Anyone here ever think about becoming a priest or a monk?

Anyone here ever think about becoming a priest or a monk?

Other urls found in this thread:

journeytoorthodoxy.com/2016/05/odessa-priest-becomes-ukraine-powerlifting-champion/
youtube.com/watch?v=9Z-ZTn1ZZ6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am presently considering joining the priesthood. Why do you ask. Are you considering it yourself?

If there was a monastic order dedicated to lifting, self improvement and improving the community I would consider joining

When I was a kid I wanted to be a monk because of those badass brown robes they wear in Blood.
When I was an alcoholic I wanted to be a trapper monk because beer.
Now I'm not really interested.
Never been religious btw

I am. I would have to be able to keep lifting and bring my dog to seminary though. I have a friend in Orthodox seminary rn, doesn't seem like they can make gains because their fasting rules are so strict.

I'd say there's definitely an eastern religious sect that's into that kinda thing, what with them having shaolin monks and what not

If you are planning on entering the priesthood, you will have to leave your life of bodybuilding behind. That is the truth.

Why can't priests have hobbies?
You'd probably get a lot more recruits if you treated it more as a 9 till 5 thing.

What do monks even do?
I mean, except the ones that make beer.
Do they just pray all day?
Why does the church fund such a thing?
Kinda like the aztecs funding human sacrifices to keep the sun in the sky?

>not wanting to be a cynist living in a barrel and masturbating in public

journeytoorthodoxy.com/2016/05/odessa-priest-becomes-ukraine-powerlifting-champion/

Lots of monks write, perform church functions, and do things involved in church administration. They also mostly fund themselves.

being a Jesuit sounds fun, being a professional autist dedicated to obtaining knowledge and lifelong learning. but I enjoy my vices in moderate amounts and I'm not much religious, although I'm a spiritual person.

Im currently a monk in my party.
Its more about Dex than STR, as you can choose what to use in your attack rolls.
Its a pretty cool class as you can make weird combos if pulled right with your companions

>when the priest puts 20 in STR

You need a lot of selt control and self love to be a priest (i mean a real priest not one that fucks around)

monastic orders and individual monasteries are largely independent from the church administration, and they fund themselves.
as for what they do, every order does something different, read about them on wiki if you're interssted. Benedictines focus on manual labour, "ora et labora", and sell goods their make, Franciscans organise chartity for unfortunate people and animals, Jesuits get shitload of degrees and even hold normal jobs like doctors, research scientists or university professors, and so on and so on. to each their own

Idk user, a lot of eastern rite & ordinariate priests are married, I think if they can have time for a wife and kids a single priest can make time for the gym.

not really, plenty of priests have hobbies, including fitness. I even knew one who used to collect Warhammer models.

Just roll cleric to get more usage out of your STR and CON stats.

False. My priest lifts regularly. He has also competed in amateur body building competitions.

nah my nigga, I already got 20 dexterity.
I would like more wisdom tho, last time I tried ki stun atack it failed twice.
muh 14 salvation against constitution

If I wasn't doing really well with my electrical engineering major right now I'd probably do priesthood or military.

why become an ordinary priest when you can become a priest of heavenly fitness?

maybe in western (caliphate of) europe
>youtube.com/watch?v=9Z-ZTn1ZZ6I

Yeah, but I like pussy.

im not sure the majority of jesuits qualify as monks

do you mean a monastery? priests have plenty of time for fitness

My dad is a minister and I was going to be one too, then I enlisted into the military and everything kind of went to shit from there. I still respect what my dad does and the Faith, I just need some sorting out to do

The idea pops into my mind occasionally. I figure I should try actually attending Mass consistently first.

is this bait for no nut = higher test

I would, but my sex drive is insanely-high, and I know for a fact that I would end-up falling in-love with a cute nun.

The Veeky Forums lifestyle and being a priest are very compatible.

There is no god ,you faggots

>there is no prime mover to the universe

wtf I hate coherent metaphysics now

Is Fr. Rafael Capo natty???