VEGAN GENERAL

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs

Animals ethics crash course - youtube.com/watch?v=y3-BX-jN_Ac

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient as retards should have the same moral status

iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman e.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque e.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think. (most philosophers are moral realists and believe moral propositions can in fact be true)

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Honest Advertising for Omnivores

youtu.be/zF_MlhXAjiE

Discord

discord
.gg/mdK999

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
tinyurl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)
>Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Redpill me on seitan
>75g protein per 100g

it's cheap as fuck
literally like $1 gets you two pounds
it's almost a complete protein but lacks a protein that you can easily get from rice or beans
it tastes fucking delicious

Considering going vegan for ethical reasons. I know it's been drilled to death but I'm still hung up on protein. The trouble is I don't want to eat processed foods like seitan. Lentils are good with me, but can any of you veteran veganbros give me an idea of what you eat daily to hit say 150g+ of protons without supps or processed foods? Everything I've seen indicates I'd need to eat a volume of food that seems outrageous. Thanks in advance.

You know that most carnivores have large canines to KILL with there teeth so they evolved with large canines, we killed with tools so we never evolved large canines. Plus we cooked our meat so we didn't need to have a digestive system dedicated for just meat digestion? there is other skewed information on that image as well. I get the moral reason for being vegan but not twisting information like this.

>150g+ of protons
Easy solution. You don't need that much protein, you'll just shit most of it out.

>we need tools because our bodies aren't meant to hunt game
>we need to cook meat because our bodies aren't meat to digest meat

Thank you for proving me right. Literally not a single carnivore is forced to cook meat to properly digest it. Therefore humans aren't meant to digest meat.

>human
>require fiber to stimulate peristalsis

wrong. peristalsis is an pns/ens process that is done with no need of stimulation normally, see motilin and the MMC

>meat is health-

oh

What about beans?
What about potatoes?
You need to cook them too.

...how is seitan processed? make it yourself. It's three fucking ingredients without flavoring
wheat gluten
nutritional yeast
water
???

>no adult human male can make good use of even 150g of protein

Just as I feared. In order to be vegan, we need to disregard nutrition science or stop athletic performance or not be older than 30. Thanks.

The difference is you can eat ALMOST ALL fruits raw but you cannot properly digest raw meat. ANY meat.

your original argument was appeal to nature thus you were proven wrong

thats not cancer tho. its only pus. which is just dead wbc + bacteria

Most bodybuilders do not eat 150g or even more protein a day.

Can I grow or harvest wheat gluten and nutritional yeast or do I need a laboratory?

You can digest meat properly ,what the fuck.
Raw meat

Most bodybuilders shoot for around 1g/lb. Some go for .8g/lb. A small number of us are over 6 feet tall and not that light.

>proven wrong several times
>b-b-b-b-but ;-; b-but ... stop bullying me :,(

Fuck off, meatcuck. Your Jewish lies won't work on vegans.

We can digest meat but it's more calorie dense to cook it, which was a major reason why we were so successful as a species. By your logic we weren't supposed to used electric cause it can kill us
>But here are you shitposting on a computer and me taking the bait on an Ugandan message board for chinese cartoons

what is sushi? what is Ceviche?

Daily reminder that Hitler was a vegetarian. If you eat meat, you finance the meat Jew.

You haven't proven anything.

90% of plants get fed to animal agriculture. 95% of farmland is for animal agriculture. 51% of greenhouse gas emissions are from animal agriculture. 90% of the Amazon rainforest was cut down to allow room for animal agriculture.

What about pesticide resistance? I don't think GM will solve every problem with this

Good goyim, eat soy, be the human equivalent of a adult powerless child

>Also farming for vegetables is worse for the environment than farms for animals.

That's just ridiculous, granted big agro is also horrible for the environment, but ecological agriculture would be far and away better for the environment if it were adopted worldwide

Soil degradation of intensive farming?

look up dioxins. pesticides bioaccumulate in animals, and then you eat them. id rather eat a pound of wheat's worth of dioxins then two hundred pounds of wheat worth.

If everybody in the western world decided to become vegan.
The whole land will have to be transformed to farm for vegetables.
Potatoes,carrots etc.
Therefore veganism is inefficient.
Also if we force feed people soy,they will get sick.
Also if humans were fruitivores or herbivores,then why can't we eat grass?
What happens to nordics in the past when there was constant winter?
What are they going to eat?
The hard roots underground?

