Discipline

trying to build discipline, jordan peterson says i should learn to follow a schedule

what tool/software do you guys use to build your schedule?

would like some help on this matter, thank you

Other urls found in this thread:

homedepot.com/p/EUCATILE-32-sq-ft-96-in-x-48-in-Hardboard-Thrifty-White-Tile-Board-HDDPTW48/205995949
dailytodo.org
twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/961461529555210240
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Open office spreadsheet

excel
outlook calendar

pen and paper

A notepad and a pen

My brain.Try it sometimes.

Loop is a good app to track habits without the faggy trappings of Habitica. I've been using it and OpenTasks for long term goals. I've been using it for about six months now and not only have I been getting way better at tracking calories and lifting more consistently, but my job just recently offered to pay for me to go to school and begin managing. Good luck OP, I hope it works just as well for you!

Dr Peterson is bro

a pee pee butt

>be pompous, know everything professor
>famous because you’re “libertarian” or whatever

Literally he is every professor ever he’s just 1 in 1million who isn’t a libtard

Looks like someone is a little [spoiler]crabby[/spoiler], bucko.

>Looks like someone is a little [spoiler]crabby[/spoiler], bucko.

>I need to get my life advice from someone who makes me feel special about my edgy internet political beliefs

He's capitalizing off of gross idiocy, we're entering into a new dark age.

I really hope so.

I hope after his little podcast tour to promote his book he takes it easy for a while. He could start getting uncool really fast

Holy fuck that thing is genuinely terrifying

I have 2 of these, literally white board material.
homedepot.com/p/EUCATILE-32-sq-ft-96-in-x-48-in-Hardboard-Thrifty-White-Tile-Board-HDDPTW48/205995949

I screwed them into my wall above my computer desk and wrote a giant calendar on one with a weekly schedule above it. On the other I write down the tasks that I need to do for that day.

>edgy internet political beliefs
If you think opposing SJW madness is "edgy" you're part of the problem, brah.

I never realized that Joe Rogan had such small legs proportionally.
Or maybe my legs are just getting too big I don't know.

Set an alarm on your phone?

torsos are pretty similar across the board. legs make up the most of peoples height differences

Can't load the picture, just shows an empty white square.

Lot of is genetic, google marshmallow experiment, but it can be improved.
Things that can help: schedules and planning, removing distractions, committing, peer pressure, thinking every decision thoroughly. Meditation might help too.
All the above have their own flipside thought, you don't want to be someone who relapses when the peer pressure is gone for example.
Every moment you are not disciplined you are becoming less capable of being disciplined, includes "free time".
I'd say for someone starting the removing of distractions is the most important, no need to make things harder than they should be from the get go.

I didn't mean short, but skinny.

What animal is that supposed to be?

The domestic manlet (josephicus roganicus).

honestly the planner/calendar on my phone made a huuuuge difference once I started actually using it

>t. filthy room

Jordan Peterson is ultimate meme, he is obsessed with marxism just as much as the SJWs and tublrfags are obsessed with patriarchy and privilege. He uses the same appeals to emotion and most of his arguments have very little logic to them
>Be respectful of others? But COMMUNISM KILLED 100BAJILLION PEOPLE!

I'm glad there is someone fighting against the rampant faggotry which has spread throughout the western world in recent years, but he is just the other retarded side of the idealist retard coin. He only seems intelligent and unique because no one with even a shred of credibility has been saying the kind of stuff that he is saying in the public sphere for a long time.

dog

fk u fgt

>Literally he is every professor ever
t. never been to university.

>be midwit
>be also autistic or depressed
>probably also underachieving early 20 something not doing well for their age
>see Johdan Beterson
>Listen you know, RESCUE YOUR FATHER
>oh wow my dad is such a pussy faggot I need to reify the patriarch in my psyche oh
>And Jung said, wow, that's so scary SLAY THE DRAGON
>oh things scare me, they're monsters, entities, apparitions of the OUTSIDE I'll kill them, I will!
>Buy my overpriced writer's workshop guide (or whatever fuck you i'm not looking it up) and donate to my Patreon BUCKO (see I talk like your Grandpa or dad or whatever fuck you)
>oh wow gee wow

It's not just marxism its basically all forms of authoritarianism interest him b/c totalitarian regimes, how they form and the psychology behind them is on of the main fields in which he currently works.

he already was before the channel 4 interview

>Jordan hackerson

I think there is something to that in that he takes issue with the authoritarian agendas of inhibiting freedom of speech etc, but that is more like Stalinist rather than Marxist since Marxism is left libertarianism and not authoritarian at all.
He's totally obsessed with Marxism and seems to equate all authoritarianism from the left with it, but that's as stupid as blaming Pinochet on the idea of capitalism rather than the fact that he was an insane dictator and an asshole.

