So I finally hit 1pl8 OHP. Very happy. Now I just need to get the rest of the 1/2/3/4. Currently standing at 1/1.8/2/3

So I finally hit 1pl8 OHP. Very happy. Now I just need to get the rest of the 1/2/3/4. Currently standing at 1/1.8/2/3

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483430/
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1961967?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living
symmetricstrength.com/standards#/80/kg/male/-
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KEK

Grats son

Now get a gf.

Those are my exact stats, good luck bro
I think I will drop the deadlift though, i‘ve read bad things about it.

>Makes fun of vegans
>Can't even 1/2/3/4
Really jogs my noggin

>“i have no argument, so I’ll just eat a steak haha take that dumb vegan!”
>le BASED ourguy!

Go eat your daily dose off soy

>Go eat your daily dose off soy
Learn to spell you disgusting failure.

>have my 1 2 and 4
>3plate squat feels fucking impossible

I'm strong enough to do it, I just can't stand that weight being on my back, it feels painful like I'm going to injure myself

Then work back more retard

Im not vegan or vegetarian but ops pic really is kind of cringe

Is 1/2/3/4 for reps of 5

>showing finger to your enemies face is cringe
Sure thing soyim

Theres no argument in favor of veganism if you dont care about livestock

It just shows how overly butthurt you are buying into your enemies shit

>weakish docile planteaters
>enemies

I was deadlifting last night, no problems. My thing is I won't try and get the weight off the ground if it seems too heavy. Most people fuck themselves by thinking you need to shit out your brains with every lift.

1 rep

You have a 2 plate squat and a one plate overhead press? You need to work on your legs buddy. Also make sure that no part of your body is moving except above your chest when doing overhead press otherwise it's just a shitty push press

Opposite here, 0.85/1.8/3/4 for 5

Yesterday i did bench and ohp at
Bench: 275x4 285x3 265x5
Ohp: 155x3 150x4 145x5
What's my max lifts guise? Idk how to calculate and I never go for max because I lift with no spot

for 5 sets of 5 reps with no more than 90 second rest in between

Are you for real? I always thought it was for 5 reps. I have 2pl8 bench in that case, and probably more than 1pl8 OHP

You’re right. There’s no argument in favor of veganism as long as you don’t mind an early death. Or living in an ethically consistent society. Or keeping the planet habitable for future generations.

Omnivores BTFO.

It's for 5. 1/2/3/4 for 1RM is for dyels with weak goals

>Early death
Link.
>ethically consistent
Do not care.
>planet unliveable in in 50 yrs xD
Link.

If everybody was vegan the world would be overpopulated with animals and underpopulated with vegetables

What a manchild. That's the sort of shit a 14 year old would do.

>Early death
>Link.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483430/
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1961967?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living
This is common knowledge by now, do some research, dunce.

>ethically consistent
>Do not care.
So you wouldn’t care if you lived in Somalia or North Korea?

>planet unliveable in in 50 yrs xD
>Link.
When did I mention anything about 50 years, buddy?

What is this 1/2/3/4 meme?

1 wife / 2 kids / 3 bedroom house / 4 wheel drive suv

>Ethically consistent
How so?

Give me one trait present in animals that, if present in humans, justifies killing them.

now whose being unrealistic

Dude, imagine if there was like a way to search the web for "1rm calculation" and get results.

I'm sorry, reword the question.

lmao what a fucking troll xD

Not being a member of the species homo sapiens.

Oh so just eat less processed meat.
No need to waste time or money on actual veganism.

Stop reducing human value to the level of animals you sjw faggot.
>yes goy youre the same as creatures that do nothing but eat and shit

I've had many people show me proper form and I even dropped a ton of weight to focus explicitly on form - but the second I start pushing for bigger numbers my back gives me trouble in the days after.

Started wearing a belt, paying very close attention to form, having great results.

1/2/285/285

My deadlift and squat are lagging because I focused on form and avoided weight training legs to train sprint/endurance in the process.

Come on tell us what it really means

No problem. Name one trait that animals have. Intelligence, skull shape, whatever, that makes it ok to kill them. This trait also must be able to be applied to humans. For example, if you said that it’s alright to kill cows because they’re less intelligent, you must also support killing and eating retarded people because they’re less intelligent also.

>1/2/3/4
It's a meme metric. Please stop perpetrating this shit.
For a 80 kg man, a realistic and proportionate intermediate level is 1/1.75/2.5/3
symmetricstrength.com/standards#/80/kg/male/-

Btw, meat is bad and that guy is a childish idiot

chances are that the belt is simply hiding severe weaknesses, either in your form (when you start pulling big weights) or in your core
it's strange that deadlift and squat perform the same (I assume you intended 2.85), this suggest some issues with deadlifts, really.

>Why is it ok to kill animals?
>Because they aren’t people

>Why is it ok to enslave blacks?
>Because they aren’t white

>Why is it ok to kill babies?
>Because they aren’t adults

Circular argument, try again kiddo.

>Unprocessed Red and Processed Meats

Ok, but that’s literally the question. Why should I not reduce humans to the level of animals? What is the trait that puts humans above animals and exempts me from killing and eating them?

The problem with that is when you do multiple sets like that your first set is never AMRAP and every other set is affected by the preceding sets so a one rep max calculator wouldn't really work

If you read the study you posted or even just glanced at it quickly you would see that the real culprit here is processed meat, unprocessed is mostly fine

The trait is that animals raised for human consumption are not humans.

meat is cancer

>DON'T DO WHAT I DISLIKE
Whatever dude

Ah, so stick to mostly fish and white meats.

But, why is it wrong?

That's true I know, I was just purposely being a dick. There is just too much moving parts and factors in estimating 1 rm's from multiple sets so you either do one max rep set to do the math or live with more or less educated guesses.

