Hey noobs!

don't fall for the SS meme.
Remember Veeky Forums is a troll site, do the exact opposite of whatever they recommend.

"they" is you. So by your own logic I should do starting strength.

Don't drink soymilk guys or you're gonna regret it.
t. gyno

k thanks user i'll go back to that shitty ass 3x10 10 exercise random machines schedule my gym front office worker made when i was filling out my fucking form four years ago

yeah do a brosplit instead so you can take over a year to bench 1pl8

Sage

i've been drinking soy ,milk all my teenage years and all kind of soy products and i don't have the slightest gyno

>Listening to larping faggots who shill SS
LOL
That's adorable.

I'm doing SS right now and getting thick and juicy. Just do an amrap set for your last upper body working set and weighted pullups on powerclean days. My gf is amazed how thicc I'm getting in only a couple of weeks and squat has gone up over 100lbs.
It's a good program but it should be only done for a couple months.

listen here, you can't call people faggots and use words like adorable

>I'm doing SS right now
>Just do an amrap set for your last upper body working set

no, you are not doing SS right now

don't do something that isn't SS and then credit your results/blame your lack of results on SS, when you didn't do SS

Just do a weighted version using tools you don't know how to use or have of a workout you probably can't do in the first place bro
that's all it taks

>Welcome to fit, board of LARPing skinnyfats shilling SS to noobs

Just did.
My dick remains shit free and I have no boners for traps.

Jesus christ you sound like a woman. You know exactly what he means but just like to bitch and moan. And then telling him not to do something like a dog. Roastbeef detected

>Just do a weighted version using tools you don't know how to use or have of a workout you probably can't do in the first place bro
>that's all it taks
?????

Pullups you fucking imbecile.

How many of the fat asses and twinks out out of shape females that you sucker into doing SS can actually do pullups or chinups.
Let alone do weighted variations or even know that weighted variations are possible?
Not even going to go into how telling mostly out of shape ignorant people to just do powercleans, a far far far more dangerous movement then squats.

no, I don't know exactly what he means, I can only assume he means what he wrote in his post which is that he's doing some bastardized semi GSLP and not SS

don't say you're doing SS when you're doing something else

faggot

But traps aren't gay

thanks man, you seem cool
just defending me and you don't even know me
but I agree
you all know what I mean
I took the foundation of SS and just threw a couple more upper body reps in, still basically the system
workout 3x a week, eat fuck loads, rest a lot and keep upping the weight while keeping volume and variation low
anyway, high five bro

but I do 3x5 pullups with 50lbs hanging from me nig

>not reading the book
>YNTDP

well I guess I am fortunate, having learned how to do a pullup when I was like 12 years old, like I assume most kids did
and I used to attend a weightlifting class everyday after school and learned clean, squat, powerclean, snatch, powersnatch, pulls and every other fucking barbell iteration in existence
also there are coaches, videos, books, instructions everywhere on how to do anything you desire
and you're making a weighted pullup sound like some fandangled and complicated task??? wtf, it's called a dip belt, not difficult to use

I've been able to bang out multiple sets of 12 chinups as a mostly overweight 300+ pounder.
Even doing assisted one arm chinups.
What's your point?

Your humble brag/LARP has nothing to do with the stupidity of what was posted.

I have a question, let's say you just started doing SS and you're benching 115 lbs and you bang out your third set no problem, you feel like you could do more reps, why wouldn't you? you're not going to be benching for possibly 4 more days, why not just reach in and bang out a few more reps
there will come a time when you can only do 5 reps, why limit yourself before you reach that wall? I don't get it

I am speaking as the voice of the populace. You see the populace as a group of people who can't do a chinup and can't figure out how to add weight to their bodies while doing so. Where did you conjure up this image of the world? I'm giving my perspective and I'm sure many others can vouch for me that a chinup and the weighted variation are quite commonly practised and if not, easily attainable by someone who is not obese.
and congrats on your accomplishments, I think you should proud

>I am speaking as the voice of the populace
No, you're a LARPING faggot who was called out for being a retard.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

because if 3x5 is enough to force an adaptation in a novice (and it is), then all doing an AMRAP set does is create additional fatigue

since the goal of SS is to add weight each workout, we want the recovery and adaptation portion of the SRA (stress-recovery-adaptation) curve to occur before the next session, so this additional fatigue is counterproductive

