Is climbing GOAT or noat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YvS6O9lVkkg
youtu.be/iRQh50lAl4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you'll be just like those girls:
in tights, skinny, being looked at by several men

upside is you are strong tho, but you wont ever be big

such an easy fucking course and she has to do some some failing attention whoring

Hnnng I want to climb the brunette.

>be antisocialfag that wants to leave humanity behind because can't into society
>want to become solo mountaineer
>first step is bouldering
>join gym
>see these disgusting thots that you're trying to escape from

Are bouldering gyms that bad as in the OP webm?

It's great. It's fun and social. Actually met girls there. That being said it's a goldmine for injuries.

"""""people"""" who do climbing are exactly like those memes you see
>help someone is dying
>bro climbing is the best lol it's a whole body workout and is soo fun. You should really try it out

Me too

Climbing is a sport for whites with dreads

Bouldering gives exceptional strength gains to arms and grip, but dont expect to get big as extra bodyweight will stall your progress

Great alternative to a normal gym routine and the feeling of progression after smashing a hard route is great

I fucking hate whites with dreads

kek it's true

And people who don't shower... I just wanna have a fun workout on my rest days I don't wanna smell your fucking feet

without seeing face?

>Are bouldering gyms that bad as in the OP webm?
Boulderers are like the crossfit faggots of the climbing world.

All they do is stand/sit around the bouldering area and talk about how the projects they're working on (which are in the fucking gym...) are the hardest and most creative things ever. Their entire purpose for being their is to judge people that are actually climbing, and spray beta (moves, climbing hard stuff is like solving a puzzle) at people climbing lower grades to show off how fucking "good" they are even though they don't actually ever climb anything themselves and were just there when the route setter was putting up the problem.

That's the males. Then there's just the typical hyperfeminist that's only climbing because it's a "male" thing and they want to prove that a GIRL can do what a GUY does... And they dress like Thots like in OP.

Basically if you see a group of rejects sitting in everyone else's way and never actually climbing, avoid them. Better yet shame them for being assholes. Just walk up to the wall where they're all sitting like fucking idiots and start climbing above them.

There's a bunch of cool people in gyms, but bouldering seems to attract the scum of the community. Probably because they see that climbing is cool as fuck but are too scared to put a rope on and conquer their fear of heights. Not everyone that boulders are like I described, but chances are if they never put on a rope there's like a 95% chance they're like the above for some reason.

It's more a sport than a workout. Climbing gyms are where you go to train for cresting epic peaks in natty parks. Of course there are those who just go to climbing gyms, but you haven't felt a real pump until you scale a 200ft 5.11a at Indian Creek, breaux.

Climbers aren't even strong. They're just lightweight and good at bodyweight feats. They have somewhat strong lats and grip, and that's it. Like 80% of their muscle mass is weak and atrophied.

>course
how do I know that you know nothing about climbing

climbing is for beta humans its not an activity for high iq high Test/E people. Stick to lifting, sprints, basketball, kayaking, backpacking. Climbing is absolutely retarded behavior for adrenaline junkies who can’t even push 3 pl8’s on bench.

>be shit at climbing
>"climbers are weak and atrophied anyway"
lmao at your life

Climbing is a shit ton of fun. I get to stare at womens' asses in the air when I belay them and finally finishing routes cleanly after previously failing them is just as satisfying as new PRs in lifting.

shut up. you have to use every muscle you can if you're climbing at an advanced level.

I honestly don't know how this guy drags his massive balls up mountains

giv hot Puccio gf

We wuz youtube comment sections n shit

How many of these freeclimbers die every year?

U fokin wot

Holy fuck this guy's right as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=YvS6O9lVkkg

this movie rules

Reel Rocks are always fun and motivating

youtu.be/iRQh50lAl4Y

Cliffhanger and Vertical Limit are the GOAT.

:^)

> Like 80% of their muscle mass is weak and atrophied.

>tfw no climbing muscle waifu

100% this.

I always go to a gym with auto-belays and high walls. Bouldering problems aren't even that hard half the time because you're not fighting against your stamina. Once you get the trick you can do it over and over.

When you're climbing a high wall and have 4-5 tricks to the top and you have to fight yourself along with the problem is when you're having a good time, making gains.

I sometimes ask the more experienced climbers for help, but never the boulderers. They don't even boulder.

>t. 5.11b max.

most retarded thing i've seen in a long time.

I did a trial session on a boulder one time and my arms were fucked for a week. It's a pretty Chad sport. I'd consider getting a membership, but I think that it was expensive, and it's not as versatile as a standard gym.

If girls can do it, men shouldn't

>auto-belays

kek so you only top rope?

Bouldering problems are grade by grade much harder physically than rope, more explosive, more power, harder crux. In a 5.11b you have maybe one V4 crux, and some V1-V3 moves. Rope climbing requires more endurance, but bouldering requires much more strength. Try a real V6, which should grade wise be comparable to 5.11b(using font grades as standard), it will be much harder than any of the moves on your 5.11b.