So what about animals not raised for human consumption, like deer? Is it immoral to hunt and eat deer?

>There’s no argument in favor of veganism as long as you don’t mind an early death

Most people in the West eat meat and they live to 70+. Is this what counts as early death now?

Morals dont exist without religion. I dont belong to the religion of veganism so its not immoral

How do vegans justify killing plants? Are plants somehow lower in food chain or what.

Why do vegans and vegan haters shit up every thread? Just do whatever you want and assume the consequences if any

We don't need to justify ourselves. We're the top of the food chain. It's how nature intended it.

Adding to that, what about animals you raise in your backyard like chickens?

>2 kids

Is it immoral for a wolf to eat deer, retard?

Are you saying you don't want to live till 100+ so you can sleep in your own shit and piss?
>inb4 muh anecdotal grandpa that's 110 and can run marathons

Nah, you're right. I definitely want to see my body become a shell of what it used to be and my mind deteriorate.

Why is what wrong?

Eating meat, killing animals, any of it?

M A D L A D

Our consciousnes, bucko. Humans are the only beings on the planet capable of forming abstractions. It's why we're able to control our deepest desires like murder, rape, etc no matter how strong the urge is if we're trained to. Show me another animal that will choose not to eat its brethren when hungry enough.

Congrats man, OHP for me is the one I'm the slowest at progressing.

finally did all 4x6 47.5kg for OHP and moving onto 90kg bench, 125kg Squat and managed 2x1 with 185kg deadlift on monday

>b-but wolves do it!
Well shit you got me, can’t refute that one. Jesus fucking christ I really hate you. You fucking dipshits that have no clue on the topic of the argument that you stroll into and act like you’re in the right without providing anything of value whatsoever. Jump off a fucking cliff. Why do I even bother with you stupid fucks anymore?

The difference between humans and animals is that when you kill a human, all their potential value in bettering society is gone. When you kill an animal all its potential value all in bettering society is now available for use.

VEGANS BTFO
>Jesus fucking christ I really hate you.
Not even that guy but the feeling is mutual. If vegans think animals and humans are the exact same morally they should just go live in an animal society

>tfw 350 squat but 200 bench

I'm with you buddy. I can pull a lot, diddly at 470 and chin ups at 170 bw + 135 but my presses are JUST tier, bench is at 225 and ohp at 135

>Our consciousness
Animals have consciousness.
>is if we're trained to
This part is very important. Do you think that isolated primitive tribes share this trait?
>Show me another animal that will choose not to eat its brethren when hungry enough.
Are you implying that most humans wouldn’t resort to cannibalism for survival?

>If vegans think animals and humans are the exact same morally they should just go live in an animal society
Very few, if any vegans put animals and humans on the same level. That doesn’t mean that we have any reason to unnecessarily slaughter them.

B12. Quality protein. Ethics without religion are meaningless.

>have no counter-argument
>resort to ad hominem

Classic vegan B12 deficiency at play.

I always marvel at this. I'm a reverse T Rex. 210 & 355 presses, 405 & 415 squat/diddly. Must be all the nolegs brolifting I did in high school before taking the Rippetoe pill

Epley formula
est. 1RM = weight×(1+reps/30)
A decent predictor, but not perfect. Useless for reps over about 8.

The actually-balanced metric is 2/3/4/5, but that's for people who are consistently trying for a few years.

Is it immoral for a wolf to kill another wolf?
Do you base all your moral decisions on pack animals?

So 1RM is about 1/6 more than 5RM. Sounds about right but I squatted 5x365 the other day and I doubt I can do 1x425. Probably 4pl8 though. But perhaps I really can do 425 and

IITT'SS AA MMIINNDDSSEETT

The calculation assumes you train a variety of rep ranges. If most of your training is sets of 5, your 5RM will be proportionally higher than your 1RM

>185 OHP
>285 Bench
>405 Squat
>435 Dead
>mfw stronkk

>435 Dead
>stronkk
If you have just one weak lift the rest doesn't count

Makes sense. I think I'll train triples when my 5s stall, then singles (with 2x3x80% backoff sets).

>The actually-balanced metric is 2/3/4/5
You're full of shit
>a few years
and badly trolling.

>the one weak lift
>is the only one higher than mine
Must improve diddly, please someone help

>tfw Vegan qt at work
>wanted so badly to be her boyfriend
>had no ice breaker
>decided to spent days studying veganism to find something to ice break with
>eventually discovered that Vegans hate dairy farming because the cows develop lameness and can't walk
>decide this would be a good ice breaker
>for 1 week, make sure to run past her in the office at least 4 times per day
>have a clever line ready
>walk up to her
>''haha I bet you are wondering why I can only run? Its because I am a dairy cow haha, and I can't walk''
>she just looks at me confused
>"Huh? What do you mean?''
>apologise and walk off

Kek kill youself

You just have to be more confident bro. To be honest a large part in getting a good diddly is leverages. From your lifts I'm gessing you have short arms and a long torso. Try a new 5rm every week. If you can no longer add weight move to 3rm every week. Finally, if you can't add weight again move to 1rm every week. Another thing I'll add is find people who lift heavy on diddly and compete to see who lifts the most every week. It's a good motvator

Oh my sweet jesus this is pure, unadulterated autism.

Thank you, 5x365 coming in the morning. Also I'm separating it from squat day now; I got 5x355 after doing the same on squat (and I've moved these weights before) so I expect it to go well. Think you're right on the anthropometry. Pic rel8ed, at the very least my upper arms seem short

Yeah deadlift is arguably better train once since too much volume at high weights can be very taxing on your body. I'm rooting for ya breh

I wouldn't call 435 weak nigga. Better than most. Above Average at worst

are you trying to reach frog mode?