AMRAPs also create fatigue that is disproportionately high compared to the extra stimulus you get from them, since the relative intensity is very high and the reps tend to be grindy towards the end while the increase in volume is small

there is a time and a place for AMRAP sets but it's not on a novice LP program

your example of a bench AMRAP fucks things up less badly though, since bench and OHP aren't too terribly hard to recover from, but if you need extra volume to progress an AMRAP set probably won't be enough anyway and it's probably time to move on to intermediate programming where fatigue accumulation between sessions is a-ok (because session to session addition of weight is not the goal)

I know leddit is all about GSLP now because they're anti-rippetoe, but GSLP is really not going to get you further than SS is in terms of linear progression, the only thing I like about that program is that it has you pressing prior to squatting (which is something some SS coaches do anyway)

what part of any of my posts is LARP?
(larping is making up fantasy stuff right?)

>being an analet

damn dude
eloquent post
I can't argue with this
I'm going to change my shit up now
thanks

>do the exact opposite
Hey guys... DON'T do SS...
;)

Yes.
You are lying online to sucker stupid people into doing something stupid for your own benefit and not theirs.

what would be my benefit? I am not mark rippetoe
I do not sell his books
what was the lie? specifically?

Wouldn't LARPing imply they are doing it irl...

Every day there's someone who talks about this lift or that.
As for why you would lie?
Who knows.
Maybe you are paid to lie about the effectiveness of certain programs online.

You never even said what I lied about. I want to know what I said that you think is unbelievable. Please, give me the satisfaction. I'm already complimented but I want the juicy DEETS
JUICY DEETS

You fuckin bitch LMAO

If this is the only change he made to the program (so he's actually increasing the weight the prescribed amount every time) he's getting 6 or MAYBE 7 reps on his last set. So two extra reps per session. A maximum of 6 extra upper body reps per week YNDTP OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT'S NOT SS

Kill yourself you skinny pussy.

A resistance band for assisted chinups, or a dip belt for weighted chinups, are both extremely simple tools and take about thirty seconds to properly understand and utilize.

What the fuck lol

It's a troll.

Shut the fuck up you dumb faggot skitzo tinfoil-topped nigger

yes, you scrawny DYEL, he's NDTP

his program may even work better for him than SS would have, but he should not then tell people he did starting strength, and AMRAPing last set on a 3x5 LP is a pretty significant alteration to the program

now unless you deadlift 500+ don't even reply to my post because you're not worth my time

I do Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5
it's basically SS with more upper body volume.

Starting strength has the best poster boy for their program, that lard ass Zach Evetts.

That’s the result you get from GOMAD and following a fatass coach.

Everyday a beginner to the gym will ask what program he should do, Veeky Forums will usually respond with either Starting Strength or Stronglifts and order them to eat a lot.

A few months will pass and the beginner have stalled and is confused with why he’s not gaining any muscle despite putting so much weight on the bar.

They say he should stick with the program, get a lot of sleep and eat even more food and not to switch programs unless he’s reached “intermediate” lifts.

The beginner sticks with it and runs it for 1 year, while making very little progress.

Here is where the problem actually lays: Starting Strength and Stronglifts does not actually build muscle.

Rippletits says only underweight young men should do SS+Gomad. This guy was a fat fuck who decided to eat an additional 2400kcal a dayand turned into a fatter fuck.

just started reading up on zach,
lord that boy got stronk fast

I went from bar to 1 plate in a month during a joke ppl program

Pretty sure you can make gains for literally god damn anything as long as youre consistent and progressively overload appropriately

It really troubles me when a bunch of fat guys such as *some* of those on the SS forums — proud of being shockingly out of condition — feel they are qualified to advise people on weight loss and body recomposition and “call out” anyone who does things a little differently and succeed, looking for evidence of their “failure”.

I don’t know if the SS partisans/internet ultras realize the implications of telling a light framed skinny-fat guy to go and get 15-20kg fatter in exchange for a < 5kg muscle gain. I'm talking blood sugar problems, further hormonal issues, etc. Most of those guys don't give a damn about bloodwork or health. Plenty of them will have ceased lifting by 40 years of age through injury.

