Seriously hope you guys don’t buy into the latest fitness scam

Seriously hope you guys don’t buy into the latest fitness scam.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28657911/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27735985/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4915454/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21214349/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24596744/
vimeo.com/220260052
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myofascial_release
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I asked yesterday and I'll ask again.
What the fuck is that?

>manedge
>theragun

Hmmmmm

Is this a sex thing?

It’s supposed to be a hand held massage machine, and it is being promoted by the biggest heads of the “fitness industry”. But as you should know compression =/= shear force. It’s the same reason why foam rolling does not work.

Yeah, I can see that, but I still don't understand. I can't make out what do you use it for.
You surely don't push that ball in your ass and if its a vibrator or something. I know of quite a few models that look way simpler.
Is this something americans need for their mutilated penises or what?

Foam rolling and these massagers have helped me with pain management.

So a vibrating ball on top of the most un ergonomic handle huh?
It's like power balance all over gain or something. Someone does a bad kickstarter project and people jump on board like retards.

Reminds me of a Bop It

Can I fuck it?

Found pic related should help

>yeah that's a thing
Looks written by a teenager.

Is this a fucking joke?
>a natrual (and all organic(plastic contraption made in china)) and you'll never need pain killers ever again!
All of the information on that pic is that it shakes in some way, but even that is concealed behind some stupid buzzwords. The rest is just some strange marketing masturbation.

How?

Yup, well said

But wait there’s more

WHy wouldn' I want to buy a gun that shoots sunlight?

>Pain typically manifests as one spesific frequency
I can't fucking do this man, this is too fucking stupid

Looks like a hand-mixer / drill with a lacrosse ball on it

Not him but I use foam rolling to help when I tweak my back. Compared to doing nothing it definitely makes a difference, i can get back to heavy lifting a day or two sooner on average.

I dunno but it works.

Here’s a treat,ent guide

They use vibrating massagers on race horses btw so it definitely works.

Kek I added it to basket I should buy it for the lulz

OP I’m gonna buy one just because you said not to

It’s like 90% placebo/blood flow to the area.

They perscibe homepathic remedies in England so they definitely work.

i assume because it breaks up scar tissue and improves blood flow.

i've used a lacrosse ball to massage out some knots in my shoulders. typically with a big knot it's swollen after, but returns to normal after about a day.

it also feels really good. like getting to that itch you've had for days.

Post a vid of you using it on anus plz.

....no homo

>$599

Again compression does not break up scar tissue.

oh yeah race horse maintainers are totally going to waste time and money on placebo
>nametripfag
here's your final you
nys faggot

My understanding was that using it could deactivate tight muscles and paired with stretching could improve mobility

Oh now you’re just horsing around.

ok

it still makes my shoulder feel better, without having to go get dry needled by the physical therapist (and i'm sure you're going to tell me how that's all BS too).

it's a quantifiable improvement of my quality of life, and while i would like to know a mechanism, i'm satisfied with the old engineering "we don't know why it works but we can model it and that's good enough for now" mindset.

“Deactivating your muscles” how do you re-activate them?

Tbh if it feels good do it, but just know that you’re not breaking up scar tissue, or knots, or improving mobility for the long term.

>how do you reactivate them
You just stop rolling them and use them at all

I will admit that foam rolling “tight spots” feels good and there should be more study’s on the mechanisms at work; but I just want to let you guys know what it is not doing; I don’t want you guys to waste your money on this bullshit sex you either.....because I love you guys.....

i'm always willing to listen to new ideas.

so how do you deal with chronic knots then?

You're a retard. The point of foam rolling is not to break up scar tissue, thus shear force is irrelevant. Though I guess you've only got the advertisers to blame for the false statements.

Are you a cardio bunny?

Hah!
Gayyy!!

>being retarded enough to spend 600 bucks on a sex toy because some influencer fags like their anus stimulated...

You should do some foam rolling you fat fuck

What’s the point if it’s a cylinder ?

Are you owg friendo? Foam rolling won’t help me lose weight

tripfags

>organic

i run on my off days, but my shoulders (traps) are what have knots, and i don't do anything cardio-ish with them.

