/hlg/ Hair Loss General - Norwood 4 Boiz Edition

Currently at a 4, should i just end it or hop on fiansteride?
Where are you on the norwood scale?

Other urls found in this thread:

ijtrichology.com/article.asp?issn=0974-7753;year=2013;volume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat
forhims.com/
youtu.be/HRVH8Lk9nLs
youtu.be/W-LK_ch13sY
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24017973
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1 at 18 years old
my dad has all his hair at 53 but his dad and my uncle got bald. lets see which genes i got

27 here currently at 1 still but possibly soon headed toward 3 vertex... which is the worst

balding from the front is fine because you can just go for a Jason Statham type look but balding from the back will never look ok. Once you get a bald spot in the back you just have to shave it all.

I'm at 3 vertex/4. Buzz it or shave it. You will look fine, especially if you're fit. I get way more attention from grills since I buzzed.

There's no point in taking pills that may or may not fuck with your hormones and sexual function. If you take them for years, you're going to be out several thousand dollars. Invest the money or spend it on self improvement.

ijtrichology.com/article.asp?issn=0974-7753;year=2013;volume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat

shit works brah.

28yo. 3 vertex/4. Just gonna roll with it, it works pretty well with a short fashy and I look good bald anyway. I'd like to remove some head moles though

tldr?

Man can only save himself and never be saved.

25, nw2

would probably be worse but i got on fin and it completely stopped the balding. added min and ket and it's actually started growing back at the temples :)

>tfw diffuse thinning all over crown

shit is unironically the worst. i would take receding hairline any day over this

daily reminder that balding in 2018 is a choice

forhims.com/

I think I hit 2 recently. I used to use prework out twice a week, started using it three times a week and feel like I notice the hair on the sides slightly thinning. So I'm going back to only 2 days a week to using it because it had no effect during that time.

>tfw you can't tell the difference anymore between marketing schemes and legit services

Anyone confirm on this site?

$28.50 for a month of fin is a bad deal, no?

Terrible. I pay about $10 for 3 mo supply, though I have to cut the tablets.

Where do you buy it without a prescription though

just go get a script, it's so easy.

How often do you need to see the doc to get a new script?

I don't see anything other than a hairsystem a good option desu. It's the only thing that fixes your hair 100%, it's not permanent, and it doesn't damage your body.

Why not do it? Because it's embarrasing? fuck that

Depends on your doctor. I just started and my doc gave me 30 count for 5mg, with two refills. He advised getting a pill cutter and cutting them into quarters, so I'm good for a year.

Why have they all got neckbeards?

Does fin only stop balding and not regrow? Case by case?

Some say it only stops, some say it does both

site is legit, i don't use it though
i heard it advertised on joe rogan or something
i might use it to get dick pills

if you're anxious about talking to your irl doctor, that's what this site is for, it's a tele-doctoring thing

That actually depends on the person. Fin will, at minimum, stop further balding. You can also supplement with other shit that will help hair grow back.
The only real "problem" with fin is that if you stop taking it, everything it preserved will fall out.

Got a dracula hairline going, maybe norwood 2/3.

I haven't noticed it change much since I was 18 years old though, and I can still style it and people never notice. I hope I can be one of those guys who thins and recedes a bit in their twenties and then holds onto it for another 10-20 years, anyone here like that?

>people never notice
that's what you think

this, pajeet study confirmed

>mfw don't care about balding because it's the least of my problems with my looks

starting fin tomorrow.
if it doesn't work i will kill myself.

if youre going bald, just shave your fucking head and grow a beard. women dont care if a guy is bald, but they do care if a man is insecure about being bald. just own it. be a fucking rock star and women will flock to your enormous swinging balls of confidence

shut the fuck up virgin, no one needs your cope advice

21, Norwood 3.

I lost a bunch of hair when I was 19, haven't lost a noticeable amount since then. I think it may have been stress + wearing long hair in a ponytail that caused my hairline to recede. So if my bald spots are due to scarring, is there anything I should try? I'm guessing a transplant would work, but I am broke.

t. Bald and insecure

you can regrow it since your young if can avoid stress
>danny roddy

There are a few others. Topical aspirin caffaine niacinimide to scalp all proven to work without killing your manlyness. taurine is as effective as finiastriside and improves male horomones rather than kill them. much cheeper too.

hair follicles burn sugar almost exclusively the diets pushed here are ant sugar...

24, number 2/3, but only really in the past 6 months or so. I've been under a huge amount of stress in that time and been super depressed/anxious. but things are looking up now so not as stressed/depressed.

am i doomed or is it just temporary?

>23 years old
>just shy of NW3
>occasionally friend makes joke about it during banter
>laugh it off and fire back
>conversation continues normally
>feel like shit inside for a half hour

On Fin and minoxidil right now. Nothing noticeable year but I pray that it does something. I have a giant skull (XXL hat size) and I'm a lanklet, no way in hell I could pull off the shaved look.

I've got possible MPB so now I'm Dermarlling, applying minoxidil, taking a hair stack of 3000mg PSO, 2400mg Saw Palmetto, 10,000mcg Biotin, and 1 generic Hair, Skin, and Nails tablet every day.

