Military fitness thread

Any military fags here?

How are you staying in shape?

What’s your PT score?

How are preparing for the new army (?) PT test and the new 11m 2 mile max? (Rip 300)

Any anons interested in joining the military? Any questions about what you need to do to get in shape for basic training?

>Military fitness general thread

>11mn 2 mile max
What? Are you saying to get a perfect score you gotta run it that fast???

training for usmc ocs here. score of 224. the only part i cant improve on is pullups. stuck on 18 max reps. how long does it take before the armstrong method shows progress?

To anyone joining I did 100 push ups before every shower. I did that every night and always maxed my push ups. Good luck on the new pt tests though faggots

Milfag wannabe here. Training in the gym 5-6 days a week to prep for basic in August. 3 runs a week also, two short (6.2km) and one long (10km). Going to be phasing in weighted vest/belt/shorts into my workouts as well over the next two weeks. Feel like an absolute roboautist for essentially changing my entire life schedule to revolve around spending entire mornings in the gym sweating, still look like shit, but noticing solid performance gains.

I leave for air force boot camp next week, pretty nervous. Can only do 30 push ups, maybe like 30-40 sit ups and like 18 minute 1.5 mile. I suppose I am fucked?

Idk that’s what I heard. I sure hope not though

>289 PFt
>285 cft (new scoring system broke my string of 300s)

I workout conventionally compound lifts and try to do an hour of cardio a day.

I’m not a CrossFit hater or lover and have stuck to CF routine in the past however not ironically it always snapped my shit up.

Search "Greasing the Groove" fucking Russians man. They know what's up. Effective as fuck.

Lol you’re going to need a 280+ to get in the stratosphere of being competitive

agreed. i started seriously in november. barely did 3 miles in 30min. now down to 22:40. ways to go still

>Be Navy
>Only have to take a PRT once a year if you smoke it
>mfw

>air force
he said military, not boy scouts.

To prepare for basic, do push-ups, sit-ups and 2 mile diagnostic runs. Sprint and interval training will help your speed mixed with long distance.

Also train with deadlifts, squats, and calf raises for rucking, cause that shit always sucks, especially if you’re a manlet or if they stick you with the M240b

Also train your core with sit-ups, planks, and leg raises cause you’re gonna get smoked with that a lot

Honestly, just don’t stand out too much. I was the first person in my company to max the PT test, but it put a target on my back and my head DS hated me which made my life hell.

>t. 11b windowlicker

Kek

My army national guard unit had a +60% fail rate for the PT test. We only have to take it once a year and do no PT otherwise

I’m also a Cadet so I have to do PT every other day though so I stay in shape

thanks man. just packed a ruck with some weights. im thinking 3-6 reps an hour with 15lbs is a good start

Thanks user. Solid advice. I'm not looking to stand out, but I do have a strong internal desire/motivation to perform at the highest level I possibly can. Thankfully I'm lucky enough to have an awesome gym owner who is helping prep me for this. He's handing me my ass every single day and really pushing me to do better. Has never told me so much as a "good job" or any kind of positive feedback. I love him for it. Maybe I'm just masochistic, but it's working so far....

Any advice other than sprints and intervals to improve run time?

No problem my dude. Train hard.

Something you’ll notice is that basic is actually harder for those who try and put the most effort in. Lots of people will sham and not do the exercises correctly or cheat, but if you try you will come out of the experience with a lot more than they got out of it.

You won’t do a lot of distance running desu. The longest run you’ll do is the eagle run which is 5 miles at an 8 minute pace so it’s real easy, plus it’s all about singing cadence and comradery and shit. In the first couple weeks you’ll do some variation of hill runs with gear on or something. Tbh you’ll do fine if you can run anything faster than a 14 min 2 mile. The most miserable times will be road marches, not even the official rucks.

NG, the last line of defense.

Miraculously my whole command passed when they made not taking it twice a performance incentive.

Usually sit in the 285-300 range depending on how much we’ve been in the field leading up to the APFT.

Hitting it hard as fuck for the next few months leading up to deployment. Squad PT in the AM, swim during my lunch break, lift on my own after work.