Are you sure it’s not just doms?

though it did pop up after doing an extended BJJ session when i hadn't rolled hard in years.

yes, i know the difference between DOMS and a giant fucking knot in my shoulder.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28657911/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27735985/

So vibrators are good for recovery if injured
Got it

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4915454/

if you got ACL reconstruction and are a female volleyball/basketball player in her 20-30s.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21214349/

Well like I said if it feels good do it. Perhaps your volume is too high.

Welp welp

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24596744/

vimeo.com/220260052
GSP endorsed it so why shouldn't I use it?
Veeky Forums btfo

Ok spend 600$

you can get these handheld massagers for $20 on amazon btw i got one and it worked real good

>muscles tight & sore
>foam roll magic
>muscles not tight & sore

once again, i know the difference between DOMS and a knot. one big sign was, y'know, the giant lump on one of my traps.

i haven't done BJJ since. i've had the knot since. usually rolling it with a lacrosse ball then stretching helps, but if you don't have anything to add, why bother to respond?

like at this point i'm basically doing broscience to make it better.

if you have science science i'm all ears. but i've been active long enough that i know when i've got DOMS, when it's a knot, and that i've got possibly hypermobile ankles and low arches that don't collapse with a supination gait pattern.

What are doms

ask barbell medicine.

I hope to God that you're trolling boi. I'm baited so fucking hard. But on the off chance that you're serious, let me just tell you how unbelievably retarded you are you piece of shit. I've had friends who've committed suicide and I truly hope that you one day find the strength within to open a bottle of allergy medicine and swallow the whole god damn thing you piece of shit.

I give you 10$ for it, and im taking a risk here

>$599

Join the weak and kill yourself

FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE

US DOLLARS

>wew

I guarantee that pound for pound I'm stronger than your frail nu-male bitch ass.

Foam rolling has no effect on doms you dumb nigger, it’s a totally different feeling

You can diy one out of a jigsaw and a golf ball. People also use car buffers as massage tools and seem to be happy with them.

This reminds me of the time my friends mom electrocuted me every day with her weird quack device because she thought it would cure my acne.

>the brian

Is that a saw and a wood polish device?

>It’s like 90% placebo/blood flow to the area.
so if it works by improving blood flow to the area, it is invalid? Are you just bitching about it not working by a mechanism you approve of?

Foam rollers have never sold themselves on that mechanism. The mechanism is myofascial release. No one has ever told me in any way, shape or form that foam rollers nearks up scar tissue, shear force or anything else. It has always been sold as a shitty massage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myofascial_release

>I will admit that foam rolling “tight spots” feels good and there should be more study’s on the mechanisms at work; but I just want to let you
guys know what it is not doing; I don’t want you guys to waste your money on this bullshit sex you either.....because I love you guys.....
thanks, when did foam rollers and other such things start being sold as anything else than massage tools? They are clearly lying about this thing, "pain frequency" and other such bullshit terms, never heard that before outside of new-age circles.

>foamrolling doesn't work
Tripfags are almost always shite but this is /plg/tripfag-tier stupidity.

>spending $599 on a meme just to get replies from strangers online

does it come with bluetooth?

thanks for your concern but i'm not fucking retarded

when you see "alternative medicine" you should know it means "people with actual standards of evidence don't agree with me"

hanh the fuck up son. Frequency modulation? what in Gods fuck. Are they seriously trying to say that they are attaching actual data to these waves and if they are then it’s a waste of time because my muscle can’t pick up FM no matter how large they may or may not be. On the other hand, the retard device may be the receiver in which case, what signals are they receiving and why are they vibrating them into my body? This is both really retarded and really retarded at the same time

Nice dildo.

That’s the sauce

>can'taffordshit.jpg

Is this any more effective than using my wife's Hitachi sex wand for its designed purpose?

>Your awesome big brain
Can you really talk down to normies like this and get money out of them?

Yes.

who the fuck wrote this copy? Trash

You can buy 2 high end cordless hammer drills for less money. Or buy 6 cordless impacts.
Or buy 1 rotary hammer and 30 lacross balls. I'm sure you'd find a way to mount them eventually.

>$599
Aaaaaand you're company just died. Idiots.

>influencer
Let's get one thing clear. This Isn't a thing. Kill yourself if you ever even think about calling yourself this. Legitimately and thoroughly contemplate suicide, and reach there obvious conclusion.