This is me now, not flexing. I want hypertrophy. Should I cut with 1500 Cal a day or say fuck it and bulk at 2500 Cal...

This is me now, not flexing. I want hypertrophy. Should I cut with 1500 Cal a day or say fuck it and bulk at 2500 Cal? Gonna be doing Greyskull LP.

>lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks and look exactly the same

If you're just starting out, just cut. You're still skinnyfat, and you'll be making noob gains, so you'll be alright. Once you're no longer getting any stronger, and you've lost your pooch, then start to think about bulking.

Been doing that for a while and not making any gains whatsoever. Actually been consistently lifting for almost a year. Made very little progress, but my diet wasnt great so I chalked it up to that. Now I literally do not eat anything but chicken, fruits, veg and protein shakes.

Bump

Every day I start with either 4 sunny side up eggs or a bowl of special K protein cereal and low-fat lactaid milk. For lunch I have 2 scoops of protein powder with water and 1 or 2 little bags of planters tropical mix nuts (190 Cal each). I come home and make pic related pretty much every single dinner. Then another protein shake with 2 scoops for a total of 4 scoops of protein powder, 130 Cal, 25g protein per scoop

Forgot to mention, this is my current cutting plan I've been doing for just under 3 weeks. Lost a few pounds which is nice but I don't see it. Lifts are staying just about the same.

>>>/fast/

Up the intensity of your workout, if you have been lifting for a year and you feel like you don't see any difference then I would suggest you get out the habit of counting reps, your muscles can't count reps. You should feel as uncomfortable as possible without hurting yourself, and I guarantee that you don't feel like that when your finished with your set.

bloatmax

Cut

Count your fucking calories or you’ll never lose weight

if you've been doing that for a while why are you still chubby

I'm going as intense as I can while keeping form and sticking to programs. I go till failure on pretty much everything. But I'll try to go Super Saiyan

I do. 1500 a day. Usually a little less

See

I was bulking for most of that time, gaining very little muscle. I starting doing a little under 3 weeks ago and lost about 6 pounds so far.

Why do clowns like op just throw out random numbers?

How do you know you will lose weight on 1500 and how much?

Work out your daily main then cut/bulk slow from there, weigh yourself every week and track everything you eat

Of course you still look the same, you have next to no muscle, and that 8 pounds could be water weight not fat

>How do you know you will lose weight on 1500 and how much?
Because that should be 500 under my TDEE? Do you think I should go lower? Only been at it 3 weeks.

The number should be to where youre losing 1.8lbs a week, if youve lost weight eating 1500, then carry on eating 1500 until your weight loss stops then lower the kcals.

Its only been 3 weeks, you need to keep going, you wont see much at first but after 2 months you will look a lot different then you can lean bulk.

It took me 6 weeks of weight loss to notice a difference, I was like you, I didnt have much muscle and thought I was bigger than I actually was.

Lift heavy, low reps
Compound exercises
Legs, back, chest, arms, shoulders, calfs
Bigger muscles should get the most work.
Reverse pyramid on weights, start heaviest, take some 5s off and do 2 more reps each set.

Ok. I won't bitch about it untill 3 months pass. What should be my goal before I lean bulk? I'm about 142lbs now. I'm 5'6".

Start heavy, lower weight as sets go on. Got it.

Bro, you should focus on what you look like more than how much you actually weigh, look at me

I'm 6'4, 168lbs
For that weight I should be stick thin but im not, im lean with 16.5 inch arms and abs.

I used to be 240lbs fat, I thought I would get down to 200lbs then be "muscular", got to 200lbs but still fat, got down to 190lbs, still fat, posted online and was told I weigh "too little" for my height so I kept cutting slowly until I looked lean, I counted everything and it took me 9 months but now im lean and finally I can lean bulk from a lean base.

I look "Jacked" in real life but I only weigh 168lbs.

Again, count everything, keep cutting and dont stop or cheat, it will take you way long than you think but keep going. Keep lifting. It might take you months but you WILL look great at the end

I was recommended to do Greyskull. When they say "alternating" do they mean super sets? Also opinions on Greyskull. It's in pic related

Forgot pic

Alright, thanks bro but
>Keep lifting
I am, but I really would like to be told what program I should do.

I do PPLPPLoff, mon-sat with sun off

I like strength mixed with hypertrophy, my arms "blew up" when I switched from 5×5/SS to PPL, i still do low reps very heavy weight mixed with 8-10 reps kind heavy weight. 6 sets of 8 reps heavy bicep curl on my pull days (so 12 sets total a week for bi's) really grew my arms.

Like I said before, I've been cutting for 9 months but my arms still grew a bit when I started hitting them twice a week directly

nice, flexxin' a cep for the ladies I see ;)

You've got very little muscle. More mass = looking more jacked. If you aren't gonna be happy carrying that fat through a year long lean bulk (minimum), cut until you're happy, but honestly no one will be able to tell.

Btw congrats on three weeks

Let me be a bit more clear

Mon-wed PPL is low reps, very heavy (expect for the 6 sets bicep curls on pull days, thats 8 reps)

Thurs-Sat PPL is 8-10 reps, kinda heavy

Trying to have visible abs, what is a good amount of cal/day for a turbo manlet to eat?

This, the more muscle you have, the more jacked you will look.

Also having muscle means you can get away with being a higher bf

It all depends on you, there's no "set" number for anyone

IMO you should work out your daily main OR just cut 100-200 kcals less starting tomorrow for a week, weigh yourself next week and see how much you lost.

Basically, you remember what you ate yesterday right? Try to count all that food into kcals, starting tomorrow, eat the same as yesterday but 100-200 kcals less, weigh yourself next week (in the morning before you eat and after using the bathroom) and see if youve lost 1.8lbs, if not then drop another 100kcals

Its going to take a couple of weeks to work out how much you need to eat to lose 1.8lbs a week

Abs are made in the kitchen BUT if theyre not built then you will really need to get super lean for them to show, if your lean but dont have abs then you might as well go on a slow lean bulk and build them up with high volume squats and deadlifts, direct ab work helps but I fell for the crunches meme and ignored squats and deads.

Thanks. I'm looking into PPL and there seems to be a million and a half different kinds. Got a link to a guide for a good one?

Alright, I'll try 1300 for a while, that's gonna be tough and my lifts are gonna be even more pathetic than usual, but might as well go for it. Sooned I lose the fat sooner I can bulk

Dont you think 1300 is low? How much do you think you eat in a day and have you actually counted everything?

Who knows, maybe if you count everything (including drinks, oil, sugar, snack, sauce etc)

You will find that youre actually eating more than you think which can actually be a good thing because then you could start cutting from 1700 for example so you wont get hungry, remember to eat filling food like chicken, lots of vegs, whey protein, anything you can eat thats low in kcals but makes you feel more full plus drink a lot more water.

And you have the right mentality, youre going to be smaller and maybe weaker but who cares, your aim is to get lean, who cares how small youre going to be, you will be happy when you start bulking from a lean base and your body will thank you in the long run when you cut in the future, next time will be easier and shorter because you didnt bulk when you were fat.

1300 seems absurdly low
i'm retardedly short and i should be eating ~1500-1700 to lose weight