Share life advice

Share life advice

Don't eat soap, trust me

All people are selfish. Embrace it and make it a tool.

Eat soap, trust me

You got the wrong door, /adv/ is 2 blocks down

Don't even talk to girls with tattoos, trashy thots have no soul, best to avoid outright.

Unless you like having fun.

real talk: why are the people on /adv/ so weird? they seem like they're completely disconnected from Veeky Forums culture and style, they're complete fags honestly but i can't put my finger on it

what's up?

keep close acquaintances and no friends.
If you want to succeed in life, forget your pride and dignity.
If you don't mind your status in life, never lose your pride or dignity to anybody.

One of the highest female populations on Veeky Forums.

It's unironically probably about 25% female posters. Only board higher is /cgl/.

No clue. Anywho, my favourite ridiculous answers i saw people get during my time on /adv/ (a couple hours) were:
>start cuckolding if you are growing bored of your relationship
>dont be socially conservative until you are in your 40s, your youth is for degenerate hedonism
>you are weird for not wanting to be in threesomes
>if your wife cheats forgive her (this was very common)
>improving your life wont ever help depression
Id forgive these if they were shitposts, but they were not even really opposed by other posters.

you sure about that? I think it's just a bunch of larpers

I give out advice from time to time there. As far as I've seen it's mostly loser dudes looking for easy fixes to their sucky lives caused by lazyness.

Female (male)

Only advice you should ever listen on Veeky Forums: Do not listen to advice from Veeky Forums.

Invest in real estate
Don't date fattys or thots
Dress like you're trying to attract yourself.

Don't feel upset that you're not perfect at first.

Take baby steps when starting out something new. Keep focusing on each step, it's easy to look at the overall task and be discouraged.

Just keep taking that next step user, I believe in you and your goals.

There were always things I wanted to go do in life. Travel. Experience new things. Watch the moon dance across the night sky and greet the rising sun on a mountain top. Shit that makes everything else worth it. I never wanted to do it alone though. I wanted a partner to share and also find these things important or at least try these things with me. I came close a couple times with a few partners.... My most recent partner I thought was amazing. Loved them. I became pregnant. He pressured me into aborting and left before it was even finished. Someone I knew half my life crushed me. Ya know what I do now?

I go out. I dine by myself and meet people. I go to public events and enjoy myself. Do karaoke. Dance. See movies. Buy myself clothes and make-up. I eat whatever I want and I notice I eat more healthy too. I plan on traveling this spring and summer. I got over 90% passing grades in my course. I'm deciding what else I want to take in school as this is my 4th(?) Certificate/degree. I'm almost 30 and it took a tragedy to finally get out there a live life.

My life advice is to just do you. Do whatever you want so long as it doesn't hurt others. Don't wait for anyone or anything. Just go with it and see where things take you. Stop thinking so much and don't be so concerned about stupid stuff. You can do these things. I am. It feels so freeing and I've made so many friends and a lot of cool experiences. Don't wait for bad times for things to get brighter. Just make it brighter instead.

Know what you want.
Work to get it.

Discipline is the most important trait. Without it you can't achieve anything.

thanks for the blogpost
also

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Always look at life in new perspectives, which means do something new everyday.

You can still be prideful and have dignity while being successful, it's just about what your values are. But this is good advice for people who give up because they don't feel special.

true its isnt absolute to be honest but more of an expectancy gauge. People don't help loners and don't notice quiet hard workers as much as they notice somebody who's up in their face and shining their shoes. whether this is good or bad is irrelevant but something is still more than nothing either way

Stop lying. You're setting a weak, fake version of yourself up against the world.
Guess who wins?

Watch lectures by Jordan Peterson. He is a clinical psychologist from Canada who ties in the elements of storytelling to direct your life properly. I got his new book and would recommend giving it a read.

he's also a drug addict, depressed loser and a faggot

Took me a second to figure it out, they’re playing checkers using a chess set、I think. Or maybe it’s just entirely staged for the fun of it.

Fuk off dumb roastie
Invest in bitcoin

You're right. Usain doesn't have his king on the board and all his pieces are on the one colour.

I would say you would be on point if you has said he was an alcoholic a while back. I don't know someone could miss the mark by so much like a blind person doing archery.

IS SHE FUCKING USING HIS FACE AS HER OWN PERSONAL TOILET?

Time spent being happy is not time wasted, regardless of the activity.