But it always comes back to emotional and slippery slope arguments, that is the main reason I can't really respect him as an academic even though I'm glad he's doing what he does for the most part.

>Authoritarian agendas of inhibiting freedom of speech
Oh so you know nothing and don't research

You mean uncool on Veeky Forums?
Of course he will, nobody here likes the mainstream

that's why we're here after all

Start sorting yourself out

kek

nice bait

You realise Jordan hackersons entire le epic anti sjw xDDD shtick is bullshit thats been disproven right?

underrated

some bucko isn't saving saving his father from the underground I see

You're talking out of your ass. You haven't seen Peterson's work. You are unreasonably biased and you should feel pathetic for it

ha ha

lol

Looks like someone havent cleaned their room. I'll tell mom.

>Room is always messy
>Watch some Jordan Peterson videos and see the clean your room meme
>My room is a fuckin mess
>I should clean this shit
>Clean my room
>Feel better about life
>Watch more of his videos
>Realize I don't like him that much and he isn't half as smart as people seem to think
>Don't want to be influenced by him in any way
>Let my room get messy again
>Feel better about life
I just can't stop feeling better.

This is Veeky Forums contrarianism at its finest. He offers good advice. And if you were, indeed, half as smart as him, you would know what advice to disregard or ignore. The very fact that you said you, "Don't want to be influenced by him in any way," shows you're just a brainlet.

>repeat the process from step 1
>get happier and happier
>repeat again and again
>achieve infinite happiness and enlightenment

bad post

good post

Fucking hell that's genius

>what tool/software do you guys use to build your schedule?

It's called a job.

>mfw people are giving advice on life when they can't even clean their blood rooms

I use dailytodo.org

Why do people sperg out so much at him? Do pseudointellectuals just feel smarter when they say he's stupid? Let him help people

>Do pseudointellectuals just feel smarter when they say he's stupid?

Hit the nail on the head with this one.

so.. this is what the elite of the right wing intellectuals have to offer..

twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/961461529555210240

Why be actually intelligent when you can just make yourself seem more intelligent by putting down others?

Calling the other side stupid is the go to argument of somebody who is losing. Like the way Trump is continually labelled as an idiot, if he's so stupid why couldn't you figure out a way to beat him? (inb4 russian meddling™) Are you so stupid you got beaten by an imbecile?

why do soyboys start every sentence with 'so...'?

Don't over thonk it, son. Keep it simple, don't try to overbook your schedule thinking you will accomplish much other than wasting energy trying to write it. Start with the simplest version the routine you are part of and establish some goals, from this you improve your routine over time.

check out peterson's bulge

well hes not right wing so

his diet is pretty much just meat and leafy greens

by who? which part?

(you)

so what you're saying is...that he's basically a nazi?

Get the fuck off Veeky Forums and figure it out yourself

>what tool/software

I'm not going to knock you for trying to build discipline and better yourself, but c'mon. You wake up, if you have a job you go to work, if you have things that need to be done when you get home like dishes or laundry, do them. You don't need programs and self-help books. Typing out your daily tasks in an Excel spreadsheet makes you no more likely to do them than if you just wrote them on a piece of paper, and even then, all you have is a list that you still need to will yourself to do. The only reason someone should have their daily schedule in some sort of view-able format is if they're some busy-ass business person with meetings and deadlines and what not.

Is your house messy and that bothers you or you're expecting company? Clean it. Dishes in the sink? Wash them. Running out of boxers? Do your laundry. If you see something that needs to be done, just do it.

fucking keked

hes capitalizing on idiotic SJW. All his content is available free