My hair is gonna be dank and thick af after all this. I'm also gonna be dermarolling and applying minoxidil to my facial hair.

>tfw been balding since 14

You should probably ask your friend to stop making jokes about your hair if it bothers you that much.

This, is the god damn Norwood Scale.

Whatever you posted is completely fucked and doesn't show natural rear temple progression. Your Norwood 2 has the same temple area as everyone without any pattern baldness.

Anyone else here a hat prisoner? Feels bad man, I miss my hair.

Same. All the men from my mother's side went completely bald at the age of 18. My hairline started receding at the age of 14 and I started thinning at 16. Father's side has god-tier hair genetics and I got none. Life is fucked bro.

for life it seems.
rather just die sometimes, lad.

What's that thing about forehead wrinkles to determine where your hairline started?

I think I'll just get a hair system.
It's the pretty word for wig 2.0, but they are fucking great.
>undetectable
>can swim, shower, work out
>maintenance is 2 hours each week at most
>not very expensive
I mean look at these guys. If you are a hairlet this is the only sensible choice in the long run.
youtu.be/HRVH8Lk9nLs
youtu.be/W-LK_ch13sY

Scrunch your forehead, the middle of the top line is where your child/teenage hairline probably was.

I have been sitting at 3A my whole life, feelsbad

Where is the science behind this?

I am about norwood III and never wear a hat or shave, just rockin the mentally insane homeless man look
who am I trying to impress?

post pics?

Would you like a fucking scientific study?

Ask a dermatologist or just look at your old photos and compare them to your current hair. I don't know why you would be concerned about this, but it's generally accepted to be true.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24017973
"It is apparent from the children studied in these yearbooks and from the multiple other observational and media sources (television, sports events, Olympic events from the 2012 Olympic Games) that male and female hairlines are similar in prepubertal children; all children start with a concave shaped hairline (ages 3–5 years). The leading central edge of the juvenile hairlines is always at the highest wrinkle of the furrowed brow. At the lateral temple borders, the forehead is narrowed in young children because of the presence of lateral temple mounds that help establish the concave shape. Widow’s peaks are rare in boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 10 years, whereas the incidence increases in teenage girls and boys. The widow’s peak never extends below the highest crease of the furrowed brow (in children or adults) and, when it appears, it indicates a rising frontal hairline around it. The lateral temple mounds crowd the lateral borders of the forehead of young children, women, and some men, and there is rarely a temple peak in juvenile or female hairlines while the temple mounds are present. As the lateral temple mounds recede laterally and posteriorly, a temple peak often appears. Both the widow’s peak and the temple peak are remnants of the midline juvenile hairlines and the lateral temple mound of the concave hairline. "

how bad is it?
yes i know i have acne.

w-will there ever be a cure?

In this case acne is worst that balding

Hairline is good, just mature. Keep an eye on it, especially the temple areas.

However, I'm not sure if your thinning or if you just have nappy hair. If it's always been like that, don't worry about it. If you are starting to thin out, you may want to look into your options for hairloss.

There will a least be a cure for stopping the progression of balding, and we already have a few drugs that practically do that, but regeneration of follicles is harder and most treatments only seem to help a bit.

NW2 here my middle bit is still wide enough I can wear a fringe though.

I don't want pseudoscience to be spread around (like mewing).
You da real MVP.

Same person.

>tfw 5'5
>tfw huge nose with a curve
>tfw NW7
>tfw acne scarring over entire face
>tfw incredibly pale skin
>tfw 4.5" boner
>tfw a load of saggy skin and stretch marks where I've lost weight too quickly
>tfw zero prospects and work in a petrol station on close to minimum wage
>tfw only slept with two girls, both of which I paid for

I think I've literally been dealt a worse hand than anyone else on Veeky Forums

damn

Jesus Christ, man...
F

F
Eat McDonalds for ur hair

>>tfw zero prospects and work in a petrol station on close to minimum wage

can confirm not true

kek

Bullshit. I ate McDonalds all the time and that fucked my hairline up even worse than it already was.

where my Norwood II boys at

does finasteride work?
ffs, no one can give an answer to this question.

Im like a 3a. Receding temples is common in my family. Recommend me a haircut

Of course it fucking works mate. There wouldn't be millions of men using it if it didn't. I know quite a few guys on it, the earlier you use it into your loss the better the outcome.

you want to get a real close bald shave.
start from the neck and make sure to cut deep enough to end your suffering.

>tfw norwood III
try and keep up m8

My friend was on it and he couldn't get hard. Some others report not being able to get hard after having used it for a long time and stopped. Look into Regaine (minoxidil), the prescribed version, not the over-the-counter one. Check if you're compatible. It's applied topically and won't affect your dink so if it works you won't have to trade hair for erection.

Let me clarify something here. A mature hairline(Norwood 2) is quite different than balding. 95% of white men will develop a mature hairline before they turn 27-29.

70% of Men will start balding at one point and progressing into the other Norwoods, but that still leaves 25% of men that will keep their mature hairline forever.