Don't complain unless you're also prepared to offer a solution

Don't say anything about someone you wouldn't say to their face

Always assume they're going to let you down. That way you're prepared if they do and pleasantly surprised if they don't

When learning, try to find a teacher who struggled with the same subject. People who were naturally good will never understand why you don't

If you wouldn't be comfortable defending your point of view in front of an audience, deep down you know you're wrong

Always be patient

Its perfectly fine to hold a grudge. If it meant that much to you, you should be honest with yourself

this is all really good advice, thank you my friend

Stolen from an user months back, some seems relevant at least:

Don't hurt others just because you yourself are hurting

Be consistent in your attitudes towards people

Just because you're tired doesn't mean you're finished

Just because you've put a lot of time in something doesn't mean you need to see it through to the end. Circumstances, viewpoints, needs and goals change all the time.

Always tell people how you feel about them. Tell your mum you love her, tell your dad you appreciate everything he's done for you. All it takes is one bleary eyed lorry driver and you'll never have the chance again.

Nobody on their deathbed wishes they spent more time working

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general

I respek you strong woman

>Dress like you're trying to attract yourself.
What??

THANK YOU BACK SNAP GORILLA!
Also, this is some good advice. Reminds me of my dad. Thanks, user.

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GORILLA

Buy Bitcoin 5 years ago.

k now open bob

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GORILLIA

Outta the way, pussy.

THANK YIU BACK-SNAP GIGANTOPITHECUS

>taking advice from a person who chose to have an abortion so they could indulge themselves without responsibility

Truly scum.

Holy shit, "the wall" isn't a myth.

Never trust a woman with your money.

>I'm deciding what else I want to take in school as this is my 4th(?) Certificate/degree.
>I'm almost 30
HAHAHA future crazy cat lady right here

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GORILLIA

No one is ever too busy to text or call you back. They just have things they deem to be more important that are taking up their time.

>it's ok to eat 5000 calories a day as long as it means you're happy :))
>muh be a good boi don't talk shit on your friends
Cucky McCuck - The Advice.

THANK YoU BACK-SNAP GIGANTOPITHECUS

Do you know who cares about your problems less than you do?

Everybody

thank you back-snap gorilla

>Dress like you're trying to attract yourself.
this is pretty good

10/10 thot larping, would post "tits or gtfo" multiple times

>hurr durr she has a tattoo
>she must be fun

Virgins pls go

Can confirm. Women with tattoos are trash.

>BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

whoops hehe you were saying user? ;)

alpha as fuck

you should become a trap

>life is hard so escape to empty hedonism !!!!

the absolute state of roasties

Invest. Save for retirement. The sooner you start, the better off you'll be.

If your job offers any sort of 401k with matching, and you aren't taking full advantage of that, you are wrong. You are leaving free money on the table.

If your job does not offer this, git gud and get a job that does.

seems like its basically yahoo answers mixed with reddit /askwomen/.

The world wont give you anything so if you want something you have to get out and take it.

THANK YOU BACK SNAP GORILLA

Just be fucking honest. Lying complicates a lot of things. Also, there are a lot of things you can't change about yourself, and if you feel insecure about them other people will sense that and prey upon you. Just take a step back, realize that you can't change a lot of who you are, and just accept it and chill. I've learned that sometimes it is easier to be happy out of spite. God may be trying to fuck me over, he may be trying to make me sad, make me feel like shit, but I'm gonna be happy out of spite for fate.

>If you wouldn't be comfortable defending your point of view in front of an audience, deep down you know you're wrong

hitler did nothing wrong.

Defending this in public while being right will cost you your life. so dont.

its where all the women hang out
this correctly implies that good advice is not given there.

wear sexy skirts

This
Been at my current job for a little over a year since finishing school and my 401k has over 10k in it simply by putting enough in to get my company match.

>just do you
no thanks Ke$ha
enjoy your empty life of degeneracy. Its not hard to be a good girl and attract a quality man. Probably more work for you to act like an idiot. Lemme guess you recently got a foot tattoo.

>Time spent being happy is not time wasted, regardless of the activity.
awful advice, but

Worst advice ever. Do not be honest unless it serves your interests. The same is true for deception. The ultimate truth is the majority of people in this life do not give a shit about you and will use you up and shit on you as they smile and shake your hand. Be devious, beat the manipulators at their own game- anything less and you are a stooge.

this, big time. any apparent altruism is a mechanism for self satisfaction.
> t. biology

That's wrong though. There are times when speaking up despite an audience because you are right. While understandable and practical sometimes, the world would be a bit less filled with hope if people didn't occasionally find it within themselves to speak out.

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GIGANTOPITHECUS

I got this saved, I don't know where it was posted.

Of all the things I've ever learned, the best is that if I don't do it, it won't do it itself.