Unironically, we would take heavy, heavy losses if WW3 happened and my unit was deployed

>18 min 1.5 mile

Good luck

Yo are you in the GA National Guard by any chance? This was literally my last units failure rate. Then again it's the national guard in general that has a bunch of shitters.

This. We ran a mile or so some mornings during PT for a “warm up”, and a few ability group runs. It was mostly 30/60’s and 60/120’s. Actually put effort into those and you will see HUGE payoffs in your run time. I cut off Almost 6 minutes on my 2 mile while I was at Benning.(18:45 to a 12:53)

Nope OR

The problem is that some people have literally failed their PT tests for years and the guard doesn’t do anything about it

I'm working on joining, got MEPs tomorrow at 5 am
Gonna join Coast Guard special forces

Holy shit fuck off

>heavy, heavy losses
>heavy losses
>heavy
I see what you did there. Us too.

You will probably be the first person the airforce has ever seen fail boot because of fitness.

>coast guard
>special forces

Choose one.

>What is D.O.G

Thanks for achieving my foreign policy goals of destabilising my neighbours cattl- I mean, thank you for your service to 'your' country, esteemed equals.

quit smoking.

That would be SOF, not special forces.

Awesome stuff senpai. Thank you. Will make user proud.

Gb2 /pol/ faggot

Dog doesn't exist anymore retard. Hope you are trolling even the most 'elite' c.f. forced just train fast rope all day and have never ever done any ops.

T. Coast guard

Solid my dude. Are said gear runs in boots, just out of curiosity? I imagine that makes a difference and totally changes your running form......

Sound like every 18x..think they are hot shit because they have a “special forces” contract, only to find out that they are retarded and don’t know anything in the slightest. Then of course, they will get dropped from SFAS and moved to whatever unit the army needs bodies in, where they will get there, and their first team leader fucks their world up on the daily because they already failed the one thing in the army they signed up to do. Shit bag until proven otherwise.

Have fun being a puddle pirate.

>11 min 2 mile max

Uhhhhh, I'm fucked then.

Lol I would love to hear someone tell me they are coast guard special forces so I could just laugh in their fucking face

Actually I'm 23 and enrolling as a comms guy.

TRADOC has strict rules they have to follow. Unless you’re getting smoked, you won’t run any distance in boots on purpose. Hell, usually the first ruck or two you do 1-2 miles will be in your soft shoes. The injury rate is too high nowadays to be doing dumb shit like that. Fucking kids didn’t eat their vegetables and drink their milk when they were younger.

Lel, have fun with that

I think I would choose a JROTC unit to go in before I sent in the Coast Guard Special Ops team

That's what I heard, just wanted to confirm. IMHO I would suggest that maybe running in boots is not such a bad idea..... Train like you fight and all that.

Meh, it’s not that hard at sea level. What’s fucked up is the same standard at high altitude. Only guys I know running in the 11’s at almost 7000ft are guys who grew up here, and ran competively. I’m running very low 13’s, high 12’s here and swear every time I run an apft im gonna die. Shit sucks.

>be muhreenz
>hoho we so special
>pt every fucking week by doing crossfit related things
>half of the shop is limited duty
>2 are limdue
>my knees are beyond fucked
>tfw will never do another squat ever again
>expect us all to be magically capable of getting 300s
fuck this shit, even better is we're just POG faggots
if you're running, get running sneakers, whether long distance or sprinting.
Boots for everything else is fine, and the occasional sprinting in boots every 2-3 weeks for a bit.

That’s a good way to fuck yourself up. You’ll never run multiple miles into a fire fight...

I have a job interview at Fort Meyer Monday. I run my 5k in just under 25 minutes.. but I swim a mile in 30 minutes. I'd have to cut 15 pounds before bootcamp.

I feel you man, I’m gonna be fucked when I get out. Infantry takes a big fucking toll on your body.

Hey man I plan to. Obvs do what they tell you, but I need the physical stimulation just as much as I need technical/mental stimulation. Otherwise my first choice would be infantry. If they stick me on a desk, I'll reroll for inf for sure.

