Do those muscle vibrator things actually help build abs?

Do those muscle vibrator things actually help build abs?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3880086/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20091621
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=22095207
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27068348
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4444424/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol of course not

dooooooooooooo

notttttttttttttttttt

buyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

>Don't ask how i know

curious to know too

bump

Do they fuck.

Can I stick it up my butt?

Asking for a friend.

I remember someone saying that you can't "get" abs, that they are what they are and all you can to is burn the fat in front of them. Sounded like nonsense to me but I don't really care enough to look into it.

>i remember someone saying practically factual but w/e lol idk whats going on lol
Why are you here?

that's what it would sound like if user told OP not to buy an ab vibrator while using one, coincidentally

Yeah I know you’re not supposed to “get abs” but supposedly it helps somehow. Everything I’ve read has either said it’s magic or its shit

I have horrendous APT with extremely weak abs and glutes, and no ab exercises seem to help (either hip flexors take over, as in the case of crunches and leg raises, or I just make zero progress whatsoever, as in the case of plank and ab wheel)

Should I give this a shot?

No. Nothing will work for you lmao

Do you run at all, user? No joke but for me going trail running helped strengthen my core more than anything else. But you've really got to challenge yourself and sprint like a mf up hills. Remember your core muscles are slow twitch, not fast twitch like your primary movers.

The research points in a positive direction. EMS stimulates 100% of your muscle fibers. I have this one and it works really well. I was surprised.

Here is something to support your claim
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3880086/

>The stimulation group also had a 100% increase in abdominal endurance versus a 28% increase in the control group. Waist circumference decreased by of 3.5 cm in the stimulation group compared to no significant change in the control group. All 24 subjects in the stimulation group felt that their midsections were more “toned” and “firmed” and 13/24 (54%) felt that their posture had improved as a result of the stimulation. None of the control group subjects reported changes in these parameters. There were no significant differences in body weight, BMI, or skinfold thickness over the course of the study in either group. NMES, as used in the current study, resulted in significant improvements in the muscular strength and endurance of the abdominal region, as well as subject’s perceived shape and satisfaction of the mid-section.

which model do you use and how much did it cost?

He replied to OP who linked one you absolute fucking brainlet.

What the fuck. Reading this study and it actually seems legitimate. Is this a subtle marketing thread?

>There were no significant differences in body weight, BMI, or skinfold thickness over the course of the study in either group

>study done vs. no exercise group
Legitimate study should have had a third group that measured against moderate weight lifting group. ENMS is better than nothing, but not by much. ENMS is only useful for someone with some sort of disorder, very weak atrophied muscle, or someone with over an 80% discrepancy in bilateral muscle strength.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20091621

I don't understand why it wouldn't work. It makes you engage your core while it jiggles it about.
The issue is if you "need" this, you're a fat fuck and you will never lose the fat in your abs for the aesthetics.
I assume it would also work the muscles a stomach vacuum would as well, which would explain why it would slim your waist.

Basically, buy this if you're a skinny lazy fuck with little bodyfat. If you're fat, you will never get a 6 pack because you're a lazy fuck.
I wonder what would happen if you put it on your spinal erectors though.

So essentially if you're already weightlifting it isn't worth dropping money on one of these?

no.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=22095207

What about something that shocks you to make you contract your muscles in a focused area?

Cryolypolysis does more

It doesnt jiggle anything. It hust shocks you and you react by flexing. This is not how action potentials work that stimulate the muscle

>Cryolypolysis does more
Any good studies on it? I found one using pigs as a test subject, which noted loss of superficial fat but conclusion stated that it's only an initial finding so more testing, particularly on humans, needs to be done.
But I did find this gem.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27068348
Full-thickness wounds resulting from 'do-it-yourself' cryolipolysis: a case study.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4444424/

Stand up straight and keep your core tight.
That does more for your abs then any expensive contraption.

heh

inject soy on your hip flexors to fuck them up

These things are cheap as fuck. Not sure I believe their effectiveness.

vacuums? planks? supermans? back ext?

What's the old adage? And are made in the kitchen.

Look for skelly transformations... you can absolutely increase the size of your ab muscles just like any other muscle. I train the fuck out of mine and they're awesome because of it.

Yes and don't forget the frozen duck eggs from Mike