What books can you honestly say completely changed your life?

What books can you honestly say completely changed your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0XhfnJytYFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if one book totally changes your life you should read more books

The God Delusion. But it didn't change my life, I would never let mere literature affect my life on the grand scale.

The Richest Man in Babylon

if you're going to read just ONE book in 2018, please make it this one

FPBP

A Treatise on Human Nature is probably a contender for me though.

Martin Eden

Mein Kampf

P P S T 3RD EDITON

Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb

On the Genealogy of Morals by Friedrich Nietzsche

Herzog by Saul Bellow

All of these were like punches to the face. Shows you that intellectual posturing doesn't mean shit if you don't have the perseverance and will to actually take action in your life.

The Holy Bible
>inb4 b-b-b-but god can’t be r-real!

Inb4 "meditations" fedora tippers

youtube.com/watch?v=0XhfnJytYFg
The only acceptable answer

four hour work week
made me never want a real job :( probably shouldn't have read it

The Coming Insurrection
By The Invisible Committee

Available for free on pdf

Made everything click into place for me, like a difficult puzzle you just found the major connections in.

Harry Bloater and the Kyriakos Stone

>Joke: Das Kapital
>Woke: Mein Kampf
>SHWOKE: For My Legionaries

Nice on the Nietzsche. He's definitely changed me more than any other thinker. Aphorisms from his later work (Zarathustra thru Antichrist) pop into my head all the time. I've gotten a couple years older, time to read him again.

Schopenhauer's NEET manifestos The Wisdom of Life and Counsels and Maxims are great, but as a preparation for Nietzsche. You gotta overcome that stuff.

Wherever You Go, There You Are - Jon Kabat-Zinn

i dont get it, why the bus ?

the bus driver is positioned higher compared to a car driver and can notice the gap before falling off the edge
it means you're fucked if you're a manlet

2nd this
My only regret is not reading it sooner
I have the 7 laws of gold taped to my computer monitor

mein kempf

poor manlets have it really rough

Third this.
This book is such an easy read (only like 200 pages) and yet contains some of the best finacial advice you can get. Its lays it out simply which is a bonus.

the rest of the cars have only one person in them; the driver (or, some of them might be a father and his family)
the bus wont drive off the road because he’d be killing far more people than just himself if he did
this angers the rest of the self-pitying self-destructive rubes
its a reflection on the selfishness of suicide and how we as a society nurture and pity those who do not deserve pity nor comfort

Hi I have PhD in Philosophy and did my dissertation on Nietzsche

Nietzsche is writing for an audience of people who have studied philosophy their entire lives, and in fact intentionally writes in such a way that people who /haven't/ done this will get the exact opposite meaning from his writing than what he intends

The odds are good that both of you are the common folk Nietzsche so freely ridicules, and that you don't really understand anything he's saying.

Sorry to be like this but people on Veeky Forums saying that Nietzsche changed their lives are my least favorite people in the world; nothin personnel kid

Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl

Literally life-changing.

Fourthed
No need to waste time with a book though, the audiobook is on YouTube, the guy who reads it is fantastic

The Meditations

>Reading
Do I look like a fucking nerd to you?

>posting 2010 ledditeur larping this good
Honestly you make me feel young again.
And il/lit/erates larping le patrician meme are mine. Shitting on people being inspired about reading is like shitting on dyels for being happy with their first noobgains, you're trash and deserve to get necked by your barbell.

Also Mediations.

>OP says "books," plural

also
>"Of the many things my first teacher taught me, that's the one that stuck"
>A single quote about how internalizing one information source and ignoring the rest is dumb
I bet the author expected the reader to find that (single page) of his comic book as profound as his character did
Back to /co/ faggot

Industrial Society and its Future.