Just joined the Navy. Going in for AECF. Does anyone have a good workout plan/diet? I started working out in November and while I have seen improvement I think I could do better. I have a while till i ship.

Have a long way to go then man. What branch?

Any routines I should start doing to prepare for USMC OCS? I can't exactly remember my PFT/CFT scores, but all I know is I'm still first class and that I beat my corporal and major.

...do you honestly think infantry doesn’t have technical/mental stimulation?

>tfw failed the entrance exam twice
>never bothered with math in school and did trade work my whole life

Also had a feeling throughout my whole life, the army is what i was meant to do and why i was born. But that's gone out the window now.

Like this user said you’ll start out in soft shoes for the first couple of weeks.

That being said, they’ll still probably make you run and smoke the shit out of you while you have boots on. It’s not like they’re gonna let you change into your soft shoes before they fuck you up

Practice kneeling on the ground and making a massaging motion under your chin while taking a shaft in your mouth.

Have fun sucking your way to captain.

If you can’t pass the asvab, you would have a very bad time in the army...

> 11min 2mile

Shit, the best 2 mile I ran was 17 min. How much could I improve by the end of this year?

I agree with what you said about 18x guys, but there’s no reason to be hard on the user just cause he wants to try hard

I'm not even infantry and we get treated expecting to be frontlines or some shit, it's beyond stupid.
Train your endurance, go rucksacking, learn how to absolutely demolish maps, get smart, read books, be as competitive as possible.
Don't be the fucking butterbar getting yelled at by LanceCorps, I've even seen a PFC do it.

and most especially, learn to fucking lead, like if you get through OCS and just because you're ranked over enlisted doesn't mean you're better than them. Fuck you if you tell a Sergeant to fuck off when he has experience compared to your boot ass.
I've seen someone pass with a fucking 5, get a waiver for having autism or something.

>of the shop is limited duty
are limdue
>>my knees are beyond fucked
>>tfw will never do another squat ever again
>>expect us all to be magically capable of getting 300s
>fuck this shit, even better is we're just POG faggots
>
Do 100 push ups daily and 100 sit ups daily, and focus on doing as many as you can before failure. You will EASILY max the strength test if you do this. For the run just run a timed 1.5 mile run weekly and do intervals 4 days a week.

t. Navy CFL

You must be a POG, my unit is pretty Veeky Forums

This user was trolling, he’s enlisting in the army as Commo.

I have no doubt that it does. Ideally I'd like to be attached to an infantry unit as the "sig op make magic box talk" dude, while still going through alĺ the same inf courses. My problem is that I want ALL THE COURSES. Just not the ones that make you end up flying desk. Fuck that shit with a rusty fork.

>>pic related

Well this thread turned to a dick measuring, circle jerk in no time at all.
Is there going to be any substantial discussion how to most efficiently train your body for wartime conditions? Maybe even some discussion on psychologic conditioning to stresses one might encounter?

>you would have a very bad time in the army...

No i wouldn't, I've lived a strict life my whole life, enjoy repetitive things, manual labor work, blood sweat and tears. You can beat me at math, but when it comes to building / working on motorcycle engines or building a house I'd make you look like a woman.

Math has never been my fortitude, I'm hands on guy.

Makes me quite upset i'm terrible at mathematics, especially things like algebra, trigonometry and so on.

God damnit didn't mean to reply to you, eating chicken and shitposting.

I deal with maps and books cause I'm an FO. Rucksacking is what I need if I'm gonna be honest here. That's one of the reasons why I wanna go officer, our leadership is shit.

Coast guard actually operates a lot. More than the average infantryman nowadays at least

I met a dude in RSP who was a helicopter mechanic in the coast guard. He was also a 249 gunner and he talked about how they had to clear boats and capture “pirates” or smugglers and shit all the time. He was tall as fuck and muscular, total chad

It’s true that most coast guard fags are pathetic and the branch is literally a joke and there’s no funding, but any sof is gonna be competent

>implying you can’t tell a Sergeant to get fucked if he tells you something stupid

Half the time they’re testing you to see what they can get say with. Some of the time it’s because they’re literally retarded.

