What's the single most important piece of advice you wish you were told when first starting to lift and diet?

What's the single most important piece of advice you wish you were told when first starting to lift and diet?

There will be times where you slip up, grow lazy and fall. Try to fall forward.

If you stay consistent you'll save yourself a lot of disappointment

You're gonna waste a lot of time and effort if you keep drinking every day

just fucking eat

this

Its so simple and hard at the same time. If you eat on surplus and lift everyday for years then at the end of the journey treasure awaits you!

Yeah, I get decent numbers but look like crap, can't seem to stop, though.

>decent numbers

Decent indeed

Focus on strength/performance over trying to get shredded because being shredded is a meme that isn't maintainable, and its not even worth it because women don't give a fuck so long as you aren't above 15%

Eat big to get big.

Unironically wish someone would have told me earlier

Just eat.

Don't do fucking gomad.

For me it's actually kinda the opposite. I used to focus so much on gaining weight that in the end I just gained way too much fat. For me it would just be eat a little bit more than you usually would and you'll be fine. I have a consistent progress with just a 300 cals surplus.

Lifting natty is a waste of time, hop on gear ASAP

You'll get there.

Read more.

If you want a specific skill, practice it
Squating wont make you jump higher

Suplements and Protien powder are a meme. Most workouts are a meme. Its all a meme. All this stuff helps in the beggining to make a lifestyle change. Building a sense of community the communion of taking a post workout supplement, but after a while you are going to snap your shit up and realize that its more about not being fat and having a balanced lifestyle. Its about where you are at in 10 years not 1 or 2. Most dont make it. Youre best off running and not overdoing the calories. Think about your 50 year old self not you 18 year old self. What the use of hurting yourself. Youre not an athelete.

I was never gonna make it I just want to look great while I fail at life.

Ya but 90 percent of looking good is not being fat. Bruce Lee, a runner or basketball player look better than most people on this board. Always gonna cut. Just have the body you want now by not being a fatso. Bluking is a meme.

Do Shaolin kung fu

Eating, Cooking and Motivation to keep eating is the hardest part.

Being fit is not going to make you any less of a lonely looser, go into psycho therapy

Life is a meme, kill yourself

you're wild

>decent numbers

Lift heavy. Didnt follow this advice for a long time I was high rep guy.

I don't understand is protein powder going to make me fat?