I procrastinate so much and whine so much about how things are not the way I like. I blame the world for it, then I blame myself with "I can't do it", "it's not possible", "I have this problem" and all the variations, but when people ask me why I can't do it, I have no real answer (I have fake answers sometimes though). I spend so much time in rationalizations of my problem, finding explanations, physical, mental, in society, in myself, or thinking "I ought to do this before that", almost like "my sock has a hole, I can't go outside today, I ought to buy a sock, but I have no money better wait my paycheck" etc etc endlessly. "I'll just shitpost one last time".

At the end of the day I know I kind of want things to be done with, as if it did not depend on me actually doing them. This is so true to my addictions, internet addiction, marijuana, or the shit relationships I ever had and that it took me the greatest time to step aside, toxic friendships I endured because I procrastinated doing something about it. So many lost opportunities for my career or even to spend nice vacations that I've wasted doing nothing much. Even "the things I didn't do" shouldn't be ean excuse. I always hope that things will resolve themselves somehow.

Then, a few times, I remember it. It doesn't mean just to remember the words, I remember it vividly in my head that "if I do it, it will happen", it clicks, I understand it. And then I do it. And it feels great and I don't regret it, even if the results of my actions turn out for the worse, it is a relief to get out of the stale position and I learn something new about it. After some time though, I forget it and return to the same toxic mindset of before.

I post this to remember it. Maybe I'm asking how to remember it, but perhaps even that is excuse not to remember it.

user: remember it.

All money is debt

Great advice thanks user, also already broke my back from weightlifting but that you gorrilla

I feel like I'm wasting my time in school.
I'm not smart enough for a STEM degree; and out of 4 semesters in CC (2015-2018) I've only passed 4 out of 7 GE courses and am not looking at UNI any time soon.
My brain is fried from back to back hypomanic and depressive episodes and I've yet to find the right med combination for this.

I'm currently on:
>Lithium
>Tapering off Lamictal
>Hopefully adding Wellbutrin (after getting a new psych, I had to view a temporary psych to even consider this as an option as my current psych INSISTS on prescribing me SSRI's and poison for schizophrenics.) long story

What trades should I look into? Which are more physical? Which are more mental, etc ,,

Typical goy. What does lithium for you?

What's your diagnostic user? Bipolar disorder? Did you have any psychotic episode?

>4th degree
How much of daddy's money are you going to waste before you actually go get a real job?

Meditate daily for 10 minutes. I am sure there are some habits you do daily for much longer lengths of time. You can afford 10 minutes.

Just started Lithium again, supposed to stabilize my mood. Couldn't handle it last time but that's because the hospital I was at literally NUKED me with high amounts of it to bring me back to Earth. I was getting cramps, vomiting, etc. So far I'm a week in and haven't noticed any side effects.

Bipolar 2, and OCD.
No psychotic episode thankfully, but I did do retarded shit when I was hypomanic.

/po/ turned on him recently for being a kike sympathizer or something like that

Explain "the wall" a bit more please.

Never try to jack off with Bengay. You might think the icy-hot sensation would be pleasureable, trust me when I say it’s not.

You're doing great. The other respondents are obviously younger than 25 year old males.

If you're happy, then so be it.

Oh user. Meds are fucking shit. Did you have to take them for the rest of your life? You seem young. Try to do the best you can, sadly the meds will fuck you up in the long term but hold on tight m8!
Did you do psychotherapy as well?

>Enlightenment on drugs
I want to kill those faggot.

Yeah I'm a victim of the medjew but only got phucked by psychotropics my PDOC tried putting me on so I refuse to work with him any longer. He seems like a shill.

What is psychotherapy? I have a therapist if that's what you mean. We have a great relationship

4u

You'll be fine user, it will take some time though. My dad is also bipolar 2 and he didn't get diagnosed until he was 47 and he has been bipolar since his late teens. Thankfully though you've been diagnosed and you're being treated. You'll find the meds that work the best for you eventually, and even though meds suck they're much better than the alternative. Try to use the states when you're "up" to your advantage, like studying for example. My dad spent his and my moms entire pension savings, their life savings, got addicted to drugs subscribed by a doctor that were supposed to be completely fine but turned out to be extremely addictive and got banned, He had to get rid of the addiction under a period of four years. He became an alcholic, lied about having a job, lied about basically everything and "tried" to kill himself on multiple occasion, one of those I got to witness first hand. That was before his diagnosis, now he has payed of all the debt and has a successfull career and has started to save money again. You can do it too, user. No matter how shitty it feels you just have to push through. A lot of really successfull people are bipolar. Just don't give up my man. You'll make it.

im 35 and I think she's acting like a shithead. she obviously was dating a similar shithead or he wouldnt have niggered out on her at pregnancy.
"do you" should mean to better yourself not to act like an unhindered child