Anyone else tried Bruce Lee's method of having a bar kept stationary and immovable near the lockout position...

Anyone else tried Bruce Lee's method of having a bar kept stationary and immovable near the lockout position, but still trying to do the lift anyway?
I tried it to today and liked it a lot, but had to use the Smith machine to keep it still.
I know I looked like an absolute fuckin retard

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Su3Nu9C9Z8
youtu.be/BCivoA9JhvI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so what's the supposed benefit of zero range of motion lol

No my autism level hasn’t reached that point yet

It's suppose to help your body activate more muscle fibers, therefore leading to more power

he fell for the meme

literally

back in the day, york barbell did this shit where they claimed that isometric exercises in a power rack would help build strength, and they showcased a couple of their athletes who supposedly got strong doing this, and they sold a lot of books with isometric courses and racks because of it

thing is, though, the guys weren't getting strong because of the isometrics

they were /fraud/ on d-bol, some of the earliest users in the usa

it's true look it up bill starr and bud charniga both wrote about it

Imagine being famous becouse of fitness and people want to be like you, so you get a camera and go to gym, do some retarded stupid fucking shit, and those blind fools repeat it after you, not only making you laugh out loud but also by making zero gains and breaking their necks they'll think you are even better than you truly are.

Was Bruce Lee jew?

Chill senpaitachi I'm just testing it out for myself, Im just adding it to my usual workout to see if it helps at all

So, just like getting under the bar and not moving?
Pushing against a wall?

what is planking?

>overrated chink "martial artists" who never competed in any real combat sports but is hailed as the greatest martial artists ever

It's called isometric contration

I like Bruce Lee, but c'mon, he was tiny. I don't think you need to be taking any tips from a 90lbs man who has basically no proven feats of strength besides stuff you could learn goofing around with your mates aged 10.

Bruce's serratus muscles are on point. How do I get those ripped "gills" on the sides of my torso, Veeky Forums? I do cable pullovers twice a week, plus a lot of pressing exercises on my push day (bench press, dips, pushups, incline press, cable crossovers). But my serratus anterior still doesn't "pop," and that area of my body is still pretty frail.

Bruce was training during a time when we knew far less about exercise science than we do now. He did all kinds of crazy shit in an effort to push his body past plateaus. Some of his training ideas were good, some of them were silly.

mighty atom also trained overcoming isometrics

They're called boxers muscle for a reason user, go hit the bag.

Bruce lee could do [amazing thing] but never did it on camera what a legend

Maybe that's why he fucked up his back so bad.

>Bruce Lee's method
That shit has been around longer than bruce lee

youtube.com/watch?v=9Su3Nu9C9Z8

at 5m50s jeff talks about this shit, i can't remember what he said, but there you go

I was just uhhhhh... Stretching my calves on the windowsill! Isometric exercise! Care to join me?

I didnt know bruce lee did this, but yeah I do it along with other dynamic tension exercise.
Retard.

JOSH Bryant swears by them. He does them with bench and deadlift and just about every other compound lift

youtu.be/BCivoA9JhvI

>I love Bruce Lee as much as the other guy who over glorifies dead people, but he lived in the 70s and did Weng Chun of course he fell for meme lifts.
there might be some positives like maybe it works your core, but I don't see why you wouldn't just do the actual lift and add more weight.
I know it's b8, but again look at the sparring footage and read some of the tao of jeet kune do. If you know anything about fighting you can see he was way ahead of his time and some of his techniques are just now starting to be implemented successfully.