/bb/

Why dont we have a bodybuilding general? We have plg, bw, even a fasting and a hairloss general and we dont have a bb? That seems dumb to me.

bump

Aight....

For how long should you do a full body 3 times a week and what should your stats on the compounds be before you move on to a hypertrophy routine?

Or should you just start with hypertrophy to begin with?

What is some good hypertrophy routines for beginners?

Would your beginner hypertrophy routine look different if you started right with it or did a full body strength routine before it?

I agree OP. I'm omw to becoming a bodybuilding historian myself. Always thought about making a thread like this but too lazy

While I could give you a million reasons as to why there isn't one you have to realize you're part of the problem
/plg/ exists because there are competitive PLers
/owg/ or /wlg/ died because there weren't competitive WLers
/fat/, /fast/, /hairloss/ etc all exist because there are people interested in losing weight (etc) and actively doing so
You requested a /bbg/ much like a virgin requests a gf. The problem he has is that he needs to sort his shit out, the gf will come
>what do you train like
>what do you eat like
>what do you look like
>what athlete of the sport interests you currently
>is there an interesting happening currently
You get the picture

I think that training for strength isnt really necesary if you want aesthetic. Sure, a person that neches 100 kilos will have a big chest, but he won't neccesarily look good.

Id just focus on gettin the ohp, bench, chin, squat and dl up. After a few months look in the mirror, see whats lacking. Maybe you lateral deltoids could use some love, or your biceps, so you add a few sets of lateral raises and curls. Also dont let your bdf go up too much.

Strength oriented training is a bit different - who gives a shit about bf%, or biceps if you wanna lift heavy af?

We can make this happen bro. What do you think about Arnold's opinion on moden bodybuilding? I personally think he has a point but hes always been a massive attention whor imho.

Bro, nothing happens until it happens. We make /bbg/ now and see if it sticks. Ive been here for a few years and never seen it, tho the board is clearly aesthetics oriented.

Not hypertrophy.
Do 5x5's or 3x5's for squat,bench,dl,ohp,chin ups,rows etc 2 times a week each. When you start to stall try to look for weak points and work on them. When you get stronger it means you are also gaining muscle

>/plg/ exists because there are competitive PLers
this, who here even competes on a bodybuilding stage? unless you do, youre not a bodybuilder, you just lift weights

Yeah they are not professional bodybuilders, doesnt mean they cant have bodybuilding as hobby.
Most people here exercise for the looks and that's what bodybuilding is about.

For threads like this, you should be required to attach progress pics to any post that offers advice or criticism. No point taking advice from somebody regurgitating shit they read on Veeky Forums with no results to show for it.

I like swords and Im not a knight, I like cooking and Im not a chef, I like music and Im not a musician, etc

As long as its constructive and reasonable advice, why the hell not?

Because posting (a good looking) body gives credibility to your advice
I may tell someone that they should do bosu ball curls with 2 kg dumbells. If my arms are tiny, that person should probably not follow my advice.
To put it another way, you said
>As long as its constructive and reasonable advice
Who says my advice is reasonable and constructive?
Hey, I'm all on board for a /bbg/. Let's just post pics and see how it goes.

We dont have threads like this because nobody knows anything about bodybuilding or lifting in general. People have lifted for more then 2 years and know what they are talking about dont come to this website or they post in plg and are in to power lifting.

If what you said were true, Jeff Seid's advice woyld be more valuable than Sheiko's or Rippetoe's because they both look like shit, which is obviously not so. I agree that sometimes it is helpful to the case, but to argue that posting body is requisite to giving good advice is plain stupid.

Many good looking boys come here, why do you think Veeky Forums's full of homos?

Strawman. Come on, you're better than this. Neither Boris nor Mark are bodybuilding oriented coaches. Also, they are coaches, and famous. The exact opposite of us (trainees, and anonymous). Their results should be measured by the performance of the athletes they train, not themselves

You can do full body routines forever, being full body doesn't mean it isn't for size. There isn't a hard, solid number for that, because most of the time you can do both.
There isn't really a point doing a bb general, because there is no or little population of competitive bbers. Aesthetics and Size general on the other hand completely makes sense for me.
Being strong helps, but I agree with you, however being simply strong on these few movements is silly from a bb/aesthetics pov, for those goals variety is more important.
It is more a proximal correlation than causation relationship, since volume is the main driver for mass gains, the volume necessary to make strength gains isn't very close to the volume necessary to gain decent mass. It happens but it isn't optimal. Honestly this kind of thinking doesn't belong to general like this.
That's why I'm saying aesthetics and size general is a better choice of name.
This doesn't happen much because Veeky Forums is full of DYELs, honestly this board should have /soc/ levels of pic sharing, nudity aside obv.
Pretty much, but we can grow as community, it has to start somewhere, right? Only us users can make it happen, overtime people would come here. Populating the board with related content is the only way to make it come true.
There are three parameters in which we can validate people word on lifting:
>If they lift
Strong or look good
>if they know their shit
only can be verified if we as community know out shit too or if it's true and well written
>if they are successful
winning or making people win a lot often means the person is doing something good and/or correct.

Rippetoe looked aesthetic af when he was younger.

How is it a straw man argument? Ots an example based on what you said.

We can cha ge the name, but I think a hypertrophy-oriented thread would be great for the board.

What are your thoughts on power cleans? Aesthetics wise.

Any exercises like Cleans, Jerks and Snatches are cool addition in general and can be good, but ultimately unnecessary. Those exercises can certainly build muscles, but picking them over simpler exercises is not a viable choice.