Linear progressions take so many forms. The reason why ones like SS are so popular is that they've been created with a view to being inherently "programmable". To me, progression encompasses so many things:

– more reps
– more sets (don't go mad and jump from 2 to 10 sets per exercise next session, though!)
– better *quality* reps by feeling the muscles working more
– increased TUT per set
– same weight/reps/sets but shorter resting periods
– etc…

Weight on a bar is just one way to go about things and the easiest in the early weeks, even if in a caloric deficit. But it comes to an end and there's no reason to push yourself towards injury or obesity when your goal is to look better shirtless and optimise health + hormones + nutrient uptake/partitioning.

Groups on the internet, such as the SS forums, have probably left untold amounts of guys disappointed with how they've looked after 3-12 months. Meanwhile, the "bro" who goes to the gym and does curls, bench, shoulders and a few chin-ups and leg presses totally blows the SS "student" out of the water, getting bigger arms, shoulders, pecs and upper back without that much weight gain.

What's your opinion on the daily chins/pushups, fasted walking and conditioning work involved with GSLP?

I'm on week 6 of GSLP and I really like the AMRAP sets because I get motivated to hit the same reps as last session even though the weight went up. I could see how it could interfere with recovery when the weight gets heavy. Hitting rep PR's on a reset seems like it would help keep me motivated but I havne't stalled yet.

I wouldn’t blame the likes of Mark Rippetoe for this trend (he has made numerous clarifications, and has never presented himself as other than a strength coach) but rather the army of dedicated SSers that present the program as the answer to all problems and denigrate anyone doing things differently with endless pejoratives and e-statting.

They say:

Wanna get jacked? Do SS. Wanna get aesthetic? Do SS. Wanna bodybuild? Do SS. Wanna become CEO of a Fortune 500 company? Do SS.

Only on the internet does this madness exist! Only on the internet do people think that squatting and eating a 2000 calorie surplus a day will cut bodyfat, build and sculpt your bicep peak and give you boulder shoulders.

I’ve never known or met anyone IRL who has looked well built and lean who built themselves up using a low volume, low rep, CNS wrecker of a routine. Plenty have done it with bench presses or inclines, pulldowns/pull-ups, curls, shoulder side raises, rope pushdowns and leg presses though (I would also add that diamond push-ups are awesome tricep builders, and high rep OHPs blow your shoulders out like you’re on trenbolone!).

The people who do Starting Strength are recognizable immediately ie a big ass, wide hips, small arms and shoulders and minimum 30% bodyfat.

Rippetoe seems like a dogmatic asshole based on his online presence

I like Greg Nuckols tho he's a big friendly bear who's strong as fuck

I dont know how SS is such a fucking big thing
its literally just a beginners ting so they know what to do
once you know what to do you dont even need a programme
just lift heavy weights and get jacked brah

GOMAD + SL 5x5 + arm work

name a better beginner program

> literal Soyboy

Changing your routine everyday based on the first Veeky Forums meme you've read on that day

So is SS a big meme?
I want to start bulking/lifting to build muscle but i already am uncomfortably flabby. Was thinking clean bulk w/ starting strength, maxing animal protein and veggies.
I want to be b i g but i dont wanna look like a wide-hipped soyboy with no arms

I allowed myself to fall into the trap of the whole “eat big to get big” dogma, whilst doing a pathetically low volume of lifting such as that found in 3×5 programs, I do feel that others (especially very young guys who don’t know any lifters IRL) will continue to get suckered into GOMAD whilst doing routines that last no longer than 20-25 minutes and just make them hate what they see in the mirror.

I know I did. I was fat, injured, still had skinny arms and didn’t lift again for years until more recent times. That was once the last of my tendonosis had cleared up, haha.

Not to mention, those routines just aren’t fun. They’re billed as “simple” but most of them have some elaborate deload process built in once you plateau that you’d never remember unless you did nothing but read that program day and night.

Basically if you ask anything about aesthetics in the starting strength forum, you are immediately told by the coaches to eat 6000 to 10,000 calories and avoid isolation exercises and cardio and only do SS . If you try to argue, you are immediately labeled as a TROLL.