Acne treatment thread

19 years old, trying to get rid of my acne for good.

I'm taking 2400 mcg vitamin A, 5000IU vitamin D(i think this will help me the most, my face always clears up in the summer when I can get outside), and 50mg of Zing each day.

Diet wise I probably get 75 oz of water a day, and I try to avoid oils and dairy as much as possible, which is not easy as a college student.

I have a hydrating face moisturizing or whatever its called for after showers, and I've been using aloe vera to try and reduce red spots.

Any thoughts or advice for me? Or just general acne treatment advice?

Brothas please dont do me like this, I gotta get clear skin to become chad

go to Veeky Forums, they usually have these threads and those twinks know what they're doing

cleanse and moisturize your face twice a day
exfoliate twice a week
look at OTC acne treatments that might help
find something that fits into your skin type (oily, dry, whatever)

it takes a few weeks to see results but when you get a good routine going its not too hard keeping breakouts under control. dedication bro.

thanks senpai

Thanks, about what I've been trying to do minus the exfoliating cuz honestly i dont even know what that is. Will learn tho. thanks man

I wash my face twice a day with Neutrogene salicylic acid exfoliating wash.

But mainly I use topical clindamycin in the morning, and Adapalene/Benzoyl Peroxide (from the dermatologist) at night.

Started using Adapalene 2 weeks ago, so far it looks like the acne is a lot worse but I hear it basically just pulls all the acne from deep under your skin to the surface until you're totally clear. Should be smooth skinned in a few weeks/months?

>go to dermatologist
>ask about accutane
>strong as fuck
>6 months later you will have the skin of baby jesus and never get pimples again

If you have MPB genetics you'll also start going bald

MPB genetics?

yeah but would you rather be bald or have the skin of a goblin?

Tough choice honestly

Better to have a few pimples than be bald. Objectively.
There's so many options to treat acne. Very few to treat hair loss.

Want clear skin? Buy these products and use them religiously. If your acne is terrible, swap the clearing skin wash with a benzoyl peroxide based wash.

Don't listen to these faggots op.
Do not put any chemicals on your face. it will only compound the problem.

I used to use a topical clindamycin back when I had really bad cystic acne. That shit works really well, I gotta see if I can get some again sometime.

No idea about adapalene tho.

I think that chemicals work best for treating pimples, but diet/nutrition/hormones is what causes acne for lots of people. Thats why I'm trying vitamins and zinc supplements to try and fight mine, because I want to get rid of the root cause of my acne.

I could be totally full of shit though but this is what seems to be true in my anecdotal experience.

If spot treatment works for you thats fine but IME acne cleansers and face washes cause acne.
Guaranteed cure: Cut out refined sugar and all topical chemicals.
aloe vera is ok

nofap and shower less often. trust me.

My GF has a problem with acne. Some people just get fucked. She has good hygiene and has tried every product she could get her hands on, but she still has bad acne. Everyone is different, just keep trying things until you find something that works well for you. Your skin may need more oils, and it may need less. You may need to shower more often, and you may need to shower less. Just keep experimenting until you get results. Try laying something on top of your pillowcase like a towel or fresh shirt and changing it every day. Good luck, dude.

literally am using all 4 you are using. 5 weeks in and little improvement so far.

Even accutane can take up to 6 months bro. I've heard adapalene shows good results within 4 months

Accutane. I had pretty bad acne. For literally years the dermatologists I was going to were just jerking me off with generally ineffective topical washes. Your typical benzyl peroxide, or whatever few big ingredients there are, along with antibiotics. Interestingly enough, they were women, too. That stuff "works," in a sense, but none of it is a cure. After just ignoring derms and subsiding on washes and shit for a few years, I decided I had enough and scheduled an appointment, this time balls out that I wanted accutane and that nothing else was working.
Well, I got a male dermatologist (the reason I bring it up, is my impression of female derms was they just didn't take me as seriously as they should) this time, who didn't bullshit me. He was the first to directly say that accutane is pretty much the only actual cure, everything else is just "control." I still used Benzyl Peroxide wash (Panoxyl was what he suggested) and moisturized (DEFINITELY do that). You'll need to stop taking any other supplements, as well. The Vitamin stuff is actually similar to accutane. Keep chap stick with you at all times.

It was a pain in the ass taking accutane. You need to go through a bunch of redtape, because it's dangerous for pregnant women. You need to get monthly blood tests. I suffered from regular nose bleeds. My skin in general felt dry, rash like, and would scrape and cut easier in quite a few areas. One strange side effect was wiping blood from my ass (wasn't in the stool). My hair got even thinner (MPB had already taken a toll, so if you have that it'll probably get worse) It also hit me real rough mentally (I took up some strange behaviors, and even had suicidal thoughts that I kept secret), but it was the only way out, so I figured I better man up.

But let me tell you, taking it was one of the best decisions in my life. I still use panoxyl for occasional breakouts, and kept the habit of moisturizing, which is good for looking more attractive. I feel free. So try it.

That's the question though. Do you want to trade your hair for clear skin?

My hair is on its way out anyway, honestly. I'd rather be as bald as Costanza over acne. Any day of the fucking week. Buzzing my head has actually improved my life. For one, I actually got more attention from women because I was no longer a pizza face with a combover. Two, it was way easier than having to brush, clean, and stylize the mop on top. I was surprised how much time it saved, alongside saving me the awkward trip to the barber. Really was no point in keeping it. On top of that, now any relationship I'm in she'll know and accept my lack of hair, instead of it being in issue coming up decades later. It really was for the best.

AT FIRST, however, it was stressful and I had regrets. But that's typical. You just need to grow some balls and accept that it's not that bad, and you'll need to get over it. I've grown to really like it.