No i do plenty of bouldering problems as well. They're really not that more demanding. I can do a significantly above average number of chin ups and as such I have no issues.

Such a love/hate relationship with climbing. I've been climbing at a relatively high level since I was a kid. It's been the only activity that's continually motivated me to stay fit for my whole life. Climbing in and of itself won't get you super fit, but training for climbing will get you pretty strong and respectably aesthetic as long as you're not trying to get huge.

The thing that sucks most about climbing is climbers. Yeah, there are cool ones, but so many of them are completely insufferable. So many stinky hippies, demi-queer gender-unicorns, posers, etc.

If you can get past the personalities, climbing is just about the most fun and interesting way to stay Veeky Forums, as well as one of the best ways to get /out/.

>Climbing in and of itself won't get you super fit, but training for climbing will get you pretty strong and respectably aesthetic as long as you're not trying to get huge
Seconding this. Took me a year of climbing to realize this, unfortunately.

>The thing that sucks most about climbing is climbers
It's kind of like that post where I ranted about boulderers, everyone that doesn't climb higher grades has the need to go on and on about how they "use" to climb so and such grade (like it even matters), or big wall climbed, or did some other note worthy thing... Just fucking enjoy climbing, like god damn man...

t. scared of heights

You're basically comparing 1RM to 8RM. Only difference is there's no need to learn fear management doing the 1RM.

girls can do most things men can.
not nearly as well, but they can DO them.
for example, lifting

Very similar experience. I wouldn't say I'm at a high level. V6/7 and 5.12a (I know inside is dubious though)

The personalities are atrocious. I fucking hate everyone into climbing

>tfw you'll never get to smell Miho's BRAAAAAPS

Holy shit the amount of rope climbing betabois in this thread talking about fear management dude dont fucking start woth that rope climbing is just cardio bouldering anyway.

Ive also never seen any genderbender gayshits but then again im in eu nalul

Yeah man, bouldering tends to be kind of a cesspool. It has a low barrier to entry, any idiot can do it (poorly), so it attracts some of the worst that climbing has to offer.

Nothing but respect for people that take it seriously and get strong to climb hard though.

If any of you don't rockclimb, just go once and get your friend to take a candid picture of you, then put it in your tinder. I swear to God it's got me like 60% of my matches and women always ask me about it. They think it's like a more modest form of lifting.

Yes

>11.b
>5 tricks to the top

Kys

Not as versatile? Every climbing gym in my area has like 3 power racks and a full gym setup inside.

I climb at Ironworks in Berkeley CA.
You described the situation perfectly. Accept its probably signifigantly worse for me.

I don't know what you fags are talking about. Everyone at the place I climb at is a complete chiller. I know this is Veeky Forums, but you guys sound like pretentious autists.

Suburb climbing gyms are way better. Go to a leftist cities gym and get ready for complete stank and degeneracy.

You are not climbing hard enough grades then you mong.

>Bouldering doesn't involve fear management

Have you even climbed outside? Pic related is a rock at my local crag.

You guys are just climbing at shitty gyms, never met a climber that wasn't nice and chill.

Forgot pic.

go lead climbing some time, yeah you need a partner and it's harder to do safely, but it's so much better than top rope

>Boulderers are like the crossfit faggots of the climbing world.
Thanks, you nailed it. Gonna remember that.

I also think the term "bouldering" should be used in its original way for traversing actual boulders, which is a decent solo activity outdoors. Indoor walls are just as you describe them.

Sorry, I forgot all bouldering is highball.

Not enough

How do you get into climbing? Seems interesting desu

This. If you want to actually climb then get outside and do real rock climbing. Just respect the locals and you'll be fine

>feet places on two unlabeled holds
>holds one unlabeled hold and one yellow hold
>tries to break for the blue hold further out for no fucking reason when she could just pick any other thing she's closer to since she's clearly not following any specific route

what the fuck is this OP

Go to a climbing gym and do it. Helps if you have a friend with you so that you can belay each other.

Yeah but it's just cardio. You won't acquire any mass except maybe a bit on your forearms from climbing.

:/ What if I don't have any friends but just want to go out in the woods and climb around on things without worrying about punching a one way ticket to snap city?

Yeah but in terms of full body tension it's pretty intense. A different kind of strength. Like being able to maintain enough body tension with only the tips of your toes and the tips of your outstretched hand's fingertips while on an overhang. It can help in lifting a lot, actually. But yeah, no one is getting jacked from just climbing. In fact, most of the people at the gym that only climb have terrible posture from it, like their shoulders are rounded and shrugged up.

The climbers that look amazing are the ones who got low body fat specifically to climb better and still workout the rest of their body, especially pressing patterns.

>open google
>type indoor rock climbing in (you)r area
>buy lessons
enjoy!

Truth

youre aa v4 climber, don't you like bitch

Liberals do too :^)

>Hating vikings

how absolutely frankish of you

You think every rope climb is scary? I climb mainly highballs and I boulder pretty much exclusively.