big bowl of oatmeal (to make sure I fill up) and a glass of milk

>In between snack
A protein bar (118 kcal with 9.8 g of protein should ensure I make it until lunch without putting too much of a dent in my diet)

>Lunch
Depends on what they have in the cafeteria, usually some sandwich or soup (I try to keep it healthy)

>Dinner
The classic starch + vegetables + protein combo, depending on what I feel like that night.

How does it look? Maybe I should add yoghurt or something as a last meal that day? It would put me on 5 meals a day, and I often hear 5 small meals are better than 3 big ones. Yoghurt or quark also has a lot of protein. On the other hand, I could also swap it out for fruit, some grapes or two apples or something.

Pls help, no bully.

Jeff

I was reading the chat too, jesus fucking christ.

Hello /fat/
I've been a lurker on Veeky Forums for years
I keep losing and gaining over and over about 40lbs at a time
My highest was 240lb in 2015 and my lowest was 172lb in 2017
I'm looking for another /fat/ individual to be somesort of motivation for one another. We could make a discord to keep each other updated on our fitness and to inspire each other to do better.
I feel if I had someone that I had a relationship with that was in the same boat as me I'd like to impress them and that would motivate me to do better.
Anyone interested?
F18

These kosher hot dogs I'm eating aren't going to kill my weight loss, will they?
I eat like 2-4 a day.

>things that millions of people have done for thousands of years in hundreds of religions are gonna kill you

The fuck you talking about? You don't have the sack to starve to death. How many fasting related deaths you hear about on the news? I don't even fast, and I know your talking supreme bullshit.

Don't eat breakfast. Grow willpower to resist snacks. Problem solved. Don't believe the fucking breakfast most important meal of the day bullshit.

ate too much today and my stomach hurts. idk why i have so much trouble controlling food cravings

same here. on weekends when I meet up with friends I drink round about 12-15 0,3L Biers.

next day I feel bad and disgusted

This is mine and I've been losing fat steadily:

>Breakfast before gym:
Oatmeal+whey

>After gym
Quark+zero calorie juice

>Warm food
300-400 grams of meat of some kind

On top of that I eat 400-500 grams of frozen veggies (usually carrots). Sometimes I eat a few rice cakes as a snack throughout the day.

I have the same issue

>tfw gotta take pill every morning that makes me hungry as fuck to the point it hurts
I don't know how I take the pain every morning but I gotta stop

>exactly the same weight and height
>enormous jiggly belly gut fat

It's a special type of hell.

I'll keep at it then. I'll probably be less concerned about it when I'm a normal weight as well.

-Donald J Trump
45th president of the United States

It'll go away if you cut enough. You can't choose where it comes off, but it will come off.

Always overestimate. You can always eat more if you think they're wrong, you can't un-eat

i'm 55kg and 179cm
i consume 2800+ a day and maintain for the last 8 months. 6 months prior i was doing a keto diet with much less calories.
i say, first consider your long term goals and performance. secondly consider your looks.

Me neither

>Go to subway for lunch with girlfriend
>we always order 6"
>I go to the bank while she orders
>see two foot long sandwiches
>tell her we will have 6" now and 6" for dinner
>EAT THE FOOT LONG WHILE STILL AT THE SUBWAY!

I am now in that awkward area where I have 300ish calories left and it is too small for a meal. So do I just go over or do I starve. I have no snacks in the house, I can not be trusted with them.

A cutting tip. Spicy foods will often times make you less hungry.

If anyone is interested I just made some killer lean ground beef tacos /w ginger, scallions, garlic, goy sauce, sesame sauce (2 table spoons of both), cilantro, jalapenos (all pretty much diced). Cooked on a stove top and was really quick. Threw a dab of the stuff on those little mini tacos and did a quick pass with sriracha to finish it off. Was gud. Kinda wish I bought that lamb that was on sale instead though.

It's been a while since I've posted in a /fat/ thread. Fell off the wagon, hard.
I'm at 198.8 as of the start of the week.
Diet is being tweaked constantly, but I'm going to keep it like this for now.
One: Protein Shake
Two: Fruit Smoothie
Three: Chicken/Fish Salad
Four: Omelette
If I get really hungry I'll have some porridge.
Workout is currently just cardio for now, just until I establish a habit of going to the gym for at least a week.
Basically everyday for 40-60 minutes on the elliptical machine.

This is actually false, the body is very good at regulating how much water we need and how thirsty we are. If you are not thirsty you don't need to drink water. Those things about needing to drink X amount of water a day are pretty much broscience. Also drinking more does not flush you out unless you were dehydrated to begin with, the volume of urine is independent of its content.

TL;DR
Drink when you are thirsty, its worked for millennia.

How do I get over my new fear of eating? I'm doing IF and only eat around 1100 kcal because if it but every single time I break my fast I panic and stop myself from finishing my meal. This habit is leaving me at around 800 kcal a day and I'm not sure that's healthy as I also do 5 days of intense cardio. Should I just go full on water fasting?

Starve. Or have a couple eggs or something. Doesn't have to be a massive meal.

buy carrots, cucumbers and or red pepper as snacks. I cant ever eat more than 250-300 calories worth of them.

Do either of you have sources?

Disregard that entire post, stay hydrated.