You don't have to worry about hair loss until you get beyond a Norwood 2. Keep an eye on your hairline and watch out for thinning, but you don't have to take Fin or do anything else until you confirmed that you are balding.

This image shows the progression to a mature hairline.

Minoxidil will only increase hair growth but won't stop the follicles from dying off. It may slow hairloss for a year or two, but it will likely keep going if you do have MPB.

is finasteride + minodoxil the answer?

minoxidil*

Depends on where you are at hair loss wise. I find minoxidil a bit overrated for the price/effectiveness/time spent, in people who are already taking Finasteride. If Finasteride isn't working, you're probably going to lose your hair regardless, unless you hop on something similar like the newer drugs in FDA approval stages 2/3.

As for other regrowth options, Ketoconazole shampoo is less than $20 per year and is more effective than 2% minoxidil. You apply it once or twice a week and that's it. Derma rolling has a similar effect but less research.

Just shave your shit man. I held out way too long and spent too much money on haircuts.

It looks very bizarre when a grown ass man has a really low hairline.

Yeah, once you get past 30 it can look like your hairline has been slowly invading your forehead over time...

Last thread I got into a huge argument with one of the Lookism guys. They usually believe that anything other than a Norwood 1 hairline will forever end your chances of getting laid and they will often get a hair transplant to get back to that point. Those idiots are part of the reason why I made my last post. Norwood 2 are the male adult standard. Women don't even notice the difference and in some cases, you'll look better with it.

Anyone tried those caffeine shampoos thatve gotten big lately?

I'm taking a hair stack, alongside dermarolling, minoxidil application, and ketoconazole shampoo. Only just about to start, so I guess I'll see the results eventually.

This is my regimen and I've noticed very good results. Depending on how quickly you caught it and what NW stage you're in, you should be hopeful. Stick with it, it works.

I'm in the 'I didn't think I was even in MPB stage but It's been mentioned by a couple people online that I may have it' stage

Like I've said in previous threads, if you even think there's a chance of balding, do something about it. The quicker you react, the better your chances. In my experience if you think you may be balding, you are. People you know will not be honest with you, they'll tell you what they think you want to hear. Be honest with yourself. Why no finasteride though?

this

does having a visible scalp on the top of my head mean im balding

>just buzz/shave it bro, you'll look good even without hair

C O P E.

Are you taking Finasteride yet? You may want to delay it until you reach the NW 2.5 stage or see thinning.

The Internet is notorious for believing everyone is balding, when in reality, some of these people have plain mature hairlines and won't progress until they are in their 50s, if ever. I believe Finasteride can be ill advised at this point and you may want to keep it up your sleeve if it progresses.

I'm not a huge believer in the permanent side effects of Finasteride, but it's never ideal to mess with hormones when it's not yet necessary. We are likely to see better topical treatments that stop progression without entering the system in the near future.

>be me
>18yo already at 3
>20yo at 4
>embrace skull shaved + viking beard swole mode
>at 7 now but my look is the same for a decade and will continue that way

I should add that Ketoconazole shampoo does have some slight effect of inhibition of DHT. Likely MPB and the maturing process are similar and are influenced by DHT. It may be possible that the shampoo could stop a very low balding process.

>The quicker you react, the better your chances.
Yes and no. You're either respond to Fin or you don't. There's generally some regrowth and you shouldn't wait until you're completely bald to start, but it's not unreasonable to delay it until you know for sure you are balding. Again I'll mention that 95% of white men will have a mature hairline before they turn 30. For most men, it will start in the late teens, early twenties. You shouldn't listen to people that don't know what they are talking about, on the Internet or in real life.

I thought I was balding four years ago due to the Internet hypochondriacs. My hairline has remained almost the same, and ironically, if I have lost any hair, it was probably due to stressing about it.

Imagine being this pathetic lmfao

But it could have been just as likely to be MPB, and that delay could have cost you hair. There's no harm in trying finasteride and dropping it if you have side effects. It has none that are permanent. It takes such a long time to work that any delay will likely be costly.

It's not just as likely at all. Nearly all men will see a Norwood 1.5-2 before their late twenties as a natural progression. Without looking up the statistics, only 30% or so will start balding in their twenties and then the likelihood increases over time.

If the delay cost your hair, you probably had a very aggressive hair loss that was completely obvious. Most people with a NW 2.5 or NW 3 should regrow most of their hair with a proper approach. As for the time it takes to "work", minoxidil and other treatments can hold your hairloss for years.

What if you don't have MPB, or at least not until later in life? It it takes 30 years and you spend $250 a year on products, that's $7,500 and countless hours of your time. Finaseride isn't candy, there could be some long term effects that we don't yet know about. Recently it came out that it could increase your chance of a rare cancer.

Thank you for your retarded advice. But this a thread for those who haven't given up yet

>tfw super fine hair

My hairline is immaculate, but I want thick heavy locks. Will minoxidil give me this? Or will it do nothing?

got dat dere 3 and its makin my damn forehead look massive

He went from a 4/10 baldie to an 7/10 after sticking the hair on. You can even see the exact moment his confidence returns when the hair goes on.