>goyim
fuck off back to /pol/
soy literally has zero to microscopic to positive effects on hormonal homeostasis
prove yourself
inb4 you can't

im so glad im not white, and dont have to be guilty about all this shit. LOL

Meat and diary are proven to higher your cancer and heart attack rates. Vegans have higher testosterone than meatcucks. Processed meat is literally a Jewish invention to weaken the white race. Wake the fuck up and stop eating this shit.

more farming is required to produce a pound of beef than a pound of wheat by the thousands

Are you retarded? When do you need more plants?

Scenario 1:
Humans eat plants.

Scenario 2:
Humans eat animals that eat 10x their weight in plants before.

Yeah but those animals eat raw grains too,and grass.
Want some grass kid?

>Proven wrong yet again
>another strawman argument

Debating with meatcucks is like arguing with mentally ill children.

Phytoestrogens and Disease: tinyurl com/hfxu23q
Phytoestrogens and Heart Disease: tinyurl com/zg2nh7a
Phytoestrogen and Kidney Disease: tinyurl com/jtwyanb
High soy can result in 59% less breast cancer study: tinyurl com/j8ywsra
Soy and Men Hormones Study: tinyurl com/hsu4wqk
Meta-analysis on men, soy and phytoestrogen extracts: tinyurl com/ja5s9k2
30-50% of men get manboobs: tinyurl com/zb58cbs
Phytoestrogen content of various foods: tinyurl com/z3kpvsw
n=220 2 years soy study: tinyurl com/z4tbb7d
Meta-analysis on 47 studies no estrogen change: tinyurl com/hsm6ctb
Soy being fine for men: tinyurl com/zwddamh

Think of it this way: An estrogen molecule is like a jumbo jet that attaches to the Jetway of an airport. It discharges passengers into the terminal, which is suddenly a busy, noisy place. Phytoestrogens, being weak estrogens, are like small, private planes with few passengers and no cargo, yet they still occupy the Jetway after landing. When phytoestrogens occupy the cell, normal estrogens cannot. Plant estrogens do not eliminate all of estrogen's effects, but they do minimize them, apparently reducing breast cancer risk and menstrual symptoms

Soy isoflavones activate your body's estrogen receptors, proteins that detect the presence of estrogen and carry out effects such as changes in gene expression. However, isoflavones do so more weakly than your body's natural estrogen. If estrogen is absent, isoflavones weakly activate the estrogen receptor, mitigating the effect of low estrogen. If estrogen is abundant, isoflavones interfere with the activity of natural estrogen, limiting the effect of high estrogen levels. Since the structure of isoflavones is similar to estrogen, isoflavones may decrease your body's production of estrogen and increase the rate of estrogen degradation due to feedback mechanisms that control estrogen levels.

It's literally gluten
>it's almost a complete protein but lacks a protein that you can easily get from rice or beans
It lacks lysine, literally the most essential amino acid to build any kind of muscle or burn fat.

If your main source of protein is lysine-deficient, you might as well lop off your balls, cause you won't use them for anything anymore.

Doesn't that affect more fish then meat? and isn't that on organochlorine pesticides which have been replaced mainly by organophorus pesticides that are hydrophillic. These can be degraded in the environment and can be metabolised by animals

You are delusional ,you aren't refuting any of my points.
I ques I win.

>add cuck to a word
>I posted it again mom!

hey man, i grew up in asia. we dont do all this fancy shit white people do, we hand out meat in front of everyone. literally killed/gutted/cooked my 1st chicken when i was 8. killed goat, lamb, and alot of other animals. please keep your western white logic away.

How can you win, if you're a loser?

You stated that we would need the same amount of land if everyone went vegan. I proved you wrong. You even admitted this, you retarded meatbitch.

>I posted cuck again mom!
>Mom:Okay Sven that's very nice,meet Muhammad Abdul Ali ,my boyfriend.

Actually it's pretty damn close. You could just add some lentils or rice.

Most meatcucks don't get enough lysine in their diet regardless.

Most plant milks are lysine-fortified.

How should we treat meatcucks, my fellow vegans? I suggest killing them. They won't value life, therefore we shouldn't value their life. If we don't want to see our planet dying we need to reduce the human population by killing all nonvegans.