I've always been curious.

Would 'bulking'up be easier for guys who are already fat ?

I would imagine so with already having layiers of nutrients in place ?

Are you guys me?

What are we gonna do, user? I've lost a lot of weight but what's the point with such a fat belly..

can I still drink coke zero

>try to bulk
>can't even eat 2k cal
>try to cut
>eat 3k+ cals worth of ice cream sandwiches, pizza rolls, pizza, chicken nuggets, pasta

>tfw my floor is uneven so i get inaccurate reads on my scale but its going down so that feels good i guess

Where I can find some simple low cal recipes? Everything online requires fucking 1000 ingredients, which half of them have to be imported from the fucking Africa or some shit.

I want something simple that I can use.

yeah why not. tastes like shit tho, might as well kick it completely.

sounds like you're developing an eating disorder. Veeky Forums isn't gonna help you with that.

you didn't provide any info so I can't tell if 800kcal/day is that bad, but it most likely is. chill out, do less cardio and eat more. you're gonna get your cortisol levels way too high if you keep going on which you do not want for a number of reasons.

Really fat guy who finally decide to lose some weight and get back on the shape i was 5 years ago
Im running on treadmill monday to friday, 45-55 minutes per day, and afterwards im doing some basic lifting to burn some extra calories

Is there any difference between doing the cardio first or last? I heard that leaving it for last increases metabolism and helps burning fat, or is it just bullshit?

>weight saturday: 231 lbs
>weight today: 229lbs

>finally learn how to make decent tier food.
I think I've finally ascended...fast food no longer interests me.

>5'10" 210 lbs
>literally eat nothing except black coffee & two (2) tuna steaks daily
>scale not moving

the only time i've ever lost weight was when I fell for the keto meme but it's such a pain in the ass to consistently follow

if you want simple just do chicken/fish and veggies

it'll be low cal, high protein, simple, and delicious

doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but anyways I'd suggest cardio after lifting weights because theoretically you do deplete some glycogen when lifting, that way you're not having as much glycogen during your cardio (altho it replenishes) which could make you use fat as an energy substrate. the difference, if any, is very tiny so don't sweat on it.

always do at least some cardio before lifting. it'll get your body pumped a bit and bloodflow moving, so you're ready for the lifts. treat it like the first step of stretching.

that's called a warmup and you'd better warmup for lifting by actually lifting. all that cardio does is increase your heart rate which doesn't translate into a "warmup" for weight training. just start with light weights first for each movement, specially on compound exercises.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

So, my friend went out of his way today to hell me how unhealthy it is to count calories and that I'm endangering myself by not eating lunch three days a week (just having a light dinner). He tries stuff like eating exact meal plans proposed by some nutritionist who's not even treating him in particular.

I got mad at the whole "counting calories is dangerous" part, but is there any reason to think it might be bad for me to skip lunch 3 days a week? I skip because I have two different activities with a limited time frame that doesn't allow me to come home and measure my meal and it would cost too much to eat some place else. I can't really carry a whole pre-made meal with me all day, since I'm going to different, far away places during those days. So I just eat a sandwich and eat other stuff normally.

Also, 12 pounds lost since Jan 6th!

Congrats on the weight loss, user!

And do you bring your lunch to work? It sounds like you don't. I don't know your exact diet, but making lunch at home is much cheaper and you can count the calories of the food you're making.

>frustrated with a plateau that seems to go on forever
>weigh myself this morning like normal
>randomly lost over 2lbs
>Weighed myself like 5 times to be sure

I'll take it. 11 lbs from being sub 200 now. We're all gonna make it.

Fat people have an easier time getting fat, yes
As for building muscle, no. Ease of building mus5fle varies from person to person, but fat won't magically turn into muscle

i can see my two upper abs /fat/
making it

>Tfw constantly hungry

What do? I've started eating oats, pasta, potatoes. Foods that keep you fuller longer but I'm still hungry

considering fat people have more mass (fat mass and some muscle mass) than skinny people and are, therefore, usually stronger, the difference in strenght could potentially translate into better results as far as building muscle is concerned. also, skinny people tend to have a hard time gaining weight because they can't (or don't know how to) eat enough, which isn't an issue for fat people (considering enough protein is also being ingested).

more water, more veggies and high fiber fruits. pasta is a carb source that doesn't help me with satiety as much as sweet potatoes, brown rice and beans.

What do you want fag?

>big toe and second toe both randomly kinda hurt one day and continue to do so
uhhhh mommy? I didn't do anything to destroy them I thought biking was supposed to make it some you wouldn't get hurt

>force myself to go down and up 3 flights of stairs 3 times a day for my water
Am I going to make it?

Just cut out all sugar and some salt.
I'm now eating half as much as I was and with more protein. I'm now cutting out all processed foods.
At work I have walk like three miles then every other day I do training and I walk my dog.
I've lost 20 already but it was a slow loss. I'm already starting to see noobie gains in my arms and shoulders.
Currently 110kg carrying it just in my stomach and unfortunately my face

What's your maintenance?

Change up your exercise and diet. Always assume you're eating more calories then you actually are eating, almost everyone under calculates their calories. Also sodium (salt) holds in water. You might've just ate less salt recently

What do you guys think about selzter water?

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!