Plenty of NCOs out there with Sergeant chevrons on solely because they re-enlisted and never got caught doing something stupid.

>I met a guy who bragged about how big of a badass he was in the military
>he even had cool elaborate stories!
>yeah, of course I believed him!
Oh user, you have a lot to learn

Holy shit a 249 gunner no way!

So like literally a PFC in the Marines. Definitely a killing machine.

>former 3 mile clubber
>only 2 more years on 1.5 mile club
fuck BRS, high 3 baybee

Infantry actually

I’ve got bad news for you kid...if you get pushed to the line as an s6(it’s considered a punishment for a 25 series) it won’t be until you’re an NCO..which GL getting there, I’m sure the points are through the Fucking roof. Your entire MOS in an infantry unit can and is taught to a Private. Which, because it’s usually a smarter private, will do the job more efficiently and work harder. By the time you get to the point of reclassing, you will likely be too in your Pog ways to want the life of a grunt. Frankly, if infantry is your second choice..you probably shouldn’t be there in the first place.

We have this cbrn NCO who sleeps all day long. Has only been caught once and that's when he was a Lance

Distance increases every few weeks, I'd say increase weight aswell, find whats comfy and keep going with that. Also, get something that is ment to go rucksacking with, I've seen people do it with a jansport bag and then complain about back pain.
Like my entire command, jej.
>249
are you purposely not saying 240?

If you can't pass the asvab you are a legitimate moron.

Yeah I mean don’t get me wrong a good Sergeant is literally a godsend to the PltSgt/PltCmdr but I’ve ran into enough bad ones to know that you can’t automatically assume he’s right all the time

The point I was trying to make is that the coast guard actually does stuff, even in peacetime, rather than fiddling with their dicks in the portashitter before they have gate guard

Navy here. I've always barely made it, but I'm actively working out now.

Back in the oldy times the Marines carried a light machine gun called the M249 or SAW.

We always gave it to the newest motherfucker in the fireteam because it was a bitch to carry and take care of.

Which is the wrong answer desu. Saw gunner should be the senior most guy behind the TL...

They do normal training excercises based on their job. So does literally every other branch.

Do you unironically not know what an m249 is?

Am I the retard here?

Yeah yeah I know but no one has enough fucks to give to actually do that

Well yes, I absolutely love the 249.
However with the amount of pain in carrying and absolute fun it is to shoot the 240.
Misread of post or just retarded/too tired to post straight.
249 is cool as shit.

Until you need a competent SAW gunner in a fire fight...then the decision to give it to the new private isn’t very smart now is it?

user, I’m talking about real people trying to smuggle real drugs, or whatever, and the coast guard doing their job and boarding these boats and subduing the people on-board. I’m NOT talking about training exercises

Did you have to get an asvab waiver?

Fuck man. Maybe I should just go inf then. My recruiter basically said I was a "strong officer candidate" and "would be competitive for any position in any branch" based on psychometric, cognitive and physical testing. Was he feeding me recruiter bullshit because they need more comms, or what? I want two things out of this job, be in the field and technical growth. Not to mention continued physical gains.

>stronk officer candidate
>enlists

user...

Nah my new guys were competent.

We gazed the fuck out of them until they couldn’t fuck up.

He’s a recruiter, of course he was feeding you Fucking lines. I’m willing to bet I outscore all of your line scores, but guess what, I walked in to the recruiters office, told him I wanted an infantry contract and nothing else, if he could help me, awesome, if not I would find someone that would.

If you want to be in the field and have the potential for technical growth, you will be miserable as commo. The amount of shit you have to learn, remember and execute in the infantry world would blow your mind.

>recruiter told me X is the best branch of all
>tells me all these cool things
>as soon as you even so much as apply a dot of ink on the contract hell start treating you like shit on the spot
gets even better when you're actually training at boot camp, even better if you have a secondary training bullshit too, and best of all is the end result of just wishing people were fucking dead, or you get lucky and stuck with some cool lads.

Army at Fort Meyer in Arlington, VA. Eh, at least I can run. I can just train myself before boot camp with sprints and just a hard cut.