>implying meat isn't cucking your health

We fucking hate you.
Everyone fucking hates you.
Go to some shitty vegan forum you emaciated freaks.
You’re worse than tranny sjws.
I hope you get cancer.

Let's forcefeed them prunes and use their daily 10 pound shits to grow the vegetables they will inevitably feed to their dairy cows.

has anyone in this thread heard of an omnivore? this isnt a black and white issue...

How very progressive.
Isn't that the way people justify killing animals?
They don't value and respect our life,so its okay to kill them.
You vegans are hypocritical

If you hate vegans so much why do you eat their food?

Spices, vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts, etc?

Funny cause I bet you’re pro choice.
>I’m not
I’m sure you are but even if you aren’t there’s a correlation between the two views and I hope you see how contradictory that is

>what is false flagging

Despite all the shittalk on this board, I want to go vegan 1 day each week.

Am I crazy?

I have a friend who does Tuesdays and Thursdays vegan.

What kind of retarded logic is that?
>if you’re not bisexual, why do you sleep with women?

Why user? What reason do you have to do it once per week?

Dogs were selectively bred to serve us,by hunting and protecting animals.
It is a waste to kill a dog,but if you have nothing to eat,but dog meat you will eat that.
China eats anything it can get.
So your argument is invalid.
Stop arguing with shitty webcomics.

Whatever just don’t be a fucking pissant about it

>I hate vegans yet I visit the one and only vegan general and become angry
>HOW COULD THIS POSSIBLY HAPPENED?

By your logic it's a waste to get up off your chair. Why waste the calories when you could just sit here and shitpost?

That's not logic, user. That's just two points your trying to correlate.

Why kill animals when you don't have to? You literally have the choice. On the other side it's much healthier, cheaper, and ethically sound.

Gram for gram there’s more protein in broccoli than steak meat cucks BTFO!!

>constantly post disingenuous and inflammatory infographs and attack people with different views
>waah why do meatcucks come here angry

Seitan and soy too.

>being vegan sounds nice but where do I get all the protei-

Huh, guess vegans are right after all.

I wonder how many bugs you step on. How many microorganisms die at your hand with each time you sit on a chair. How many animals were forced out of their homes so you can eat your carrots. Newsflash faggot, living in the civilized world is never guilt-free. Living is a series of compromises and you just feel superior for cutting out one small portion of that guilt. Now you'll supplement that with hypocrisy when you "kill meatcucks". Have fun with your tribalism

I gave you an example if.
It was if you have only dogs,and only them,you will eat them to survive.
I am not killing animals,when I buy animal meat I support it,but I do not do it.
There is your answer to:
>Why kill animals when you don't have to?
Yeah I made my choice,vegans are healthier than American,congratulations.
Japan is healthier than you.

inb4 >b-but u have 2 eat twenty pounds of kale vegans btfo

Low calorie troll

nice shit post,100 grams of beef is 27 grams and cabbage is 1.3 grams

>I need to chew more, pls pity me :,(
>The lives of billions of animals are worth less than me being force ot chew a little more

Please post vid of eating hundreds of calories worth of kale. I'll get the popcorn ready.

It still invalidates the "meat has the most protein" argument made above. Try again.

Truthers have less logical fallacies than you cucks

hold on, it's still popping but almost there. You have your wheelbarrow full of kale ready?

inb4'd
Nice strawman though.

DURR HURR MEATKEKS EAT MUTATED CELLS THAT WEREN'T RECOGNISED BY THE BODY'S IMMUNE SYSTEM FUCKING RETARDS

Yes. Exactly.

Alright, if you find it easier to eat a pick-up truck worth of kale per meal, that's straight. Have fun living a guilt-free life with your car that helps destroy the ozone, your veggies that have pretty much directly affected animals and your excess carbs.

>argument from ignorance

>Strawman argument

That's why veganism started in first world countries. Bunch of fags can't handle some gore.

>i'm superior to everyone around me

Maybe if your mouth is constantly full of kale you can shut the fuck up.

>their food
top kek

>mfw gladiators and ninjas ate a vegan diet

>zooms in on human digestive system digesting meat perfectly fine

>ninjas ate a vegan diet
>citation nowhere